No announcement yet.

Pipo M9 Pro - Finless 1.5 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't worry, there will be continued RileyROM support for the M9 Pro. I may enlist Bob's help on some things, but I've already learned a great deal more from Bob's example.

I've already been playing with the KitKat firmware for the U8, and I'm excited to be moving forward with future Pipo releases. They definitely have some challenges to overcome with the M Pro/HD series. I tried to port the U8 to the M7 Pro, which is a very close cousin to the M9 Pro as far as hardware goes, and I haven't been able to boot yet. Looks like I'll have to wait for Pipo, like everyone else.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

To my query regarding KitKat for the M9Pro, Pipo replied there there are no plans...
      /Kastrup

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      Don't worry, there will be continued RileyROM support for the M9 Pro. I may enlist Bob's help on some things, but I've already learned a great deal more from Bob's example.

I've already been playing with the KitKat firmware for the U8, and I'm excited to be moving forward with future Pipo releases. They definitely have some challenges to overcome with the M Pro/HD series. I tried to port the U8 to the M7 Pro, which is a very close cousin to the M9 Pro as far as hardware goes, and I haven't been able to boot yet. Looks like I'll have to wait for Pipo, like everyone else.

Comment

Testing tun.ko etc....

No problem, Bob.

We are both really busy in our own areas. Thanks for all the help. I'm on it!!!!!!!!

I will be testing the VPN part of this (tun.ko etc....) tomorrow.

I just got the Finless 1.5 ROM back in with the aps/utils re,re,re-loaded........

Thanks for all the work you guys do.....

Comment

Originally posted by Kastrup View Post
          To my query regarding KitKat for the M9Pro, Pipo replied there there are no plans...
          /Kastrup
          Who told you that? See my post #54.

Comment

I would personally like to thank Bob and Randy for all the hard work they have done on ROMs for the Pipo M9.

Regarding the M9, it would be nice if someone new could be the new doctor.
            We all know that Bob prefers working with TV sticks because that is what he is in tune with at the moment, and Randy is more in tune with the smaller Pipo tablets than the M9.
            And to top it all off, they both have a lives that do not revolve around Pipo ROMs (surprise, surprise).

I'll say it again - THANKS GUYS!

And Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!

Response from Randy:-
            I'm in tune with the latest firmware for any Pipo tablet. I was laying off the M9 Pro for a while, since Bob was involved in his own ROM. Don't worry, you have plenty of support.
            Last edited by Nordo; 12-18-2013, 21:17.

Comment

Testing tun.ko etc.... part 2

From Finless
              ---------------------------------------------
              Copy these 2 files to /system/lib/modules replacing the ones that are in there.
              Make sure ES File Explorer confirms the copy and does not give an error.

Reboot

Now install Android Terminal Emulator.
              Run it and at the command line type lsmod
              It should list all modules installed into the kernel and tun and md4 should be in the list.

Now try your VPN.

--------------------------

Well that went just swell.
              Lots of different commands out for the various flavors of linux/unix.
              Lots of small things have changed with Googles implementation of unix/linux.

After much frustration with the mount -o bla,bla,bla,bla...... I went with the little Mount/System rw/ro apt Free on Google play.
              I really have to start using my bluetooth keyboard.

The making a backup directory in /system/lib/modules went well, after running Mount/System.

moved the original files to the backup directory

copied the new files to the /system/lib/modules directory.....

no error messages, operation complete.

rebooted and low and behold the copied tun.ko didn't show up under the lsmod command?????
              It shows up when I went there with es file explorer???

ran the tun.ko installer apt (free on Google play) and then it showed up in the lsmod command????? Something ELSE is going on here.....

Tried my pay VPN service and it worked.....

VPN is back to where it was prior to implementation in the ROMS.....
              I have to run tun.ko installer prior to using OpenVPN free.....
              Last edited by RaderCad; 12-18-2013, 15:17. Reason: found the settings for terminal

Comment

Anna @ Pipo customer support.
                Seems to be contradicting information ...
                /Kastrup

Originally posted by colinabroad View Post
                Who told you that? See my post #54.

Comment

Originally posted by Kastrup View Post
                  Anna @ Pipo customer support.
                  Seems to be contradicting information ...
                  /Kastrup
                  Always take Anna's responses with a pinch of salt.

Comment

Desktop Icons Disappearing

I'm currently on Finless 1.4 ROM.
                    (waiting for a micro SD card so I can backup before I install 1.5).

When I turn my tablet on, I get two rows of icons at the bottom - first the OS icons (Home; Return; Vol up; Vol down; etc), then on the next row, the shortcuts to Apps; Camera; Browser; etc.

However, when I move off the desktop then come back, the bottom row (the OS commands, as I call them ) have gone!
                    The only way I can get them back is to power off and re-start the tablet.

Does anyone have this problem or can tell me how to get rid of it?

Comment

Try swiping your finger up from the bottom.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by Nordo View Post

Does anyone have this problem or can tell me how to get rid of it?
                        Been discussed many times.

It's the hidden status bar option Pipo added to the latest firmware.
                        Swipe from the bottom of the screen up and it will come back.

"- to hide the status bar, press the last button on the right from the status bar From the hidden status bar to show it again: slide from bottom of the screen to the top."

Comment

Try swiping your finger up from the bottom.
                          What absolute legends you guys are!!!!!
                          It's funny how something so simple can completely toss you at times.

Thanks Randy and Rodent.

Have a great Christmas.

Comment

Thank you for this amazing firmware

Hi guys,

First of all I want to say Thank You Randy and Bob for this amazing firmware.
                            I just installed and created users for my kids .

I noticed that it is a problem with the hided status bar. The swiping is working fine for the owner (main user). On the rest of the users as soon as the status bar is hide it will not appear on a swiping.

I don't know if it is a problem with the modification done by Bob or Randy or it is a bug from the original Pipo firmware.

Thank you again,
                            Andrei

Comment

Pipo does not support multi user. We just turn the feature on for your use. I have the same problem that Pipo does with trying to fix it. I simply don't have the time right now to dig deep into the firmware to find all of the fixes. There are lots of known issues with multi user.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

hi there! just some user feedback. it seems our tabs are formatted as fat32 so it can be read on both mac/windows. however, this seems to be a problem when we are transferring single files bigger than 4gb (BR movies and what not). is there anyway to overcome this on the tab? especially when its internal memory. i know for the sd card it should not be an issue. i just tried transferring and was prompted that error. so just wanna let you guys know in case others face such a problem too =)

Comment

Working...
                                X