Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a thought:

Originally posted by andonisvoug View Post
    Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all of you!!
    I have a PIPO M9 Pro 3G since October and ia have to say that for the money it costed me i am happy.
    If i could find a fix for the battery problem i have, it would be great. I am reffering to the deep sleep battery issue with the 3G devices.
    Anyone knows a fix/trick to make it go into Deep sleep, thus not draining the battey so fast?
    Thanks a lot for the support guys.
    Andonis

With new Leolas Rom plus set sleep at 30 seconds...Turned off bluetooth and turned off location finder and it solved battery issue longevity issue for me. Just and FYI

Comment

Originally posted by Playonlomer View Post
      With new Leolas Rom plus set sleep at 30 seconds...Turned off bluetooth and turned off location finder and it solved battery issue longevity issue for me. Just and FYI
      Please explain me where to find this rom. I assume you have the 3g version. Does it get in deep sleep mode now?

Comment

Originally posted by Playonlover View Post
        Leolas rom? Link to it?

Comment

OMG OMG OMG Pipo released the 4.4.2 KITKAT for wifi version!

link: http://aw2tznbg7w.l45.yunpan.cn/lk/QDtfY2SJiB6Ma

"M9pro Chinese wifi version of the firmware upgrade Upgrade to Android 4.4.2 system This beta version of Android 4.4, only for lovers prerelease experience, the average user does not recommend upgrading"

Comment

Originally posted by asoft4dex View Post
            OMG OMG OMG Pipo released the 4.4.2 KITKAT for wifi version!

link: http://aw2tznbg7w.l45.yunpan.cn/lk/QDtfY2SJiB6Ma

"M9pro Chinese wifi version of the firmware upgrade Upgrade to Android 4.4.2 system This beta version of Android 4.4, only for lovers prerelease experience, the average user does not recommend upgrading"
            Cool!

Waiting to Riley..

Comment

Thanks for the link!!!!!!
              Randy
              Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
              Read my BIO Here
              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
              Donate here

Comment

Mirror Gdrive M9Pro KitKat
                DS1007_M9pro_4.4.2_20131226.rar

Comment

WiFi Only

Hey All, I just asked Anna at Pipo if we can use this new KitKat Firmware with our 3G tablets and she said wait for the release of 3G version. I also asked about the battery drain issue, so there could possibly be separate releases this time to address the battery drain. She did not (of course) actually answer my questions, she just told me to wait! With China not takng any holiday over the Chistmas period we may not have to wait too long.

Comment

so Hy

an ten points question how can i extract the the splash screen (first boot sreen), from the kernel.img file ?
                    thank you

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                      The good news is that if you successfully flashed the Kasty ROM, you won't have any trouble flashing this one. The Finless ROM has some more advanced improvements, so it's worth a try.

Check out this thread for details on how to flash a ROM with the Finless Flash Tool:

This is the guide I include in all of my Pipo ROM's.
                      That is a Wonderful - First Time User's Guide. I highly recommend anyone who hasn't read it, to read it, regardless of whatever Rom they are considering flashing.

I have now been able to get Flashed with Finess Rom 1.5 . I was finally able to get past a problem, which I been having from the start of my flashing experience with the m9pro. When I would run the "ROM_Flash_Tool_137.exe" on my Windows 7 64 bit PC --
                      1) I would see a message saying "Found RKAndroid Mass Storage Usb". (good, no problem)
                      2) But when I pushed the "Reboot to Flash Mode" button -- I would get a dialog box message, telling me that "Device can not do switch, because of no drive."

I was able to get into Flash Mode -- by executing the "RKBatchTool.exe" . Finless has this in his group of files in the (not surprisingly) folder: alternate_reboot_to_flash_tool .. I had also used a slightly newer version of this program from some of my other Pipo flashing experiences. Users are encouraged to read documentation on this Tool, before using it. You might run the Risk of Bricking your device if you hit the wrong buttons. I pushed the "Switch" button, my m9pro went dark.

I went back to the ROM_Flash_Tool_137.exe program windows -- which now showed the message "Found RKAndroid Loader Rock Usb" .. I was then able to proceed, with the erasing the NAND, and onward to the rest of the Flash Process. It all worked Great! Thanks all for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by gogojoe View Post
                        That is a Wonderful - First Time User's Guide. I highly recommend anyone who hasn't read it, to read it, regardless of whatever Rom they are considering flashing.

I have now been able to get Flashed with Finess Rom 1.5 . I was finally able to get past a problem, which I been having from the start of my flashing experience with the m9pro. When I would run the "ROM_Flash_Tool_137.exe" on my Windows 7 64 bit PC --
                        1) I would see a message saying "Found RKAndroid Mass Storage Usb". (good, no problem)
                        2) But when I pushed the "Reboot to Flash Mode" button -- I would get a dialog box message, telling me that "Device can not do switch, because of no drive."

I was able to get into Flash Mode -- by executing the "RKBatchTool.exe" . Finless has this in his group of files in the (not surprisingly) folder: alternate_reboot_to_flash_tool .. I had also used a slightly newer version of this program from some of my other Pipo flashing experiences. Users are encouraged to read documentation on this Tool, before using it. You might run the Risk of Bricking your device if you hit the wrong buttons. I pushed the "Switch" button, my m9pro went dark.

I went back to the ROM_Flash_Tool_137.exe program windows -- which now showed the message "Found RKAndroid Loader Rock Usb" .. I was then able to proceed, with the erasing the NAND, and onward to the rest of the Flash Process. It all worked Great! Thanks all for your help!
                        These are 2 different tools!!! You have to use te tool witch comes with the rom.

Comment

He's right. Both Finless and I include the RKBatchTool as an alternate way to reboot to flash mode. Our ROM's can't be flashed with the Batch Tool, but it does come in handy when you can't get into flash mode any other way.

Then, if you need to flash a stock firmware for some reason, you already have the tool to use.
                          Randy
                          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by ludoke View Post
                            These are 2 different tools!!! You have to use te tool witch comes with the rom.
                            Yes. Thank you. I only used the "Switch" button within the RKBatchTool.exe program.

That put my m9pro into the correct mode -- showing the message:
                            Found RKAndroid Loader Rock Usb.
                            I couldn't find any other way to get into the proper Flash mode so that I could proceed with the Finless Flash program.

Everything else that I did was initiated with the Finless flash tool/program
                            ROM_Flash_Tool_137.exe. I was then able to proceed, with the erasing the NAND, and onward to the rest of the Flash Process (using the ROM_Flash_Tool_137.exe progam interface).

It all worked Great!

Comment

Hi

I have a Ntech RX5QC also with RK3188 chip. This one: http://www.ntech.pt/index.php/tablet...dados-tecnicos
                              Will this version of 4.4.2 will work on it?
                              About the software to update what should I use?
                              Will RKBatchTool 1.6 flash it?
                              Another thing: can get to install the drivers. All the files/drivers I get, doesn't work...
                              Thanks
                              Last edited by rop12770; 12-28-2013, 19:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                                Hi folks!
                                Pipo released a new ROM shortly after I did my first 1.4 ROM.
                                While making this 1.5 ROM based on the new Pipo release, I did find a problem with my 1.4 ROM and battery savings for wifi tablets. This is now fixed in my 1.5 ROM.

Additionally I added by request VPN support (tun.ko and md4.ko) at boot!

Enjoy

Features and release notes for my 1.5 ROM:

[..]

Enjoy folks!

Bob
                                First I thank you for all the work you do for giving us a better Android experience.

I've installed the 1.5 ROM on a PiPo M9 Pro 3G , and It seems there is no cifs.ko module ? am I wrong or did you intentionnally omit it ? is there a way to have a cifs-enabled ROM for PiPo M9 Pro 3G ? (I really need this module for my daily tasks with this device)

Thanks for any information you would have .
                                Regards,

Sidh

Comment

Working...
                                X