Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 2.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fazerg pretty much covered 1 and 2.

For question 3...at the moment, Pipo isn't putting their launcher in the Kitkat firmware. Taking it out of the JB ROMs eliminated a bunch of headaches. We will see what happens on future releases, but I'm inclined to stick to providing a streamlined ROM without the extra bells and whistles. Its up to the user to trick out their UI how they want it...not me. My taste in mods don't always match the mainstream.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Thanks for your answers,

to 1) i checked many times and was not able to find the options for the mobile Data. I set it for the wifi, but it doesn't seem to effect the WIFI to stay on.

"Keep WI-FI on during sleep?" - i checked "always". (theres an option called
      "never (increases data usage)" which doesn't make any sense to me, why more data usage, when its turned off?)

for 2) I won't flash back because it's just annoying but i can live with it, maybe you could just make this possible in your next version or so.

Comment

Al33,
        It means mobile data usage/traffic increase. If you select 'always on' for WiFi it must stay on in sleep mode and it does AFAK.

I've switched directly from ROM based on October stock firmware to KitKat beta so unfortunately do not know what's behaviour of moble data in 2.4.

Comment

I took a closer look on the issue and you are actually right, WIFI stays online, mobile Data doesn't.
          And it takes about 30s to connect, everytime i wake up my tablet, thats just annoying. I hope you could might do something about that.

Comment

M7 Pro 3G stability

Hello,
            I have a 3G m7 Pro for a week and I meet a lot of problems:
            - Freeze (need to reset)
            - Slowdown (the tablet does not respond for a few seconds, sometimes with a popup that asks me if I want to wait or kill the application).

I installed this rom riley but still really slow.

Encounter you also complete crashes? The slowness in launching applications? (I regularly clean a memory)

I also read that version 2.1 was more stable it should I downgrade?

Comment

I noticed one freeze the other day, but never since.

Please keep in mind that these KitKat ROM's are trial versions, with plenty of issues. Some tablets have more problems than others...I guess I have a lucky one.

Remember to take all of the precautions before downgrading to Jellybean.

Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
              Donate here

Comment

Thank you for your quick answer.

I encountered freeze every two or three hours depending of usage.

I don't know if it's a hardware or software problem ... No error report by antutu stability test

Since i installed your rom, i've seen some application not working :
                - gps (gps is activated in parameters, but not working in app) like google maps, waze, or gps tester

- google hangout crash when receiving video call

Comment

GPS isn't activated in the KitKat Rom's yet.

I'm not sure about the video problem.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                    GPS isn't activated in the KitKat Rom's yet.

I'm not sure about the video problem.
                    Rive just made a new test with google hangout ans it works....

For GPS i know kitkat version is not working but i m using 2.4 rom

Comment

I have a new device pipo m7 max, how I went into the flash mod + install the drivers?

Comment

Sv: Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 2.4

Originally posted by amshpitz View Post
                        I have a new device pipo m7 max, how I went into the flash mod + install the drivers?
                        There's a first time user guide in the folder

Skickat från min M7pro via Tapatalk 2

Comment

is this rom support sending SMS ?
                          Last edited by amshpitz; 03-07-2014, 21:52.

Comment

latest firmware

The Rom 2.4 is said to base on 12/11/13 firmware released date. But the latest firmware date from Pipo official site for Pipo M7 pro was 9/7/13 for 3G Chinese versionand 9/11/13 for No 3G Chinese version. Where did you see the 12/11/13 version. I just don't want to flash the wrong one.

Comment

That firmware version came from the Pipo support team through a link I was provided from a user here on FT. I don't know why Pipo has not updated their site.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

USB debugging on or off

Usually, it is said to turn usb debugging on when flashing a rom. Your guide says to turn it off. Just want to make sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X