No announcement yet.

Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 2.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't that depend on the attached usb.cable?

Comment

general micro usb can't use with pipo m7
      because USB's lenght of pipo m7 is longer than general usb

hole of micro usb of pipo is deeper than general

Comment

That's kind of weird, isn't it? If you break your system how do you get to CWM to restore the backup? I can't believe that the only way is to flash another rom and boot to CWM from there.

Comment

Why can't you use the Reboot app? That's what it is there for. Can't you boot into the system?

Sent from my U8 using Tapatalk
          Randy
          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by ovecka View Post
            How to get to CWM from outside the system? Vol+ Power doesn't work, obviously

Tablet off. Hold ESC + POWER together for 8-10 seconds, Pipo logo start but you hold both button and 3 seconds later you enter in the CWM recovery. It works like this for my Pipo M7 with RileyROM 2.3

Comment

I noticed sth. really weird. My tab was asleep for about 3h. After it didn't wake up when i pressed power button. I could press it as long as i wanted. The only way to reactivate it was connecting it to usb..
              Did anyone experience something like this?
              Now, it works fine again

Comment

Originally posted by herrjemineh View Post
                I noticed sth. really weird. My tab was asleep for about 3h. After it didn't wake up when i pressed power button. I could press it as long as i wanted. The only way to reactivate it was connecting it to usb..
                Did anyone experience something like this?
                Now, it works fine again
                Strange.. If it keeps occuring then the best idea is to make a fresh rom install i would say! By the way I have installed Nova Launcher on my tablet and disabled the stock launcher of rileyrom 2.4 with Titanium Backup. Nova Launcher is great, customisable and very fast-smooth.

My google search is not working, i get the 'unexpectedly closed' error whenever i try to speak to google search! Anyone has this issue? Master Riley I cannot seem to uninstall and reinstall google search to see if the problem is fixed. There is no option to uninstall unlike my Samsung Galaxy S3 where you can uninstall and reinstall. Perhaps I will try and uninstall with Titanium Backup.

Comment

The Rom is fresh... just got back to 2.4 yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by herrjemineh View Post
                    The Rom is fresh... just got back to 2.4 yesterday
                    Maybe it was a one-off issue.. if it happens again and again is best to proceed to another fresh install unless an expert has different advice.

How is GPS performance for you guys? I have used GPS Test app and GPS Tools app, cleared the GPS state and let them locate and lock to satellites in open space for about 15 minutes. It detects and locks to numerous satellites and does not loose signal. I've heard a lot of people have problems with their GPS but I think they are just doing something wrong. After the initial detection and locking by these apps I get a stable GPS fix after about a minute.

Comment

Hello guys, my tablet arrived three days ago, i'm very excited with it
                      It's the 3g version. I read all about Riley ROMs and decided to try it out. Installed v2.4, but the problem was it changed my IMEI to 12345678. I thought that wasn't normal, so I flashed 2.2, which works(IMEI was recovered, 3G working), but I get random reboots, which is very annoying.
                      Can you guide me as to how to backup and restore the efs folder so that I could flash 2.4(to hopefully get rid of these random reboots) and restore the IMEI to v2.4?
                      Is it possible to flash 2.4 without starting over? I really don't want to reinstall all the apps and download all the files.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                        Why can't you use the Reboot app? That's what it is there for. Can't you boot into the system?

Sent from my U8 using Tapatalk
                        Because you can't use it if you can't boot the system. And that's where you need your backup.

Originally posted by manao View Post
                        Tablet off. Hold ESC + POWER together for 8-10 seconds, Pipo logo start but you hold both button and 3 seconds later you enter in the CWM recovery. It works like this for my Pipo M7 with RileyROM 2.3
                        Bingo! Thank you.

Comment

OK, sorry...I wasn't clear on the status of your tablet...
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                          Donate here

Comment

Any news/rumors about KitKat for M7? Either from Pipo or portedbut properly with KitKat kernel compiled for M7?

Comment

No news yet...but I haven't had time today to look.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                                No news yet...but I haven't had time today to look.
                                It's hard to understand Google translation from Chinese but what I undertood, beta versions are still under tests. However, can't find any link to download.

Comment

Working...
                                X