Pipo M9 Pro - Finless 1.5 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"gps.config" in my system/etc/ folder.

Does anyone have any ideas or can point me in the correct direction?

you shud have tow files ther gps.conf and gpsconfig.xml

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      It's not a hidden sitting you will find. Scaling has to go in the kernel and then the setting has to be added to framework and settings.apk. Not an easy task!
      Also the reason it is this way on TV is not scaling. It is the aspect ration of the tablet itself. Default screen is 1920x1200 and TV is 1920x1080. To make it work on a TV they rescale thus making the proportions not right.

Bob
      Thank you both! So, is there a way to fix that somehow, or we will have to live with a disproportionate picture on TV?

Comment

Originally posted by datmbn View Post
        "gps.config" in my system/etc/ folder.

Does anyone have any ideas or can point me in the correct direction?

you shud have tow files ther gps.conf and gpsconfig.xml
        I can only see gpsconfig.xml.

Comment

I have looked at the cracktech thing, looked at his ADB script and files.

First if you don't want a bug of junk installed and replaced I recommend not using this! Especially on a custom ROM where a lot of this is already done.

Some lib files are being installed that will never even be use by anything! Some people think cramming a .so file in lib somewhere does something
          Also putting .xml files in that are no different than even on the stock rom

As far as the GPS thing, all it is doing is changing some things in gpsconf.xml and installing 2 apps.

First the NTP app. If your wifi (your router) or 3G is setting your time you do not even need this!
          When you first booted your tablet and connected to wifi, if your time was set, then you already got time from a NTP server or your router. You may have only had to change your time zone in settings.
          So this APP is a waste of processor time unless you need it!

GPS test, isn't this included in the stock ROM already? I removed it from my ROM and you can install it if you like. But it does nothing to fix your GPS. It simply shows your GPS status.

GPS Status. Again doesn't fix GPS problems. It's just another GPS status / test app.

Fast GPS is nice! What it does is mod your gpsconf.xml file and get you setup so your tablet knows where you are to start with. This way it doesn't have to figure it out the hard way which is what causes slower GPS fixes. If you have any clue how a GPS works, even hand held GPS's will fix faster if you enter location information to start with. So this APP does the same thing as popping modified gpsconf.xml files in /etc. But it is another APP running.

In the end the only real thing here is the gpsconf.xml file. Mod one and put it in /etc yourself. It simply helps get a GPS fix faster. You don't need ADB, or anything like that and all the junk this thing installs. If cracktech was nice he would make a simple update.zip that puts your desired gpsconf.xml file in /etc and drop all the other junk people may not want.

Finally, none of this stuff is going to fix a bad GPS antenna or hardware. Just like the wifi issue. If your antenna is hosed, no ROM or software hacks are going to fix that. Fix the hardware! Same with the GPS issue. Outside I have very low GPS signal levels. They are never in the green for me. Reason... My GPS antenna need relocation or improving.

So just letting you know my 2 cents on the GPS issue,
          Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            ...So just letting you know my 2 cents on the GPS issue,
            Bob
            Thank you Bob for the clear statement!

Comment

edit /system/etc/gpsconfig.xml in two places

note there are two lat/lons cold start locations in /system/etc/gpsconfig.xml to edit.

See also other GPS tips here:

GPSTest app is super useful. NTPSync is essential.

Comment

gpsconf.xml position

Also to note editing the lat/lon in gpsconf.xml is only really useful after a fresh flash when it has no idea where on Earth it is. After the first fix it then starts looking from where it last knew it was. Once you have your first fix the gpsconf.xml lat/lon positions are most probably ignored.

Comment

quick boot on my m9pro does not work

Originally posted by rodentkj View Post
                  Been running this rom for a couple of hours now. Here is my feedback.

M9 Pro 3g version.
                  Flashed with the 3G version of the boot.img file
                  1. Mobile - Mobile power no longer enables itself with each boot. Fixed. Yeah!!!

2. Wakelock - The problem is still there. In my case the tab is awake about 50% of the time. The offending process is still rtc_hym8563

3. VPN - I use a client called Private Internet Access. None of the roms I have tested to date have worked. With all the other rom's when the client would get to the Authentication part it would simply disconnect. The first time I run PIA it gets to the authentication point and then the tab instantly hard reboots. If I try to connect again, after the reboot, it does nothing. No even attempt to initiate the logon process. If I uninstall and reinstall the app, the above sequence repeats itself.

4. Quick Boot - This new option does not appear to be working at all. The boot time with it Enabled or Disabled is the same. 1:13.
                  UPDATE: I understand how quick boot works now. Needs to be enabled and then power off the tab. Which essentially puts it in to "Standby" mode.

Here is a video showing the boot time different when Quick Boot is enabled and working. Pretty impressive.
                  PROUD owner of PiPO M9 Pro
                  PiPO P9 best tablet ever owned!!!

PiPO Tablet Freak and Flashaholic!

Comment

Thanks Bob for the info. That has certainly clarified the GPS situation for me, and thanks M9ProPipo for further info and the links.

I know that many have had problems with their antennas, but I wanted to eliminate the software probability before I started ripping the cover off the Pipo.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is Bob saying don't bother with NTPSync and M9ProPipo says you have to use it?

Cheers

Comment

Regarding the GPS, I would like to share a little information.
                      Chinese dealers test the GPS before shipping your tablet.

If you look in the folder root /data / GPS you will see that there is a gldata.sto file.
                      This file is created at the first use of your GPS, but as it has been tried before in China, the gldata.sto (glonav data?) Is configured for China...

Just simply remove gldata.sto file and reboot. This file will be created again at the first use of your GPS and will be modified each time you use your GPS.

The gps.conf file is useless with the latest Pipo models.

For the first fix, you must hold the tablet vertically, connectors at right.

Comment

Originally posted by manao View Post
                        Regarding the GPS, I would like to share a little information.
                        Chinese dealers test the GPS before shipping your tablet.

If you look in the folder root /data / GPS you will see that there is a gldata.sto file.
                        This file is created at the first use of your GPS, but as it has been tried before in China, the gldata.sto (glonav data?) Is configured for China...

Just simply remove gldata.sto file and reboot. This file will be created again at the first use of your GPS and will be modified each time you use your GPS.

The gps.conf file is useless with the latest Pipo models.

For the first fix, you must hold the tablet vertically, connectors at right.
                        I have deleted that file and my GPS is worse than before.

Edit ,

Sorry,to fast with my conclusion,didn't wait long anough,if this is the solution whe all looking for and it looks like it is,then you are a GENIUS.

Thanks for this

Comment

Anywone who can test the GPS solution from manao ? Id did and i think this is the real thing.

Comment

It takes a REALLY LONG TIME for your device to configure...but once it is done, it works.

I did it on a clear day in my back yard. It took about an hour for my tablet to catch all of the satellites.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
                            Randy
                            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                              It takes a REALLY LONG TIME for your device to configure...but once it is done, it works.

I did it on a clear day in my back yard. It took about an hour for my tablet to catch all of the satellites.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
                              Don't get it,to whoom are you replying? And what are you trying to say?

Comment

Originally posted by manao View Post

If I install the Finless-Rom there could be no gldata.sto file because all the files from stock-rom have been erased during flashig!?

Comment

Working...
                                X