Pipo M9 Pro - Finless 1.5 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kenneth View Post
    The new update is still 4.2.2! Minus the PIPO launcher. Just exploring and testing but seems ok…. so far
    Tried it some minutes ago. Being a noob I thought that it would just update the firmware which in my mind would not change anything on the Finless 1.5 rom I had installed...
    Anyway Just like you said it seems like they just changed the launcher compared to the stock rom, tested Antutu with no score differences so in your opinion should I flash back to Finless 1.5? Or will there be an update on Finless with this new firmware(If I make no sence please correct me)? What's your thoughts?

Thanks

Comment

I'm working on a new ROM today.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Randy, I am too!

FYI this new ROM has so much trash in it that doesn't even get used it's amazing!

I have no idea what Pipo is doing but talk about filling up /system with junk.... SHEESH!

What a mess....

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Yeah, I deleted a bunch of stuff.

I guess you have seen the new thread I made for my version.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
            Yeah, I deleted a bunch of stuff.

I guess you have seen the new thread I made for my version.
            Sorry not yet.... I was working on mine all day sorry...

Bob

Comment

FYI while Pipo calls this a "Universal ROM" it performs better if 3G stuff is removed for wifi only M9 Pro's.

Thus my ROM will be providing a 3G and a wifi only boot.img.

Bob

Comment

FYI the biggest deal on this new Pipo ROM is sync and notification services has be greatly improved!

My 1.5 ROM would sometimes get laggy as hell if you had a bunch of APPs installed that used push notifications or synced all the time.

This now seems to be fixed a lot! But I don't have all the APPs I had installed before so time will tell.

So you know this is a big deal with Android. Ever go to use your Tab a few days later and everything seemed to be hung? That's because it was asleep for a while and is trying to sync and update notifications. This is one of the worst areas for Android if you have a shit load of APPs installed. Apple devices seem to do well with this but Android right now can cause heavy lag for several minutes (mine has been almost up to 5 minutes) while BS notifications go on.
                Best to disable notifications (especially push) if your an APP hog
                But this ROM seems to have really gotten better for this.

Bob

Comment

when

hi Bob,
                  ;When are you planning on releasing the new rom ?

Comment

Yes, this is a good question. We are still with the 1.5. When are your planning the new version? ( i hope this week). We need this update, and i think you are making a good job, killing all the crap we don't need.

Comment

I am working on it......

KK will be first though.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        KK will be first though.
                        I've two M9 Pro 3Gs. One is on your 1.5 but will have to go back because the GPS hardware seems to be non-functional. It never sees a single satellite

The other is still on the stock firmware and although it sees GPS satellites, it never gets a fix, probably because it thinks it is in China. I'd like to put some decent firmware on it, but if there is a new version coming out from you in a few days, I'll wait for that.

I know you can't give a date, but any rough idea how long it is likely to be?

Comment

Check the forum

Originally posted by hairydog View Post
                          I've two M9 Pro 3Gs. One is on your 1.5 but will have to go back because the GPS hardware seems to be non-functional. It never sees a single satellite

The other is still on the stock firmware and although it sees GPS satellites, it never gets a fix, probably because it thinks it is in China. I'd like to put some decent firmware on it, but if there is a new version coming out from you in a few days, I'll wait for that.

I know you can't give a date, but any rough idea how long it is likely to be?
                          First, there are lots of threads about the GPS with the Pipo M9 Pro, I am not going to look them all up so you need to read and do your research. Second Bob and Riley do this on the side, for no cake... they have their lives to live, a job to put food on the table..maybe even a little fun.... So simply put, when they are done ...in will be done and posted..remember a donation helps!
                          My 2 Cents....
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Comment

Originally posted by PipoM9Pro View Post
                            I am not going to look them all up so you need to read and do your research.
                            My 2 Cents....
                            Well, I think that your post deserves an award, for being the most unhelpful, irritating and useless post I've read on this forum for some time. Certainly not worth two cents.

Of course I've researched the problem with the GPS. That's how I know one has a software issue and the other has a hardware issue.

I asked a specific question which you are not able to answer because you don't have the answer, but you answered anyway and tried to divert the thread in a different direction so that I won't get an answer.

If you have nothing to say, why don't you say nothing?

Comment

I cna tpye 300 wrods pre mintue !!!

Comment

Lets see if I can be more helpful for you.

Since GPS service is basically a radio installed in your tablet, along with a wifi radio and a Bluetooth radio....and for some, a 3G radio....there is a bunch of RF coming in and out of your device. We have already identified that a few of these tablets left the assembly line with faulty solder connections on the antenna for wifi...and there are numerous posts on how to fix that.

I'm no too familiar with the antenna configuration on the GPS radio, but it may be worth popping the hood and inspecting the solder quality of your tablet. While the back is off, you might even test the GPS signal and see if there is improvement.

Another factor is whether the GPS data is correct. It is supposed to download the GPS index for your geographic location to speed the process, but that actual setup time varies. You need to have the exact time zone set...and the accuracy of your internal clock is a factor.

Whether you've decided to stick with Bob's ROM because you don't want to move up to KitKat...or you've heard bad things about my ROM....it doesn't really matter...I have made ROMs with the KitKat and Jellybean versions of newer firmware that may or may not solve your problem. I have received positive reports on my 2.6 ROM that I made using the M7 Pro firmware...that GPS works well.

I also know that Bob is working on one or two updates, himself. So there are plenty of choices for the M9 Pro for you to try.

Just take care and make sure you follow the already well documented precautions necessary for flashing KitKat ROMs and switching back to Jellybean. Its doable...you just have to pay attention to what you are doing. And understand why.

As you can see, I've made thousands of posts to help folks with their tablets. Many have been repeats of already posted information. Sometimes I get a little frustrated, too...but the bottom line is that we are primarily here to help...whatever it takes.

I quite enjoy having Bob doing his ROMs, because we get to share things back and forth, like in the early days of FT. So, I'm looking forward to seeing what Bob has for us on his next release.
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X