Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.7 ROM

Hi folks!
    With the release of a new 007 ROM from Minix, which is a DAMN good ROM, it was time to make a custom ROM for you all. Minix blocked using ADB to root this ROM. They blocked being able to do a ADB push command. I understand why they do this as they don't support rooting.

But in the spirit of getting the best out of our devices, I give you my rooted ROM.
    USE AT YOUR OWN RISK ESPECIALLY THE OVERCLOCKED KERNELS!

FYI, Sorry to ask and not trying to beg, but I could use a few more donations. You X7 guys have been great in this area! If you feel this ROM is worth it, please consider a donation
    THANKS!

Features and release notes for my 1.7 ROM:

1) Rooted and new SU and Superuser applied that supports Android 4.2.2

2) This time I did not change the parameter file.
    With 16GB and 4GB allocated for APPs, this seems like a good balance.
    However, I added a 8GB, 10GB and 14GB parameter file by request.

3) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!

4) All Google required APPs updated to the latest version as of this ROM build.
    This includes the play store and other required Google CORE and APPs.
    Minix stock ROM had a very old Play Store and GMS Core.
    Updating caused bugs with constant asking for a credit card!
    This is now fixed.

5) ADB was not allowing ADB push commands and giving permission denied.
    This is now fixed

6) Gameloft fix. I did not have to apply this! Minix is learning and used my patch!

7) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
    I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
    Your device will show up in google play as Samsung device not a X7!
    Understand this please.
    I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
    If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
    Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
    Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
    Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a Minix Nexo X7.

8) I give you a choice of boot.img's.
    One enables Airpin and one does not.
    I personally do not use Airpin so if you do not either then boot1080no_air.img will remove it.
    Why have the annoying airpin service if you do not use it!
    boot1080no_air.img is the default in my flash tool.

9) Of course as always I debloated the ROM of Apps!
    Starting with a clean ROM is important depending on what you want to use your X7 for.
    Why have APPs burning resources if you never use them?
    This time I also removed all the RK Launcher and tools (LauncherNew.apk, RKSettings, etc).
    Also Minix had some hidden APPs that were of no use. Not sure why this crap was in the ROM?

10) 720P kernel if your TV does not support 1080P
    I have supplied a patched 720P kernel made from the stock 007 kernel.
    It is in the folder FinlessROM/720p_kernel_boot
    See below for how to use this in the flash tool.

11) A full set over overclocked kernels!
    In the folder FinlessROM/oc_1080_kernels are a good set of OC kernels.
    The file names explain what they do.
    If you do not understand what the names mean, maybe you should not overclock!
    USE at you own risk.
    Special thanks to FreakTab developer phjanderson for making the patch-o-matic tool to easily make these kernels!
    FYI, I modified Mr. Anderson's patch-o-matic scripts to add more CPU scaling from min to max.
    You get 7 scaling levels where his tool today only gives 3.

12) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).
    Use this to easily get into flash mode to change boot.img's or later kernels!

For more information and how to install drivers, flash this ROM, etc, ALWAYS read the README.TXT in the ROM kit!

Here is the link for Android 4.2.2 - Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.7 ROM

ROM -> Minix Neo X7 - Android 4.2.2 - Finless 1.7 ROM (336 megs)

Here is a set of 720P OC kernels

ROM -> Minix Neo X7 - 720P Overclock Kernels (68 megs)

Enjoy folks!

Bob
    Last edited by Finless; 11-17-2013, 16:19.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Blazing fast, this is the first time i am OC-ing at all and did the minimal, it is amazingly fast in using.

One thing i noticed, the bottom bar does not change thickness size even on 1080p, it is quite thick compared to 1080p 006c stock.

Edit: same goes for the notification center and settings menu, they look double in size.

Comment

Re: NEW - Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.7 ROM

Originally posted by Pluto View Post
      Blazing fast, this is the first time i am OC-ing at all and did the minimal, it is amazingly fast in using.

One thing i noticed, the bottom bar does not change thickness size even on 1080p, it is quite thick compared to 1080p 006c stock.
      Install Xposed Framework with the Xblast Module and you can change it in that.

Great, great ROM.

Sent From My Nexus 5 Powered By Franco Kernel

Comment

720p O/C kernels

Just wondering if it would be possible to create O/C kernels for the 720p displays.

Thanks

Comment

T428

Will this rom work on my T428?
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Hulu+

Hi Finless

Would like to know if Hulu+ is working on this firmware. I had it working perfectly on Minix pre-006c firmware but when they released ver. 007 firmware it stopped working. What it does now after on 007 is that it freezes when it tries to play any video. The only way to get the x7 to respond is to reboot it. Could you make Hulu+ app worked on your rom as it worked on Minix pre-006c firmware.

Thanks
            Rdavidowski

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Dasher View Post
              Just wondering if it would be possible to create O/C kernels for the 720p displays.

Thanks
              10) 720 kernel if your tv does not support 1080.

Comment

nice firmware Bob
                Everything is possible if we work together!
                ApkFreak

Comment

Hi bob, thanks for the great work. Without you this box was probably in the trash.
                  wanted to ask, what it means 7 scaling in oc kernel. Is it that CPU will govern his own speed on the fly, even when playing high bit rate movies, so if not necessary it will not oc'd?

Comment

Thanks for your work on Minix X7. Donation sent today.

Comment

Great Work Bob!

Comment

Display not happy after flashing ROM

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        10) 720P kernel if your TV does not support 1080P
                        I have supplied a patched 720P kernel made from the stock 007 kernel.
                        Cheers for the ROM, Finless.

Strange business going on with my setup. Prior to flashing this rom, using latest stock (007) when I would attempt to switch to 1080 output the display would be full of fleeting multi-colored artefacts flitting by over the display of the desktop. The system would display but it was clearly unhappy about doing so - at 1080.

720p on stock was fine. I flashed this ROM, tried the 1080 stock options, no good. Now the display would flash me the boot logo, and then once booted it would give me occasional sub 1 second glimpses of the desktop every cpl of minutes.

I reflashed with the 720p options from this ROM, same situation as with the 1080p from this ROM, effectively no display.

I went back and reflashed to stock - now bizarrely, same problem with the display.

I'm going to turn everything off and see what happens in the morning. Odd, eh?

G

Comment

Thanks for the rom

Downloading and testing it.
                          Only thing for me remaining is with xmbc having hdmi passthrough in this new release.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                            Will this rom work on my T428?
                            t428 can use x7 firmwares without problems, keep in mind that t428 has really poor heat dissipation (and its really cheaply built) so the higher clocked overclocked kernels probably wont work or could even damage it.

Comment

hi finless

great rom .keep up the good work

one requist
                              is it possible to add a option to put the device in Hibernate mode

Comment

Working...
                              X