No announcement yet.

iFive Mini 3GS RileyROM 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe you can install the update via recovery...and make a ROM dump to share.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      Maybe you can install the update via recovery...and make a ROM dump to share.
      so sorry, i don't know how to do update via recovery..
      here is the link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...0&d=1414620111

can't upload here because max upload size limit

Comment

No problem....I'll do it on mine.

Sent from my P9
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Have you seen a change log on this update?

Sent from my P9
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Donate here

Comment

Have you seen a change log on this update?

Sent from my P9
            not yet.. a few changes in speed between windows, and a little more transparency here and that (especialy notice if stiil use original launcher. Other that, i think is a minor upgrade.

Comment

I've opened the update.zip. There seem to be only minor changes...mostly UI enhancements. You can't apply the update to the RileyROM because there are errors when trying to access files that I've removed.

I'm afraid I've been unsuccessful in dumping this update.

I've flashed back to the original 2.0.1 firmware and applied the update.zip. The new ROM booted just fine and I was able to see the changes, but not very significant.

The problem is that in order to dump this ROM so I can customize it...I have to be rooted. All prior methods to root this tablet aren't working. So until I can find a way to root the tablet with the new firmware...I'm kind of stuck on making a new RileyROM.

If anyone can find a rooting solution, please let me know. I have to find a stopping place for the day...but I will try to pick this back up later.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

I've opened the update.zip. There seem to be only minor changes...mostly UI enhancements. You can't apply the update to the RileyROM because there are errors when trying to access files that I've removed.

I'm afraid I've been unsuccessful in dumping this update.

I've flashed back to the original 2.0.1 firmware and applied the update.zip. The new ROM booted just fine and I was able to see the changes, but not very significant.

The problem is that in order to dump this ROM so I can customize it...I have to be rooted. All prior methods to root this tablet aren't working. So until I can find a way to root the tablet with the new firmware...I'm kind of stuck on making a new RileyROM.

If anyone can find a rooting solution, please let me know. I have to find a stopping place for the day...but I will try to pick this back up later.
                My 3GS is now rooted with VRoot 1.9.7.2 (i have the latest firmware version 2.0.2), but only after a few attempts. If you want i can upload this VRoot version.

Comment

Actually, all I need is the boot.img file. I finally got all the rest. I was able to root by using the 1.5 boot.img and back all of the other files.

Thanks for the help.

I should have the new ROM ready either late tonight or early tomorrow.
                  Last edited by rrileypm; 10-31-2014, 02:52.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

Anybody wanna try 1.6?

Here is what I have so far with v1.6. It's the new system.img file from official firmware 2.0.2.

I'm using the boot.img file from 1.5. As soon as I get the new boot.img, I'll post an update, and start a new v1.6 thread.

Download
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

Here is what I have so far with v1.6. It's the new system.img file from official firmware 2.0.2.

I'm using the boot.img file from 1.5. As soon as I get the new boot.img, I'll post an update, and start a new v1.6 thread.

Download
                      Hi, I'm with your v1.6. The only issue I have so far is FC on Settings>About tablet.

Comment

That's the same problem I had with each of my 3GS ROM's. I don't know where that's coming from, but I hope to figure it out one of these days. It's the only tablet I've had that problem with.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Re: iFive Mini 3GS RileyROM 1.5

Originally posted by mml78 View Post
                          My 3GS is now rooted with VRoot 1.9.7.2 (i have the latest firmware version 2.0.2), but only after a few attempts. If you want i can upload this VRoot version.
                          Can you share that Vroot version?

It is Titanium working for you?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by asturnauta View Post
                            Can you share that Vroot version?

It is Titanium working for you?

Thanks.
                            Here it is:
                            MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Comment

Download
                              You have PM

Comment

Thanks, that will help!!!!!
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X