X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the link to Pipo's official firmware:

百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Don't know guys, how succesful you are with downloads from pan.baidu.com. I had to register there and use their cloud service to make downloads smooth and fast enough.

Comment

Although their app is only in Chinese, It's worth it to use their app to download from them.

It took me a while to figure out the controls, but it works pretty fast with most files.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          It took me a while to figure out the controls, but it works pretty fast with most files.
          Exactly! Especially as with many chinese websites too, it's impossible to copypaste text into translator as there are just pictures in place of text/symbols. However, even in Linux download to baidu cloud and then to local hard drive works much much better than direct download.

Comment

Here is the link to Pipo's official firmware:

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shar...&uk=1811948349

Thanks for the link, that downloaded fine.

So I should use that image as just the system.img to reflash to stock for now? Not sure about the misc and kernel images.

I might not change it for now but I'm curious if anyone has the stock recovery available. I probably should have extracted my previous image files (not sure how I'd do that) since it would make reverting much easier.

Comment

Delphis, that is complete stock ROM with everything included. Just flash it using Rockchip Batch Tool v1.7 using Upgrade option and you'll have everything as it came from factory.

Comment

Interestingly enough (at least for me) I managed to mess up the problem tablet I had by trying the downloaded stock image as a 'system.img'. I was wondering how to recover from this error since the tablet was no longer able to be seen by the flash utility. .. doh. Luckily, I do have another tablet also running RileyRom 2.3 and it has had no problems. I made a nandroid backup of it, transferred the files to the external SD on the problem tablet and restored from there. Now, once restored and a data wipe done, I am not noticing the same problems I saw before, even when the problem tablet had had a data wipe. So, I'm wondering if my issues were simply a 'bad flashing' on the previous try of installing RileyRom.

It remains to be seen if reinstalling the piles of kid apps that my 4yr old daughter likes to have will cause it to go weird again but at least there's hope it was simply a software glitch in the end. Thanks again for the stock link and the hint on how to use it, I will keep that around in case I need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Delphis View Post
                  Hi,

I am having problems with one of my PIPO M7 Pro tablets that I flashed with RileyRom. Does anyone have a stock M7Pro ROM complete with stock recovery they can link to so I can download it and re-flash it to stock in order to do a warranty return?

Even if I don't return it, I'd still like a stock ROM to determine whether it's a hardware or software issue. I'm having problems with the touchscreen sometimes not responding. Sometimes it sorts itself out by turning the screen off and then back on again. Sometimes it takes rebooting the whole thing. I still noticed this behavior initially after wiping the data from within CWM recovery. Now, it seems to be okay but I'm not installing any software on it yet. Anyone else have similar issues to this?

Any help is much appreciated.

I Think its an issue with the firmware of m7 pro since mine is still experiencing unexpected reboots with some games or when playing. What do you think Randy, the rom is fine its just when playing those issues happens. I am currently using rileyrom 2.0. i already use 2.1 2.2 2.3 and 2.4, for me i think 2.0 is more stable but still had reboots. Stock ROM also have this issues. Please tell me guys if its a firmware issue. Thanks!!
                  Last edited by mgdj06; 01-20-2014, 17:47.

Comment

You're right...I think it's a firmware issue. There must be something with rendering or memory that causes a fault.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

I have the same problem with the spontanious reboots while playing a game or watching a movie.
                      Stock rom build 20131205

Very annoying!

Comment

You're right...I think it's a firmware issue. There must be something with rendering or memory that causes a fault.

One more thing randy, as i have noticed that the used memory after first boot is almost already 1 gb with rileyrom 2.0, while in stock rom is 500mb ram. Hope that when they release a new firmware this issue should be gone. If I were to choose, its okay with me if gps is not working as long as reboots is gone..lol

Comment

I've never seen less than 800MB memory used with any of stock or custom ROMs. And never experienced spontaneuos reboots except stock August ROM...
                          Just for test ran RR3 until battery completely drained. Without any problem. However, it's well known that some games are made by not very experienced people and drain system resources dramatically. This is well known from PC too.

Comment

I expand the system space to make room for customizations.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by fazerg View Post
                              I've never seen less than 800MB memory used with any of stock or custom ROMs. And never experienced spontaneuos reboots except stock August ROM...
                              Just for test ran RR3 until battery completely drained. Without any problem. However, it's well known that some games are made by not very experienced people and drain system resources dramatically. This is well known from PC too.
                              When I used the stock firmware 20131205 on first boot its 14xxmb ram free. Maybe I overlook it. Anyway, Its really annoying when the games all I want to play is experiencing reboots like gta san andreas, nova 3. At first i thought because those games use too much memory but some casual games like beat the boss, angry birds, etc were also has unexpected reboots. Just hoping that PIPO can resolve this issue.

Comment

Kitkat Beta for M7Pro

finally a download link of Kitkat for M7Pro: http://goo.gl/QsdFLt
                                Last edited by cshock2010; 01-23-2014, 13:45.
                                Proud M7Pro owner and Freaktab fan

Comment

Working...
                                X