Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.7 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

movie 1080P and sound are not synchronized

I installed the stock rom finless 1.7 without overclock.
    I tried playing 1080P HD video (AC3 audio codec) with internal player.
    the video and sound are not synchronized, there a few seconds offset.
    have you a solution to fix this problem?
    I have the same problem with official rom minix V007
    Thank you for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
      Install Xposed Framework with the Xblast Module and you can change it in that.

Great, great ROM.

Sent From My Nexus 5 Powered By Franco Kernel
      i just cant seem to modify the navigation bar. notification bar is 50% transparent, looks neat.

it is not a bad idea to offer something like this over Bobs rom, we cant really ask Bob about cosmetics tbh, waste of prescious time

Comment

Getting Hulu+ to work.

I installed this new ROM with the 720p Kernel. Inorder to get Hulu+ to work I had to install an earlier version (2.6) .

Now everything is running very nicely.

D

Comment

Re: NEW - Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.7 ROM

Originally posted by Pluto View Post
          i just cant seem to modify the navigation bar. notification bar is 50% transparent, looks neat.

it is not a bad idea to offer something like this over Bobs rom, we cant really ask Bob about cosmetics tbh, waste of prescious time
          Works fine for me? Are you able to change the look and the colour of the soft keys because I am. Are you using the Xblast Module. and have everything checked as 'on'.

You also need to install Busybox from the PlayStore.

PS. If you want to get rid of the Nav Bar completely, use Full Screen from the PlayStore. It puts 2 small customizable buttons in each corner of the screen for back and home / long press for recents. I use this all the time now.

Comment

audio out of sinc

Originally posted by Samquad View Post
            with minix firmware v 007, I have problems wehnelt i play HD movie from dlna server:
            HD video 1080 with hd audio codec ac3 are not synchro...
            Rom finless 1.7 has this problem?

thank you
            samquad
            i have the same problem with several movies already back to 1.6

Comment

Just for the feedback

Yesterday I flash with 1.7 finless,

ROM no air 720 with oc kernel: kernel720_cpu1800h_gpu798h_ddr720

everything works Ok

No flickering or "glitter" (old LDC TV samsung 32")
              Wifi OK
              Static IP over wifi OK
              Videos OK (except for a few H264 that they seems a explosion of a paintshop but i think is not related to the finless, don't work with any others roms, it's a codec thing.)

Play pause A2 don't work.

XBMC I don't test yet.

Antutu

Comment

Im guessing I'm the only one having major problems with this FW?

I'm getting loads of screen artifacting & random shutdowns as well as random icons disappearing on my home screen. The delete shortcut icon is now gone altogether although it still in the position just invisible. The playstore also seems really sluggish & the wifi has also dropped?

Anyone else having any of these issues?

Obviously the screen artifacting & shutdowns is the most important issue. I was using the kernel_cpu1704h_gpu798h_ddr720 & I assumed it would be down to the GPU OC as that would explain the screen artifacting & was all that had changed from what I was previously using on 1.6. So after about 4 shutdowns within an hour I decided enough was enough & wiped it & went back to what I was previously using kernel_cpu1704h_gpustock600_ddr720 - No change, the exact same issues happening.

So i've given up now I just cant be arsed anymore, ill leave it for another day & wipe it then apply complete stock settings & see what happends I guess....

Comment

Well I have done some tests with some different kernels but all of them have the same connection issue.
                  However I installed the OC1800_GPU798_DDR800 on 1080p60 with same issue but when I changed towards 1080p30 the problem dissapeared.

So the question now how come 1080p60 causes this issue, is it related to the TV? or ?

Comment

Originally posted by Molle View Post
                    +1.

I have tested this patched version of libmedia on 1.7 and it works perfectly.
                    Hey Molle,
                    I still have issues with XBMC not giving my sound in the movie. So far I installed the libmedia 007 patch with ouyaxbmc.

In the sound settings of xbmc, what do you get at the bottom?
                    XBMC indicates it sees an error in the passthrough option "Error - no passthrough device found".
                    Just trying to find out what is different.

Comment

I decided to just get it out the way & do it.

Installed all stock kernel settings - No good, exactly the same.

I'm hoping everything will be working perfect again when I go back to 1.6 otherwise it looks like its knackered my box.

Comment

Originally posted by Lukas View Post
                        I decided to just get it out the way & do it.

Installed all stock kernel settings - No good, exactly the same.

I'm hoping everything will be working perfect again when I go back to 1.6 otherwise it looks like its knackered my box.
                        Have you got the x7 mini? I don't think this ROM is compatible with it. Otherwise I think your hardware is borked.

Also, are you restoring the firmware during flashing rather than upgrading? Do you erase nand before a flash?

Comment

Bob, I have tried all the provided kernels including the 720p img but none of those have solved the issue I'm facing... Every couple of mins The tv loses connection with the box and gets reconnected again... Like a hdmi refresh.. This happens on any kernel irrespective of the mode used in hdmi output..

This is very annoying and I'm not sure how to fix it.. I tried using build prop edit but that didn't work either
                          Any help here is greatly appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Heire View Post
                            In the sound settings of xbmc, what do you get at the bottom?
                            XBMC indicates it sees an error in the passthrough option "Error - no passthrough device found".
                            I see the same but passthrough still works. Do you have the following entry in the advancedsettings.xml file:

Code:
                                <libMediaPassThroughHack>true</libMediaPassThroughHack>
                            </advancedsettings>
                            Not sure if it's still needed with the latest libmedia-enabled XBMCs, but it won't hurt.

Besides that I don't have anything out of the ordinary in my settings. Audio output in XBMC settings is set to HDMI/5.1 and the Android sound setting option is at "RK29_RT5616_PASSTHROUGH".
                            NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
                            NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
                            Buy me a beer?

Comment

Originally posted by Lukas View Post
                              Im guessing I'm the only one having major problems with this FW?

I'm getting loads of screen artifacting & random shutdowns as well as random icons disappearing on my home screen. The delete shortcut icon is now gone altogether although it still in the position just invisible. The playstore also seems really sluggish & the wifi has also dropped?

Anyone else having any of these issues?

Obviously the screen artifacting & shutdowns is the most important issue. I was using the kernel_cpu1704h_gpu798h_ddr720 & I assumed it would be down to the GPU OC as that would explain the screen artifacting & was all that had changed from what I was previously using on 1.6. So after about 4 shutdowns within an hour I decided enough was enough & wiped it & went back to what I was previously using kernel_cpu1704h_gpustock600_ddr720 - No change, the exact same issues happening.

So i've given up now I just cant be arsed anymore, ill leave it for another day & wipe it then apply complete stock settings & see what happends I guess....
                              Are you tried to erase nand, and start for the beginning with the stock kernel that comes with the Rom?
                              Did you use a clean install from the pc?

leolas.
                              REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                              My devices:
                              Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                              MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                              Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                              Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                              Gearbest.com)
                              MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                              Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                              Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

I think it has something to do with this auto overlay. If I leave it set 70 720p in minix settings it seems ok.

I've also had the same as above, random screen flashes & my tv flashes up the remote HDMI controller for a brief second as if its resetting/refreshing something. strange as the only thing that can use the Remote HDMI controller is my PS3 but the Minix is definitly trying to do something that my setup doesnt like.

If not this then yes I think your right the hardware is borked!

..but yes, ereased NAND, flashed all FW including stock, with complete restore, all the same as i've done a hundred times before.

Comment

Working...
                                X