No announcement yet.

iFive Mini 3GS RileyROM 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any instability issues with your ROM Riley compared to stock ? And how about the launcher(interface) I like the ifive interface looks and boot screen and wanted to see if you retained them in your ROM as well ? Sorry for being impatient and asking these, still don't have my tablet but want to be prepared and know what to do once I have it

Comment

In my ROM I remove all Chinese apps and all iFive apps, including the launcher.

The ROM seems pretty stable.

Please be sure to root your tablet and do a full backup with MTKDroidTool before you flash this ROM. You will need an NVRAM backup to restore afterwards. The most important file you need is the userdata_nvram_only.tar
      Last edited by rrileypm; 09-14-2014, 23:40.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Is there a way to add the ifive launcher with your ROM?
        What are the ifive apps you have removed ( beside from the launcher)?

Thanks

Comment

It appears that I haven't really removed much of anything from this ROM...just the weather widget that is in Chinese.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
            It appears that I haven't really removed much of anything from this ROM...just the weather widget that is in Chinese.
            Bit confused now lol so beside from the weather widget and the launcher there are Chinese bloatware still in your ROM?

Comment

I generally remove all Chinese apps. I guess I didn't save them all with the last ROM. I've archived my working files, so I can't really remember. All I do know is that my tablet does not contain any Chinese bloatware. I don't remember an iFive launcher that I removed.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

So is the 1.5 that you uploaded bloatware free? In terms of useless apps or Chinese ones .

Comment

Yes. The only iFive app I'm leaving in right now is the Backup and Restore app that iFive puts in, since some people have trouble getting Titanium to work.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

Thanks for clarification, just wanted to be sure the bloatwares are gone in your ROM
                    Last edited by benzz; 09-15-2014, 02:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Ced91 View Post
                      Ok I will be back in 1 hour.
                      Thanks Riley.
                      Thanks Riley to answer in a private message.
                      Despite the fact you didn't success to write a different IMEI number in the NVRAM, is it possible to send me in a private message an nvram backup to test if the restore is running or not?
                      I promise to not use it and write the firmware again after the test.
                      I have read that it's possible to generate a new IMEI number by replacing this file:
                      /data/nvram/md/NVRAM/NVD_IMEI/MP0B_001
                      Did you try to do this? I didn't find a IMEI generator to generate this file at this time.

Regards,

Ced.

Comment

Yes, I've been trying different ways of adding the IMEI number outside of the NVRAM file...but each time it fails to show a valid number. I will be happy to send you the file as soon as I find a reliable way of editing it.

Let me test some more this afternoon.

Sent from my P1 using Tapatalk
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Yes, I've been trying different ways of adding the IMEI number outside of the NVRAM file...but each time it fails to show a valid number. I will be happy to send you the file as soon as I find a reliable way of editing it.

Let me test some more this afternoon.

Sent from my P1 using Tapatalk
                          Thanks I'm waiting your salvation...

Ced

Comment

It seems that none of the tools available are working on this tablet.

I've tried entering the code in the phone dialer, but nothing happens.

I tried getting into Engineer Mode, but the menu option isn't there to edit. I have an MTK phone that the menu option is present. I think you need a SIM card inserted in order to activate it to change the IMEI number manually. The SIM card I have doesn't fit the tablet, so I can't try it.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

It seems that none of the tools available are working on this tablet.

I've tried entering the code in the phone dialer, but nothing happens.

I tried getting into Engineer Mode, but the menu option isn't there to edit. I have an MTK phone that the menu option is present. I think you need a SIM card inserted in order to activate it to change the IMEI number manually. The SIM card I have doesn't fit the tablet, so I can't try it.
                              Unfortunately I have a SIM card inserted since the start...
                              I have the same menu as you in Engineer mode.
                              I tried too entering in the phone dialer unsuccessfull since the code is going out before the end.
                              I never remove the SIM since I upload custom firmware.
                              The pin code is entered and the network is here. Only phone call didn't success.
                              During a phone call the message "Call in progress" is showing and 20 seconds later the message "End of call" is showing.
                              3G is working...
                              Regards,
                              Ced.
                              Last edited by Ced91; 09-16-2014, 00:56.

Comment

IMEI SOLVED

Hi everybody,

I solve the problem with this thread in XDA:
                                Hi friends and spice mi 500 owners! As local devices like mi 500 don't have a separate section for them on xda, here's a specific thread for our mi 500 where you can share everything related to the phone: ROMs, recoveries, themes, games you can...

It's working like a charm now!

Regards,

Comment

Working...
                                X