Pipo M9 Pro - Finless 1.5 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gps

You need very accurate time to get an exact position even down to milliseconds something that Internet never can give you because accesstime differs by time and distance, so the gps chipp will use time settings from the satellites as son as an connection is established.

But you don't need that exact time to get a first fix/lock, just think about it,
    the distance around the word is about 40000000 meters so if you divide it by 24 you get 1666666 meters diff if your clock is 1 hour wrong, but lets divide it with 60 tow times to get down to seconds /60 /60 gives 463 meters, even if your clock differs 1 second it will place you in an circle of less then 1000 meters
    This will place you inside this settings in gps.conf

INTERMEDIATE_POS=1
    ACCURACY_THRES=5000
    So my thought is that you don't reely ned anny NTP_SERVER in gps.conf (once of line your tablet can not use it anyway) if you anyway want some it will be sufficient with
    NTP_SERVER=pool.ntp.org
    It will most likely sett your clock correct in 1/10 of an second (46 meters timediff)
    The best thing is that it is global so you do not have to change it as you travel, just make sure that your tablet is in the right timezone.

One other thing that I think matters more is thats the compass is calibrated.
    you just need time and angel to 1 satellite to ruggedly place you on the map.
    Just download any app of your chose that can calibrate the compass and you will be fine.
    (GPS status is a nice one, that even can download AGPSdata)

Just letś walk through some populars settings i gps.conf
    DEFAULT_AGPS_ENABLE=TRUE I think this setting is same as default so you dont realy ned it if you dont want to sett it to false

DEFAULT_USER_PLANE=TRUE
    INTERMEDIATE_POS=1 some as above i think that this is the default

ACCURACY_THRES=5000 scanning thro gpsconfig.xml lead me to think tat default is 4000 so this may make some differance, but if you realy want to pass evrything you shuld sett it to =0 it then will lett everything through.

REPORT_POSITION_USE_SUPL_REFLOC=1
    SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com
    This is suposed to help in in difficult situations like towns but you need some netconektion 3g or wifi, and further more some citat
    "But this not always works.
    Devices uses Google as Supl Server but most devices are unable to use it due to invalid/expired certificates and Google servers rejects the Assistance requests in such scenario Users should use SUPL.NOKIA.COM:7275 , which although slow (but something is better then nothing)"

ENABLE_WIPER=1 dont know annything about this

XTRA_SERVER=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
    XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
    XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin This is an intresting one. ther is 2 ways to get an walid satelit almanac ether thro xtra.bin ore lto.dat (long time orbit data, the same thing as most stand alone gps uses to get fast fix)
    and i think pipo uses lto.dat because in gpsconfig.xml you find this:
    LbsSyncLtoThresholdDays="3"
    acLtoDir="/data/gps/"
    ltoFileName="lto.dat"
    SyncLto="true"
    I dont know how this works, will the gps do this automatikly or do we have to tell it to do it in gps.conf, or do we have to provide some adress to synk from. I dont know maybe somthing like this:
    AGPS=http://gllto.glpals.com/7day/latest/lto.dat
    or
    XTRA_SERVER=http://gllto.glpals.com/7day/latest/lto.dat
    But I do know that, if I manually download an fresh lto.dat and place it in /data/gps/ I get an pretty fast fix.

The one and most importent thing is to make sure that the lto.dat is synkt on an regular intervall.

This is my humble sudjestion of an gps.conf file

DEFAULT_USER_PLANE=TRUE
    ENABLE_WIPER=1
    DEFAULT_AGPS_ENABLE=TRUE
    DEFAULT_SSL_ENABLE=FALSE

INTERMEDIATE_POS=1
    ACCURACY_THRES=5000

REPORT_POSITION_USE_SUPL_REFLOC=1
    SUPL_HOST=SUPL.NOKIA.COM:7275

NTP_SERVER=pool.ntp.org

#XTRA_SERVER=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
    #XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
    #XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

AGPS=http://gllto.glpals.com/7day/latest/lto.dat
    #XTRA_SERVER=http://gllto.glpals.com/7day/latest/lto.dat

#if you have problem wit quality of data you may put in this
    #QOS_ACCURACY=50
    #QOS_TIME_OUT_AGPS=95
    #QOS_TIME_OUT_STANDALONE=80
    #QosHorizontalThreshold=1000
    #QosVerticalThreshold=500

Just my 2 cents of thouths from an old fellow knoving a littel about gps and some mor about celestic navigation.

regards Mats

Comment

@ datmbn, I think Bob and Randy are tired about the GPS configuration.
      But,... I saw you underlined this two value and I know this is perfect and essential (not for last Pipo models...)

INTERMEDIATE_POS=1
      ACCURACY_THRES=5000

Don't forget something: gps.conf is useless withh the last Pipo models

I let you my gps.conf for USA (if Bob or Randy would delete my post it doesn't matter I understand)

Example: configuration for USA (copy and paste it into a new file gps.txt on Windows and rename it to gps.conf)

NTP_SERVER=0.north-america.pool.ntp.org
      NTP_SERVER=1.north-america.pool.ntp.org
      NTP_SERVER=2.north-america.pool.ntp.org
      NTP_SERVER=3.north-america.pool.ntp.org
      NTP_SERVER=0.us.pool.ntp.org
      NTP_SERVER=1.us.pool.ntp.org
      NTP_SERVER=2.us.pool.ntp.org
      NTP_SERVER=3.us.pool.ntp.org
      XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
      XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
      XTRA_SERVER_3=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
      SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com
      SUPL_PORT=7276
      SUPL_TLS_HOST=lbs.geo.t-mobile.com
      SUPL_TLS_CERT=/etc/SuplRootCert
      INTERMEDIATE_POS=1
      ACCURACY_THRES=5000
      DEFAULT_AGPS_ENABLE=TRUE
      DEFAULT_USER_PLANE=TRUE
      ENABLE_WIPER=1

If your GPS is regular and not weak, ** ACCURACY_THRES=5000 you can replace 5000 by 2500 or less.

The best things to do for catch the satellites:

Some advice I gave to my Hyundai T7 tablet with weak GPS and this model need a gps.conf http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/7408...t-a-quick-fix/

For best results download this small application (ClockSync)https://play.google....ClockSync&hl=fr and synchronize the time before using the GPS.

Try outside the GPS with "gps test" https://play.google....s.gpstest&hl=fr

- Inside gpstest settings, tick "Keep screen on" and "Hide slaph screen" (in the settings you can update Agps if you are connected with wifi).

- Configure below "field format settings"
      - Hold the tablet in vertical position connectors at right

Comment

I'm not tired of it...hahaha!!!!!! It just appears that you are way more knowledgeable than I am on this subject.
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Impressed With GPS Response

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          I'm not tired of it...hahaha!!!!!! It just appears that you are way more knowledgeable than I am on this subject.
          I'm impressed with your response Randy. Your response shows that you are NOT an "ego tripper". Fortunately my Pipo M9pro GPS is working satisfactory, but if I have any problems in the future I'll know who to call on.

Comment

Used ArcTools To Load CWM Recovery

Hey gang, I was able to load CWM recovery on my Pipo M9pro (wifi only) by using the instructions on the arctablet blog. I had tried flashing my ROM using the recovery imagine found in Bob's 1.5 ROM kit to no avail (this is the ROM I have installed on my tablet). Thereafter, I tried flashing the ROM with recovery imagine found in Randy's 2.1 ROM kit to no avail also. I'm sure there was something I was not doing right. I googled "arctools.apk download" and found the tool on the arctablet website forum. Some of the hits indicated that the tool was also located in threads here on freaktab. The instructions on the arctablet forum are straight forward for installing the CWM recovery to RK3066/RK3188 devices. In their instructions is a list of devices that the tool has been confirmed to work with. The Pipo M9pro is on the list. I can attest to the fact that it also works very well with Bob's finless 1.5 ROM. The instructions are easy to follow; even a newbie like me was able to install the recovery with no problems. I use the free Rom Manager that can be found on Play Store to "reboot into recovery". I also saw a thread by Randy here on freaktab indicating that a Reboot App to recovery by Petrus is also located in a thread here on freaktab. Since I already had a copy of the free ROM Manager app on my tablet and it worked, I opted not to use the Reboot App by Petrus. By the way, it appears that 0.80 is the latest version of the arctools.apk application. Thanks to Randy, Bob, and you men and women, I am really enjoying the features and capabilities of my tablet.

Comment

Can I remove the labels from the boot screen with your logo / nickname?
              If possible raskazhite as.
              This is the only minus your firmware ....
              Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                my 1.5 ROM:
                Finless, I flashed on the tablet firmware 4.4.2. Following your instructions I can flash it to 1.5(4.2.2) without any problems?
                Forum 4pda include a message:
                "Attention! Downloaders firmware 4.4.2 and 4.2.2 are different ... To avoid conversion device in brick, flashing device to firmware 4.4.2 and 4.2.2 firmware return to recommended using Rockchip_Batch_Tool_v1.7(update.img)."
                Last edited by Apmyp; 01-25-2014, 13:59.

Comment

Its funny how things get lost in translation.

The point is that you must flash the loader.bin file each time you go back and forth between 4.2.2 and 4.4.2. You WILL brick your tablet if you forget this step.

It doesn't matter which tool you use to flash with...I just think that the Finless flash tool is easier to control what gets flashed and what doesn't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                  Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                    Its funny how things get lost in translation.

The point is that you must flash the loader.bin file each time you go back and forth between 4.2.2 and 4.4.2. You WILL brick your tablet if you forget this step.

It doesn't matter which tool you use to flash with...I just think that the Finless flash tool is easier to control what gets flashed and what doesn't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
                    Totaly agree with you Randy,in the mean time people should know by now (if them did the effort in readig true the forums).
                    Finless Finless flash tool is the easiest tool but if people ignored de advise to tick the loader,there will be come questions on that over and over again.
                    Maybe it must be mensioned in the OP in big red and i mean BIG CARACTERS .
                    I know,people come here,they see a rom like 4.4.2 and thinking,WOW KitKat for my device and they flash it with all the troubles afterwards.
                    Just had some guy on tweakers who needs advise and wont lissened to my advise and result: yes softbrick.Wondering why they ask for advice if they don't follow it.

Comment

no nfs support and real 1920x1080 resolution for external monitor

I've just flashed that ROM and found no nfs support in it as well as I wasn't able to get real 1920x1080 screen on my external monitor via HDMI cable. It's a pity...

Comment

FYI I did not include CWM in my ROM...

Bob
                        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Back to 4.2 ...

Just FYI: my 20 days of testing and experiencing the beta KitKat on my M9Pro (no 3G) are over.
                          Although you did a super great job Randy (and it runs very faster and smoother than Finless 1.5) I 'miss' the missing functions (such as GPS) and flashed back to Finless 1.5 without any problems.

After all, it was worth while to get the taste of what's to come BUT preferably wait for the final, fully functioning 4.4, once ready.
                          Patience is definitely a blessing, not a punishment...
                          /Kastrup

Originally posted by ludoke View Post
                          Totaly agree with you Randy,in the mean time people should know by now (if them did the effort in readig true the forums).
                          Finless Finless flash tool is the easiest tool but if people ignored de advise to tick the loader,there will be come questions on that over and over again.
                          Maybe it must be mensioned in the OP in big red and i mean BIG CARACTERS .
                          I know,people come here,they see a rom like 4.4.2 and thinking,WOW KitKat for my device and they flash it with all the troubles afterwards.
                          Just had some guy on tweakers who needs advise and wont lissened to my advise and result: yes softbrick.Wondering why they ask for advice if they don't follow it.

Comment

I haven't checked today, but I don't expect many updates for a while from China. It's Chinese New Year...and they roll up the sidewalks in China during that time. Nothing gets done, AT ALL. I may be wrong, but it may be mid February before we see much from Pipo.

No offense to my friends in China...just stating the facts......
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

does the finless 1.5 rom has the bottom button (dual arrows looking down) to hide the status bar? as i don`t like it
                              Last edited by Kenneth; 01-26-2014, 08:47.
                              PROUD owner of PiPO M9 Pro
                              PiPO P9 best tablet ever owned!!!

PiPO Tablet Freak and Flashaholic!

Comment

Yes it does ...

Originally posted by Kenneth View Post
                                does the finless 1.5 rom has the bottom button (dual arrows looking down) to hide the status bar? as i don`t like it

Comment

Working...
                                X