No announcement yet.

Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 2.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have wrote to Pipo on their Facebook page and they have said that their technicians are currently testing Android 4.4 Kit Kat for the Pipo M7 It should be out anytime soon

Comment

Before Christmas they have already said that kitkat would be ready before the end of the year.
      We can still hope that the beta firmware for M7Pro will be released soon

Comment

CoOl FiRmWaRe..!!

Now i wait for KiTkAt 4.4

Thank you for cool RoM.

__/\__

Last edited by mrtaotao; 01-07-2014, 10:17.

Comment

So far I have KitKat ROMs for all of the current Pipo tablets except the M7 Pro. I'm hoping this one is next.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
          Randy
          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Me too, bro

Comment

Me too - I hope that Pipo is releasing 4.4 within the next few days. I cannot be very difficult or ??

Comment

all current ?

do you mean RR, M6, M9 and U8 ?

Comment

The current KitKat firmware released by Pipo is BETA only. While the other tablets do work with the KitKat versions, MANY features are omitted...like GPS and 3G. Location services isn't working. Bluetooth isn't working on some tablets.

These KitKat ROMs only offer the very basics in functionality...which is to say that the tablet boots and runs apps and connects to wifi. If that's all you need...then KitKat is a valid option.

I would say that this v2.4 ROM is as close to perfect as we can expect......so be careful what you ask for. Being so anxious to switch to KitKat means opening the whole can of worms again with bugs and modifications to do.

For one thing, we don't have a working CWM for KitKat, yet...so if you rely heavily on CWM Recovery...KitKat is a NO GO.

While I'm enjoying the new look and feel of KitKat on my other tablets, I'm not totally impressed with it just yet. Since making these tablets better is my hobby, I'm game for adding more improvements...but I'm having to relearn much of what I've previously been doing to accommodate the changes in KitKat. The good thing is that all of us Freaktab developers are learning at the same time, so we have a fantastic pool of resources to draw from.

All of that being said...as soon as Pipo puts out a KitKat for the M7 Pro, I will definitely make a ROM and provide it to you. But you have to understand that you risk loosing a feature you rely on for a while...or worst case, bricking your tablet (like I did) on a failed flashing attempt. Don't worry, I'm familiar with the unbricking procedure because I've had to do it multiple times recently. In fact, I'm thinking about starting a new thread with the unbricking procedure in the Pipo section...because I know it's gonna happen to someone.

You can prevent such disaster by making SURE you have done ALL of your homework BEFORE you attempt to flash a KitKat ROM. Likewise, know what to do BEFORE you attempt to switch back to Jellybean, if you don't like KitKat. The RK3188Loader(L)_V1.24.bin we use of the Jellybean ROM has to be replaced with the one that comes with the KitKat ROM...so you have to check the loader when flashing. If you switch back to Jellybean, you have to reflash the RK3188Loader(L)_V1.24.bin by checking the loader line in the flash tool or your tablet will be bricked. I'm just sharing this, because many people have missed this VERY IMPORTANT step with the other Pipo tablets.

Like I've said before...I'm allowed one good rant a day...so that's it for today...hahahaha!!!!!
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                  Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by raxy View Post
                    do you mean RR, M6, M9 and U8 ?
                    By current, I mean the ones that are still in production...still being made. Those are the ones that Pipo develops further.

If you notice the Pipo site, none of the 3066 tablets have had a firmware update since April or May 2013...and some even before that. The M8 Pro, M9 Max and M6 Max are not REALLY being supported as well as the M9 Pro (which is Pipo's bread and butter, right now), the M6 Pro and the U8...which are still in production.

I've seen some new models the "T" versions of some "M" series models...but they are so new, they haven't even posted firmware updates yet...or even posted the specs for them.

I expect a KitKat for the M7 Pro very soon, along with one for the M8HD. That would complete the list of tablets I think Pipo will upgrade to KitKat. Of coarse, I have no inside information on that...it's just my opinion...I've been wrong in the past with trying to anticipate what Pipo's plans are.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

GPL

I think the best thing Pipo could do is to release its 4.2.2 rom (and kernel) sources,
                      to simply comply with GPL licence.

They appear to be not that good at crafting serious software compared to cyanogenmod for example, and other kernel and ROM cooker seen on XDA that customize the OS from its source code.

Comment

How to get to CWM from outside the system? Vol+ Power doesn't work, obviously

Comment

I haven't heard of a way to enter recovery mode using external keys. Only flash mode.

You need to use the reboot app to reboot to recovery.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

How about the same way as entering flash mode without usb cable attached? I.e. pressing power and esc simultaneously. It is always working for me

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                              So far I have KitKat ROMs for all of the current Pipo tablets except the M7 Pro. I'm hoping this one is next.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sv: Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 2.4

Originally posted by herrjemineh View Post
                                How about the same way as entering flash mode without usb cable attached? I.e. pressing power and esc simultaneously. It is always working for me
                                Isn't that the way to enter bootloader, not recovery?

Skickat från min M7pro via Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
                                X