No announcement yet.

Pipo M9 Pro - Finless 1.5 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First exquse for my first short replay, and i am rely grateful for this verry good room and like to use it, but for an dyselktik teknik it is not so easy to get over the language barrier when writing (no problem reading and understand English)

thanks fore the answer about witch files to edit.

regards Mats

Comment

speach input

Originally posted by datmbn View Post
      First exquse for my first short replay, and i am rely grateful for this verry good room and like to use it, but for an dyselktik teknik it is not so easy to get over the language barrier when writing (no problem reading and understand English)

thanks fore the answer about witch files to edit.

regards Mats
      No worries Mats, thanks for coming back so quick. You should try out the speach input and Google translate - It is amazing. My daughter and I have great fun shouting at the tablet in one language and getting the translation written and spoken back to us - she speaks English and Chinese, but I can only do the English bit! Why do you want to change the WiFi settings? There seems to be nothing wrong with them from my tablet. Take a read of the RileyROM2.1 thread as well as Finless1.4 MANY people have WiFi problems that are hardware problems, not the ROM. Rgds, Colin

Comment

Originally posted by jmiturbe View Post
        Hi Bob, do not listen to the guff. The vast mayority of us are thankful that someone bothers to help us without getting anything un return!

Thanks a lot to you and also to Randy.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 4
        + 1 on that!

Speaking as somebody that needs detailed instructions to even flash a ROM I think it is awesome that the likes of Bob & Randy can even do this stuff - let alone share it with us!

My Finless 1.4 tablet is 1,000 times better than the stock product.

We should remember also that these 'bugs' that we are asking the devlopers to fix are 'features' of the original firmware and not something they have introduced!

Comment

A general systems administrator rant.....

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          OK so Randy's ROMs inject tun.ko and md4.ko. It's easy to see in init.rc
          I bet you folks did not know that?

So I did the same thing in my ROM but obviously I used other files KO files that may not work. The files I gave for my test request were directly from Randy's ROM. So it should work. If not then the stock ROM made from this and Randy's ROM made from this same stock ROM should have the same problems.

So something else is going on here!

Bob
          The silly season is upon us. We all don't have much time as we are busy getting ready for the season of insanity and family..... So much for getting things tested and refined in a short period of time....

Interestingly enough, the more stuff you put into your small computer (tablet) the more chance a 'bug' will show up. Especially the programs that have root access. With these problems one will/can probably try and blame the ROM for the problem when it can be tracked down to improper program settings.

For instance: I was getting a random system hang/reboot with the all latest ROM's until I went in to my 'battery saver' and white listed my e-book reader program, since that is where the vast majority of my problems occurred. Since then I have had no more problems with the random hanging/rebooting of the tablet.

By rooting your tablet you have become the 'systems administrator.'

By adding a rooted program you are introducing another 'bug' possibility into your system administrator life.

What? You don't like being a systems administrator? Then do not root your tablet.

Thanks Finless for all your work.....

How did that 'removing the GPS shielding from the board work for you?' Any improvement at all?

Comment

On the WIFI problem

Originally posted by colinabroad View Post
            No worries Mats, thanks for coming back so quick. You should try out the speech input and Google translate - It is amazing. My daughter and I have great fun shouting at the tablet in one language and getting the translation written and spoken back to us - she speaks English and Chinese, but I can only do the English bit! Why do you want to change the WiFi settings? There seems to be nothing wrong with them from my tablet. Take a read of the RileyROM2.1 thread as well as Finless1.4 MANY people have WiFi problems that are hardware problems, not the ROM. Rgds, Colin
            The Pipo M9 Pro has two WIFI antennas built into the device. Unfortunately for us they, the Pipo manufacturing line, use one shielded wire and soldered both the wire and the shield to the two antenna stubs at the board and the antenna interface.

To get the proper use of your antennas you should use two shielded antenna wires and separate the shield from the board. The two antennas are for the 2.4 GHz 802.11 b,g (one antenna) and the 5 GHz 801.11 n channels (two combined to make for the 802.11 n 5 GHz.) You should be able to combine the two as they are very, very close to a double band width length for the b.g antenna. However, your best results will be to separate these antennas and NOT connect the shielding to the board.

This is 'probably' what is causing the majority of the WIFI problems with these tablets.....
            That and some basic setting with the systems wifi radio..... Yes! This is a radio device. There have been reports that several of the lower channels as well as the higher channels do not work, probably related to the antenna problem.

I will have to break out my board soldering gear and get with it.

I found out that Pipo also connected the GPS antenna to the board in the same manner. This could be the problem with the GPS low signal strength many have been reporting.

Happy Holidays

Comment

quick boot

Originally posted by rodentkj View Post
              Been running this rom for a couple of hours now. Here is my feedback.

M9 Pro 3g version.
              Flashed with the 3G version of the boot.img file
              1. Mobile - Mobile power no longer enables itself with each boot. Fixed. Yeah!!!

2. Wakelock - The problem is still there. In my case the tab is awake about 50% of the time. The offending process is still rtc_hym8563

3. VPN - I use a client called Private Internet Access. None of the roms I have tested to date have worked. With all the other rom's when the client would get to the Authentication part it would simply disconnect. The first time I run PIA it gets to the authentication point and then the tab instantly hard reboots. If I try to connect again, after the reboot, it does nothing. No even attempt to initiate the logon process. If I uninstall and reinstall the app, the above sequence repeats itself.

4. Quick Boot - This new option does not appear to be working at all. The boot time with it Enabled or Disabled is the same. 1:13.
              UPDATE: I understand how quick boot works now. Needs to be enabled and then power off the tab. Which essentially puts it in to "Standby" mode.

Here is a video showing the boot time different when Quick Boot is enabled and working. Pretty impressive.
              Hey, is this confirmed not working in Finless 1.5,?
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Comment

Originally posted by RaderCad View Post
                The Pipo M9 Pro has two WIFI antennas built into the device. Unfortunately for us they, the Pipo manufacturing line, use one shielded wire and soldered both the wire and the shield to the two antenna stubs at the board and the antenna interface.

To get the proper use of your antennas you should use two shielded antenna wires and separate the shield from the board. The two antennas are for the 2.4 GHz 802.11 b,g (one antenna) and the 5 GHz 801.11 n channels (two combined to make for the 802.11 n 5 GHz.) You should be able to combine the two as they are very, very close to a double band width length for the b.g antenna. However, your best results will be to separate these antennas and NOT connect the shielding to the board.

This is 'probably' what is causing the majority of the WIFI problems with these tablets.....
                That and some basic setting with the systems wifi radio..... Yes! This is a radio device. There have been reports that several of the lower channels as well as the higher channels do not work, probably related to the antenna problem.

I will have to break out my board soldering gear and get with it.

I found out that Pipo also connected the GPS antenna to the board in the same manner. This could be the problem with the GPS low signal strength many have been reporting.

Happy Holidays
                Hang on; M9PRO has 5ghz? I left my router on 2.4 because I thought it didn't. Are you sure?

Comment

Originally posted by PipoM9Pro View Post
                  Hey, is this confirmed not working in Finless 1.5,?
                  What item are you referring to?

Comment

Kit Kat is Kuming!

Hi All, Just to let you know I have had word from Anna Ye at Pipo that they are working on Kit Kat for the M9 Pro, but they cannot give me a release date yet. Given the speed with which they release other firmware I suspect it will not be long. Cheers, Colin.
                    ps Kuming is a crude spoonerism, NOT a spelling mistake

Comment

WiFi with 1.5 : loaded up with new Finless 1.5 ROM. By the thank you big time for the ROM cooking. Also very happy that a super human like you, is also a user of the M9 Pro! I appreciate all the extra you do for this community and more....Question for all...On every reboot/or start up, my WiFi is off. I must turn it on manually. Is this Normally for this 1.5 ROM....??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Comment

Originally posted by PipoM9Pro View Post
                        WiFi with 1.5 : loaded up with new Finless 1.5 ROM. By the thank you big time for the ROM cooking. Also very happy that a super human like you, is also a user of the M9 Pro! I appreciate all the extra you do for this community and more....Question for all...On every reboot/or start up, my WiFi is off. I must turn it on manually. Is this Normally for this 1.5 ROM....??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
                        Hi Pipo9Pro - I just double checked mine and it defaults to ON after a soft reboot (long press on power button)
                        and it defaults to ON following a hard reset (sharp stick in small hole in back) Internet acquisition time is about 4 seconds according to the grey/blue colour of the WiFi notification symbol.
                        for Bob.....I notice the Phone data symbol coming on then disappearing after the hard reset, but not following the soft reboot - but I also realised whilst I have turned off modem power I had forgotten to turn off data enabled and data roaming in settings - they are off now! A fresh hard reset....no phone data symbol now all is off in settings. I have no SIM card fitted, but will try on next week in the UK.
                        Hope this helps, Rgds,
                        Colin.

Comment

Originally posted by colinabroad View Post
                          that they are working on Kit Kat for the M9 Pro, but they cannot give me a release date yet.
                          First version of KitKat for M9Pro from our Russian friends.

Comment

Just flashed your ROM, and tried to reboot into recovery only to be met with the picture of the Exclamation Mark Robot.

What's going on there then?

Comment

Maybe you need to install a CWM recovery. My friend on the french forum could go on the CWM recovery but the tactile doesn't work. You have to use a mouse or USB keyboard to navigate inside.

This is only a alpha/beta ROM and I think it's nice to try.
                              Maybe some developpers will take a look.

Comment

OK, I'll do that. I'm curious as to why Finless doesn't bundle a custom recovery in with the ROM.

Also, it would be good to get a proper touch recovery sorted for this device.

Comment

Working...
                                X