iFive Mini 3GS RileyROM 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      Thanks to you and trying every time to help us.
      Thanks for your ROM.

Regards,

Ced.

Comment

hello,

i have a problem, i had 1.3 riley installed and then downloaded 1.5.1 and got message "usrdata: pmt changed for the rom; it must be downloaded", i have windows 7 32bit, installed 2 months ago 1.3 no problem.
        Now tablet wont start blackscreen only, if i connect then i hear sound, but screens stays black.

Comment

Read the instructions for 1.4

Inviato dal mio ZOPO 980 QUADCORE con la favolosa KitKat 4.4.2 by paolothlw8 ANDROIDIANI.COM

Comment

Boot to CWM and do a wipe/factory reset. That should fix your problem.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

How? i press volume - and power nothing happens, same thing volume + and power, only black screen, led dont work either.

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
              Boot to CWM and do a wipe/factory reset. That should fix your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by chris1 View Post
                How? i press volume - and power nothing happens, same thing volume + and power, only black screen, led dont work either.
                Be sure that the tablet is charged.

Keep pressing and holding down both “Power” and “Volume Up” buttons at the same to get in to recovery mode, once the dead android logo appears you must immediately release both buttons

Get into recovery menu by press “Power” button once, then use “Volume Down” to move selection, use “Volumn Up” to select

Comment

hello,

i have a problem, i had 1.3 riley installed and then downloaded 1.5.1 and got message "usrdata: pmt changed for the rom; it must be downloaded", i have windows 7 32bit, installed 2 months ago 1.3 no problem.
                  Now tablet wont start blackscreen only, if i connect then i hear sound, but screens stays black.
                  I had the same problem, it's now solved :-)

After this error, the tablet was stuck in flashmode, and detected (the sound you hear) as unknown device by windows, so a flash couldn't start. I had a july version of RileyROM and did not ota or updated since then.

I left the tablet alone until it discharges completely.
                  Then i finaly was able to flash stock 2.0.1 firmware using "firmware upgrade" instead of "download" in sp flashtool, so it flashed the new partition table and did not display this error message.
                  Then i charged the tablet to 15% and could flash RileyROM 1.5.

Maybe charging a little and flashing back to stock ROM first is not necessary at all, but that's what i did.

Hope it helps you, if your tablet is not detected by sp flashtool, wait longer for the battery to discharge... and try again.

Edit : my battery was half charged, i had to let it drain for more than a day.
                  Last edited by pix64; 09-18-2014, 07:19.

Comment

Originally posted by vayavalla View Post
                    Be sure that the tablet is charged.
                    :-)

it does not seem to charge when stuck in flashmode, led is not turned on when plugged.

Comment

One user reported that when the battery finally ran all the way down, it eventually reset. I had to do it one time by removing the cover and disconnecting the battery...but I don't recommend that.

Sent from my P1 using Tapatalk
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Re: iFive Mini 3GS RileyROM 1.5

Originally posted by pix64 View Post
                        :-)

it does not seem to charge when stuck in flashmode, led is not turned on when plugged.
                        Leave it connected to the charger for some hours. I don't know in this case, but in most, after a while it will show some life

Enviado desde mi ifive_mini_3GS mediante Tapatalk

Comment

Re : iFive Mini 3GS RileyROM 1.5

Originally posted by vayavalla View Post
                          Leave it connected to the charger for some hours. I don't know in this case, but in most, after a while it will show some life

Enviado desde mi ifive_mini_3GS mediante Tapatalk
                          Read my previous post too...

To recover the tablet when stuck in flash mode it's needed to make the battery empty, not full.

EDIT :
                          - added a smiley
                          - what is needed is the tablet to shut down so it leaves flashmode ; trying to empty the battery seems to be the only way that does not involve opening the tablet.
                          Last edited by pix64; 09-18-2014, 19:02.

Comment

ok, how to make it empty?
                            48 hours and mine still dont work cause battery not empty?

Comment

ok, how to make it empty?
                              48 hours and mine still dont work cause battery not empty?
                              I think so, our problems seem to be the same. I had to let my battery drain for 30h, and it was less than half charged.

Start normal flashtool, the one that has the download only/upgrade/format all and download/... choice.
                              Select "Firmware upgrade", choose the scatter file of the rom, click "Download" button to start the process.

Then plug your usb "seems to be off but maybe not yet" tablet.
                              If flashing starts, start smiling slightly and wait until it ends.
                              If flashing does not start, wait longer and start over.

Comment

and i can use riley 1.5.1, no need to flash stock first?

Originally posted by pix64 View Post
                                I think so, our problems seem to be the same. I had to let my battery drain for 30h, and it was less than half charged.

Start normal flashtool, the one that has the download only/upgrade/format all and download/... choice.
                                Select "Firmware upgrade", choose the scatter file of the rom, click "Download" button to start the process.

Then plug your usb "seems to be off but maybe not yet" tablet.
                                If flashing starts, start smiling slightly and wait until it ends.
                                If flashing does not start, wait longer and start over.

Comment

Working...
                                X