No announcement yet.

Pipo M9 Pro - Finless 1.5 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Tyler If you have some problems to go back to the Finless ROM, when you flash Finless again, thick also "loader" on the flash tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Durden View Post
      Just flashed your ROM, and tried to reboot into recovery only to be met with the picture of the Exclamation Mark Robot.

What's going on there then?
      The Pipo M9 Pro has no recovery from his owne,that's why you get the Robot.
      You can install CWM Touch but becaus the M9 pro has no fysical volume buttons its barelly working on this touchscreen,you kan use a usb keyboard alltough.

Comment

I don't put CWM on devices because not everyone can deal with it. Seems some have more problems with it than without. Those that want CWM can easily install it.

FYI, I made one of the first CWMs to work on RK devices a long time ago. Seems for RK3188 it needs some work. One is to solve the first boot issue when it is flashed with the ROM. There should be no reason it cannot be flashed with the ROM. This is a missing format command for internal SD causing the problem. Second is getting touch to work. That's the harder part.

I will look into this when I can.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

edit
          Last edited by manao; 12-18-2013, 11:38.

Comment

Originally posted by the5th2000 View Post
            Hang on; M9PRO has 5ghz? I left my router on 2.4 because I thought it didn't. Are you sure?
            According to PIPO the M9 Pro has a 802.11 b/g/n capability built in.

"The 802.11n specifications is for both the 2.4 GHz and the lesser used 5 GHz bands. Support for 5 GHz bands is optional." So we may NOT have 5 GHz capability.....

WiFi is noting more than a 'radio' that uses certain frequency ranges to communicate, this is wrapped up in an international standard called IEEE 802.11. These frequencies are in the microwave bandwidth so there are some harsh restrictions. Imagine a 1000 watt capability (at the antenna) WiFi system? Birds would fall down dead if they landed next to the antenna while it was in use.

That is why there are two antenna leads to tune the radio antenna to operate at different frequencies.

Turn your hub to 5 GHz
            If channels of number 36 & higher show up then you got the 5 GHz part working (USA and EU) on the tablet. Most of the restrictions on this band have to do with being to powerful and too close to a weather radar site. 'n' is restricted to indoor use or narrowly focused site to site.

Most of the routers out there should do an auto switch between 2.4 and 5 GHz anyway.

I don't have an n router available to me yet so I cannot test this out.

Comment

tun.ko

Bob,
              A few pages back you asked that someone do some testing with regards to the tun.ko file.

Do you still need that done?

Comment

tun.ko test

Originally posted by rodentkj View Post
                Bob,
                A few pages back you asked that someone do some testing with regards to the tun.ko file.

Do you still need that done?
                It would not hurt - I did some tests, but two is better than one - there were several other members who asked for this to be added, but they have been silent since Bobs request! I am currently using the tun.ko loader from Google Play which only works if you already have a connection to the outside World, which I do not as I am in China! It would be interesting to see what results you get with the test. Rgds, Colin.

Comment

I am sorry guys but CWM has no idea what Android OS you have installed. It is a recovery system and has nothing to do with Kitkat or any other Android OS version. So wherever you heard CWM has a problem with Kitkat is false!

Yes I still need to know if the tun.ko and md4.ko work. I don't want to crank out a new ROM unless I know. I realize taking these files from Randy's ROMs should in fact fix the problem but baised on what people are posting, it appears the issue with VPN has far more to do with something else rather than the KO modules. Sorry but I do not screw around here! I need good solid testing period. Not to make this sound like a joy ride but I do not crank out a new ROM based on a few peoples reported problems. I need solid input... Been down this road too many times.

I will be honest here guys and not to sound arrogant. I did this ROM because I recently got this tablet and wanted something better in the ROM. I have been doing ROMs for a long time and my focus at this time is TV sticks. Tablets have always been a headache for me even though I started this site based on them and taught most the Dev's here what they know. The open hardware of TV sticks is far better to work with. I am not sure I want to continue to make ROMs for this tablet and just pass on what I have learned to Randy. Sorry.... It's just not that interesting to me right now. Again not to be arrogant but it's just not..... And based on the folks willing to help, input received, etc..... this also makes it un-motivating for me.

My ROM was made to suit me. I just thought I would share it with others that may see something like me and want better. For me, my Tablet now works the way I want it to. Stable and tuned. If it doesn't work for you, well I am not here to solve everything for everyone. Sorry.....

I will support Randy and answer anything he asks within my ability. He is the tablet king here! Maybe it's best he continues as I just don't have the time to work on this more.

Sorry to say all this but it's best I let everyone know where I am coming from.

Bob

Comment

Nice Rant Bob! I think the point here for most members is you saying you are not here to solve everything for everybody - A completely different outlook to Randy who I think is overwhelmed with the amount of requests he gets for tweaks - across MANY different tablets. I suspect forum members (including myself) were expecting the same 'service' from you that they got from Randy. Simply seeing the continuing posts on Randy's last ROM shows there is still a lot of interest and what appears to be a very helpful community out there with M9Pro's.
                    There is absolutely no doubt from my experience that whatever magic you did to the firmware made a great improvement over stock and for me it is absolutely stable. I thank you for what you have done and only hope that if you tweak KitKat for your own tablet that you share it for the few of us that do appreciate what you have one!
                    I wish you all a Happy Christmas and Prosperous New Year!

Comment

Originally posted by colinabroad View Post
                      Nice Rant Bob! I think the point here for most members is you saying you are not here to solve everything for everybody - A completely different outlook to Randy who I think is overwhelmed with the amount of requests he gets for tweaks - across MANY different tablets. I suspect forum members (including myself) were expecting the same 'service' from you that they got from Randy. Simply seeing the continuing posts on Randy's last ROM shows there is still a lot of interest and what appears to be a very helpful community out there with M9Pro's.
                      There is absolutely no doubt from my experience that whatever magic you did to the firmware made a great improvement over stock and for me it is absolutely stable. I thank you for what you have done and only hope that if you tweak KitKat for your own tablet that you share it for the few of us that do appreciate what you have one!
                      I wish you all a Happy Christmas and Prosperous New Year!
                      Thanks!
                      And of course if I ever do another ROM for this tablet Kitkat or otherwise, I will share it and any tweaks I do I will share with Randy so he can continue to support you guys! I have shared with Randy all my tweaks thus far.

I didn't post the above because I don't care! I did it to not make false pretenses on what I would continue to do for this device.

Randy is free here as a FreakTab Dev to take anything I do and use it. That is the Dev community I built here and will always be that way. If it was not for people like Randy and users like you, FreakTab would not stay in existence!

Thanks.....

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        Thanks!
                        And of course if I ever do another ROM for this tablet Kitkat or otherwise, I will share it and any tweaks I do I will share with Randy so he can continue to support you guys! I have shared with Randy all my tweaks thus far.

I didn't post the above because I don't care! I did it to not make false pretenses on what I would continue to do for this device.

Randy is free here as a FreakTab Dev to take anything I do and use it. That is the Dev community I built here and will always be that way. If it was not for people like Randy and users like you, FreakTab would not stay in existence!

Thanks.....

Bob
                        Bob, it is VERY clear to me that you DO care - I only hope others understand. I am really looking forward to KitKat! Keep Smiling, Cheers for now, Colin.

Comment

Wow!?!
                          Randy
                          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                            Wow!?!
                            Something I said Randy

Just being honest.

Keep up the awesome work buddy! People love your work!
                            Sorry to leave for now..... Too many ROMs and not enough time

Bob

Comment

No problem, Bob.

We are both really busy in our own areas. Thanks for all the help. I'm on it!!!!!!!!
                              Randy
                              Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                              Donate here

Comment

I just recently joined the FreakTab community and of all the ROMs out there, I thought yours was the one for me. And it turns out it's great, clean and optimized. I tried to give helpful advices and get involved with the community in any way I can. I even created a boot animation (it's not much - http://imageshack.com/a/img28/6537/mw8l.jpg) and wanted to get some AfterEffects tutorials to create something cool for your next version release :|

I'm sorry to hear that you will stop continuing the work on current ROM (at least for now) but I understand.

As colinabroad said, I'll be looking forward for KitKat if you will have the time and feel like sharing

Cheers mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X