iFive Mini 3GS RileyROM 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with v1.6

Today the tablet became very unresponsive. I tried to restart and gоt the lying robot with red mark. After several attempts I succeed to start it but the tablet is very lagy. I installed this ROM on top of the pogodanser's without formatting. Could this be the problem and how to make a clean flash?

Comment

It's better to do a wipe cache/factory reset after installing a new ROM, then restore missing apps with date, with Titanium.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Issue with Xposed Framework

Hi Riley, I've installed your rom and it's been working lovely thus far.
        Greatly appreciate your hard work!

One issue I've had up to now though (previously already mentioned in this thread but didn't really receive an answer) is that Xposed framework seems to have issues with this tablet. Installing the framework will cause the status bar and navigation bar to disappear from boot and even then, any installed modules won't actually work.

Is there any particular reason for this to be happening? Or do you perhaps have some speculations regarding this?

Comment

I'm afraid I don't have an answer for that. I really haven't found a particular need for Xposed Framework with this tablet, so I haven't experienced it.

As I get time, I will play with it and see what I find.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
            I'm afraid I don't have an answer for that. I really haven't found a particular need for Xposed Framework with this tablet, so I haven't experienced it.

As I get time, I will play with it and see what I find.
            I see, thanks for the quick reply!

Comment

Random reboots

Hi again Riley

I've been having some issues with random reboots. It happens at least 3 or 4 times a day and has gotten very annoying. Have you experienced similar issues and do you have any advice for resolving this?

Regards

Comment

I haven't experienced any random boots on mine.

If you have a Titanium backup, you can do a wipe/factory reset from recovery and then only add back the essential missing apps from Titanium and see if that helps. Otherwise, I recommend flashing the ROM again and just add missing apps with data from Titanium.

Be sure to backup your NVRAM/IMEI info so you can replace it after the wipe. The steps are all documented well in the threads.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

What happens with version 1.6?

Comment

Originally posted by AndySun View Post
                    Hi again Riley

I've been having some issues with random reboots. It happens at least 3 or 4 times a day and has gotten very annoying. Have you experienced similar issues and do you have any advice for resolving this?

Regards
                    Hi, I've been having the same issue since I updated to 2.0.2... I realize about the random reboots because many times when I press the recent app button, it's empty!!

I may have to downgrade or maybe wait for lollipop update??

Comment

WIFI drops every 15-20 min

Hi rrileypm, I have installed the custom ROM. But WIFI started to drop every 15-20 min. I can see the WIFI connection showing good, but none of the internet apps works. PING will go "Destination Host Unreachable".Only way to fix it is to turn OFF and then turn ON the WIFI. Please help........
                      Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                      This ROM is based on official iFive firmware dated 8/28/14 with the number 2.0.1.

I'm not really sure what has changed in this version, but my testing does seem to reveal a faster tablet.

This ROM contains the official iFive version of the SP Flash Tool configured for this device. I've tested it and by default it will format your tablet as it installs. So be sure to make backups of your apps, data, and IMEI number before flashing.

RileyROM features:

Rooted
                      Init.d/Busybox added
                      Autoinstall from External SD "autoinstall" folder on first boot.
                      Google Play Store fixes added to all greater compatibility with apps.
                      English as default language
                      Debloated of all Chinese apps

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: This is now v1.5.1 with the generic SP Flash Tool, instead of the one downloaded from the iFive web site. People have had better luck at flashing with the original flash tool.

EDIT AGAIN: This is now v1.5.2 with Koush Superuser, instead of SuperSU which fixes the ability to run Titanium Backups. I've fought sd card permissions for weeks and ran across a post on another site that noted that MTK devices can't run Titanium with SuperSU. I've tested this extensively, and no more "insufficient space" errors when creating a backup. I mainly did this for me...but I'm sharing my new version with everyone. You only need to flash the system.img and boot.img in download only mode, if you like.

Download

Please remember to donate if you can.

Comment

You might check to see if wifi works better with v1.4. Otherwise you may have a hardware problem.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Official FNF Ifive Mini 3GS 4.4.2 v2.0.3

Firmware official FNF Ifive Mini 3GS v2.0.3

百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

PW: 6uxu

Official information in: http://www.5fans.com.cn/thread-167289-1-1.html

Comment

AW: iFive Mini 3GS RileyROM 1.5

Thanks mml78.

Sent from my UMI Cross C1 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

Now that Thanksgiving dinner is over...I will try to churn out some ROMs. Stay tuned.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

v1.6 is now available.

Be careful...I haven't had a chance to do much testing yet...I just want to get this out because I may not have a chance to tomorrow.

Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X