No announcement yet.

iFive Mini 3GS RileyROM 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This tablet is pretty solid. I have totally abused it trying to learn more about the MTK architecture. And it still works despite my efforts.

Current issues are inconsistency in flashing. Some people can flash ROMs easily...some people are having problems with errors.

Performance wise, the tablet runs apps and games very well. The biggest problem is inconsistency in being able to write to internal/external SD. Titanium will work one moment, and the next time refuse to work.

Those are the only issues I'm aware of.

Sent from my P1
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

So to make sure I do it right , If I want to increase the internal storage for apps, do I need to do it prior to installing your ROM?
      I downloaded your ROM , although I couldn't find any instruction on how to flash and install it, would appreciate if you could give me the instructions. Don't have any experience with your previous ROMs

Read some where the GPS locking takes long time for some people, have you experienced it with your ROM too? thanks

Comment

I'm working on a revised set of instructions. Stay tuned.

GPS setup goes a lot faster if you set your tablet to the correct time zone and correct time/date. Turn on location services.

Run the GPS test app and go outside. It took mine about 15 minutes to lock in the satellites.

Sent from my P1
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Looking forward to the instructions probably that would help many with the flashing process too.
          does your ROM support "Farsi" "Persian" as an input language (not the system language)?

Comment

You got me on that one...I don't know for sure.

Sent from my P1
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

the one inside the red rectangle in the photo I heard from someone there is a way to unlock all supported languages in a ROM but cant remember how

Comment

Problem with 1.5

Hi,

I'm looking to write the good IMEI number since I have read later that it must be save before flash...
                I try to use MTK Droid Tool but no success.
                I try with the tablet in recovery mode (cwm) but in this mode nothing can be modify.
                I try with the tablet shutdown but in this mode MTK Droid tool don't detect it even the cable unplug/plug.

Some suggestion or perhaps I lost my tablet?
                I have in WIFI SSID list an NVRAM WARNING: Err = 0x10 message...

Regards,
                Last edited by Ced91; 09-13-2014, 13:04.

Comment

Hmm I'm trying to go from stock 1.10 (rooted though) to rileyrom 1.5.
                  I kept getting errors about:

"usrdata: pmt changed for the rom; it must be downloaded"

So I went on and downloaded Rileyrom 1.4 which has the SP flash tool.
                  I however get another error (when trying to flash 1.5 or 1.4 doesn't matter):

"BROM ERROR: S_FTHND_FILE_IS_NOT_LOADED_YET (5007)

There is file not loaded yet!!
                  [HINT]:
                  1. Please check if the DA path is correct.
                  2. Please check if all the ROM files exist.
                  3. Please check if the scatter file description is sync with the exist ROM files"

So If I empty the fiels select the scatter file (1.5) and find the DA file I get the following error:
                  "BROM ERROR: S_INVALID_ARGUMENTS (1002)
                  [HINT]:"

I started the SP flash tool with admin rights; am using Windows 7 64bit.

The tablet doesn't start anymore; however my computer does see the tablet when connected. So should be easy to get it going again. Does anyone has any tips?
                  Let me know if I need to give more info .
                  Last edited by Warrior4Jah; 09-13-2014, 12:09. Reason: Removed comment download mode; it sees the tablet.

Comment

Originally posted by Warrior4Jah View Post
                    Hmm I'm trying to go from stock 1.10 (rooted though) to rileyrom 1.5.
                    I kept getting errors about:

"usrdata: pmt changed for the rom; it must be downloaded"

So I went on and downloaded Rileyrom 1.4 which has the SP flash tool.
                    I however get another error (when trying to flash 1.5 or 1.4 doesn't matter):

"BROM ERROR: S_FTHND_FILE_IS_NOT_LOADED_YET (5007)

There is file not loaded yet!!
                    [HINT]:
                    1. Please check if the DA path is correct.
                    2. Please check if all the ROM files exist.
                    3. Please check if the scatter file description is sync with the exist ROM files"

So If I empty the fiels select the scatter file (1.5) and find the DA file I get the following error:
                    "BROM ERROR: S_INVALID_ARGUMENTS (1002)
                    [HINT]:"

I started the SP flash tool with admin rights; am using Windows 7 64bit.

The tablet doesn't start anymore; however my computer does see the tablet when connected. So should be easy to get it going again. Does anyone has any tips?
                    Let me know if I need to give more info .
                    You have the same problem as me.
                    Try to flash the 1.4:
                    - unplug the tablet,
                    - launch flashtool with 1.4,
                    - Click Download,
                    - plug the tablet,
                    - Flashing will start.

After do a wipe data/factory reset.

It's worked like this for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ced91 View Post
                      You have the same problem as me.
                      Try to flash the 1.4:
                      - unplug the tablet,
                      - launch flashtool with 1.4,
                      - Click Download,
                      - plug the tablet,
                      - Flashing will start.

After do a wipe data/factory reset.

It's worked like this for me.
                      That seemed to do the trick, thanks! Seems I have to upgrade to 1.4 first from SP flash tool and not go to 1.5 at once. Did you succesfully upgrade to 1.5 after that using the flash tool from the 1.5 package?

[edit]Using the flashtool with Rileyrom 1.5 does work now coming from Rileyrom 1.4.
                      Flashing to 1.5 as we speak... seems that it does give issues otherwise.
                      Something to do with unified storage and repartitioning?
                      Last edited by Warrior4Jah; 09-13-2014, 12:37. Reason: Flashing to Rileyrom 1.5

Comment

No I don't have success to download or upgrade firmware to 1.5.
                        Regards,

Originally posted by Warrior4Jah View Post
                        That seemed to do the trick, thanks! Seems I have to upgrade to 1.4 first from SP flash tool and not go to 1.5 at once. Did you succesfully upgrade to 1.5 after that using the flash tool from the 1.5 package?

Comment

What steps do you guys to use to flash with the existing tool? I dont have my tablet yet but I have a feeling there must be a trick in the new tool which is iFive itself than the previous ones.

Hopefully after having a solid instruction ( probably both from stock ROM to 1.5 and the upgrade from previous versions ) it will make it easier for all to flash easier.

Comment

Originally posted by benzz View Post
                            What steps do you guys to use to flash with the existing tool? I dont have my tablet yet but I have a feeling there must be a trick in the new tool which is iFive itself than the previous ones.

Hopefully after having a solid instruction ( probably both from stock ROM to 1.5 and the upgrade from previous versions ) it will make it easier for all to flash easier.
                            Well prior to my issue (BROM errors and such) I was having some trouble getting the usb drivers too work.

It might not be the same for others; but I could not go from stock 1.10 to Rileyrom 1.5. Neither with the Flashtool in the 1.5 package as with the SP flash tool from 1.4. Ced91 suggestion to use the SP flash tool to go to Rileyrom 1.4 did work. Ced91 was unable to go to Rileyrom 1.5 afer that, but I just managed to upgrade to 1.5 (with the flash tool provided with Rileyrom 1.5).

My suggestion would be to either wait for the revised instruction Riley is making; or just follow the first time flash instructions included with Rileyrom 1.4 and flash that version first. It also deals with usb drivers; which is mandatory for any flash tool to see the tablet connected to your computer. My 2 cents
                            Last edited by Warrior4Jah; 09-13-2014, 12:52. Reason: Added line about usb drivers.

Comment

Good advice I am still waiting to get my device, so in the meantime a revised instruction might be ready.

Just a question about changing the Internal storage size : Should I use the tool with EBR files before flashing the new ROM or after?

And If you guys have the 1.5 already, could you look at the photo I posted about the input language ( not the system ) and let me know if you can see that particular language there? Or do you know if it can be added ?

Comment

Here is a suggestion to troubleshoot the problem.

Download both v1.4 and 1.5.

Unzip them both.

Delete the RileyROM folder from the 1.4 ROM.

Move the RileyROM folder from v1.5 into the 1.4 ROM kit.

Turn the tablet off and unplug the USB.

Open the SP Flash Tool from v1.4 and load the 1.5 scatter file.

Click the download button.

Plug in the tablet to USB.

Watch the download.

See if you get any errors.
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X