X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flashes the rom and lost IMEI and serial number

How can you get back;

Comment

I'm afraid I can't help you there. Pipo's 3G devices don't work in the United States...so I have no experience setting them up. Hopefully, someone with working 3G can chime in and explain. I've searched the whole ROM for 3G settings, and can't find them.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by manytso View Post
        flashes the rom and lost IMEI and serial number

How can you get back;
        You can download Phone Info from the playstore,it's for Samsung but i tested on my tablet and is working.
        There you should find your IMEI and Serial number. If not you did something wrong.
        Im on 2.6 to and it shows the numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by ludoke View Post
          You can download Phone Info from the playstore,it's for Samsung but i tested on my tablet and is working.
          There you should find your IMEI and Serial number. If not you did something wrong.
          Im on 2.6 to and it shows the numbers.
          Thanks, but restores
          them actually works phone info

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
            I'm no too familiar with the antenna configuration on the GPS radio, but it may be worth popping the hood and inspecting the solder quality of your tablet. While the back is off, you might even test the GPS signal and see if there is improvement.
            I've done that on the tablet with totally non-functional GPS. Frankly, all the soldering looks like it was done in the dark by amateurs (I have photos!) but I can't do anything about that because it is going back to the supplier for replacement with one that works.

I wasn't able to identify which is the GPS antenna. Does GPS share an antenna with the wifi or the 3g? I only found two. Its wifi performance is excellent and its 3G performance seems OK. Well, it would be if the mobile carrier hadn't gone bust on Wednesday. Replacement SIM card isn't sorted yet. They sent the wrong size!

The other M9 Pro does find GPS signal from time to time, but never gets a fix. I'm pretty sure that running fasterGPS will fix that, but it's not even rooted as it stands: it is running stock firmware dated Jan 2014, full of Chinese stuff that I have no use for.

I really liked the clean and lean Finless 1.5 ROM. I didn't try yours because it didn't do GPS. Now I'm a little worried about the 3G and wrong IMEI.

That's why I was asking how long his new version might be: if it is soon, I'll wait. If not, I'll try yours.

Comment

Any idea how to fix it
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hairydog View Post
                I've done that on the tablet with totally non-functional GPS. Frankly, all the soldering looks like it was done in the dark by amateurs (I have photos!) but I can't do anything about that because it is going back to the supplier for replacement with one that works.

I wasn't able to identify which is the GPS antenna. Does GPS share an antenna with the wifi or the 3g? I only found two. Its wifi performance is excellent and its 3G performance seems OK. Well, it would be if the mobile carrier hadn't gone bust on Wednesday. Replacement SIM card isn't sorted yet. They sent the wrong size!

The other M9 Pro does find GPS signal from time to time, but never gets a fix. I'm pretty sure that running fasterGPS will fix that, but it's not even rooted as it stands: it is running stock firmware dated Jan 2014, full of Chinese stuff that I have no use for.

I really liked the clean and lean Finless 1.5 ROM. I didn't try yours because it didn't do GPS. Now I'm a little worried about the 3G and wrong IMEI.

That's why I was asking how long his new version might be: if it is soon, I'll wait. If not, I'll try yours.

More hints here-
                www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?8568-Pipo-M9-Pro-wifi-antenna-modification-instructions&p=135832&highlight=#post135832

There are some photos of the gps antenna in those old threads too if you hunt around a bit.

I don't think fastgps is useful for these tablets, especially the ones without 3g. There are better ways of bootstrapping for your first fix and almanac download. I may be wrong about that, but long long ago I did help write some of the gps software stack now used in android, so it's not entirely a random comment.

Comment

Sadly, the thread you referred to is all about the wifi and bluetooth antenna. I don't have a problem with that.

Originally posted by M9ProPipo View Post
                  There are some photos of the gps antenna in those old threads too if you hunt around a bit.
                  Well, I've only been looking a few weeks, but I haven't managed to find a single one.

I don't think fastgps is useful for these tablets, especially the ones without 3g. There are better ways of bootstrapping for your first fix and almanac download.
                  It would be helpful to say what these "better methods" might be, wouldn't it?

I may be wrong about that, but long long ago I did help write some of the gps software stack now used in android, so it's not entirely a random comment.
                  Given that GPS support in KitKat has been the worst bit of android I've seen in a long time, that's not something I'd be crowing about. Though in fairness, a recent silent OTA update has significantly improved it on my Nexus 4. It's almost good, at long last.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by hairydog View Post
                    Well, I think that your post deserves an award, for being the most unhelpful, irritating and useless post I've read on this forum for some time. Certainly not worth two cents.

Of course I've researched the problem with the GPS. That's how I know one has a software issue and the other has a hardware issue.

I asked a specific question which you are not able to answer because you don't have the answer, but you answered anyway and tried to divert the thread in a different direction so that I won't get an answer.

If you have nothing to say, why don't you say nothing?
                    Appreciate the Award, Thanks!
                    Well it appears you have all the data you need.
                    You have some amazing research and hope you really enjoy your M9 Pro, mine rocks in GPS mode with the antenna mod.
                    Pound _, heard you guys are getting a new 12 sided pound, wow that is way more that our 2 cents!
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Comment

Stop the pissing contest and be nice BOTH of you.
                      We try to keep this place friendly and these posts are not.
                      Last warning.

Bob
                      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Done

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        Stop the pissing contest and be nice BOTH of you.
                        We try to keep this place friendly and these posts are not.
                        Last warning.

Bob
                        Got it Bob, totally understood! Done!
                        Apologize..
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Comment

4.4 kitkat

Will your firmware 4.4?

Comment

Originally posted by bucefal82 View Post
                            Will your firmware 4.4?
                            So ????? It's in the first post!!!
                            Do your mother chew your sandwiches?

Comment

Originally posted by bucefal82 View Post
                              Will your firmware 4.4?
                              May be he wants to know if there will be a 4.4 Finless rom?

Comment

Originally posted by uli-hh View Post
                                May be he wants to know if there will be a 4.4 Finless rom?
                                Yes you are right

Comment

Working...
                                X