iFive Mini 3GS RileyROM 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asturnauta View Post
    Where can i download that root 1.1.2 zip file?

I have one but when i try to install on stock rom 2.0.1 on recovery appears "Installation aborted".

Thanks.
    Here, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=208

Comment

But you have rooted with standard recovery or before you installed the CWMR recovery from that file?

Because for me the zip for root on standard recovery gets "Installation aborted".

Comment

Originally posted by asturnauta View Post
        But you have rooted with standard recovery or before you installed the CWMR recovery from that file?

Because for me the zip for root on standard recovery gets "Installation aborted".
        Did you open the root.zip? There is a txtfile that tells you what to do!

Code:
        1. Write down your IMEI or do a IMEI-backup with MTKdroidTools
        2. When you first flash the firmware 1.1.2 to your ifive mini 3GS exchange the boot.img and the recovery.img with the ones from this package.
        2. When you upgraded your ifive mini 3GS already to the firmware 1.1.2 flash the boot.img and the recovery.img with the flash-tool: LOAD SCATTER AND ONLY TICK BOOT AND RECOVERY !!!
        3. Copy root_1.1.2.zip on to your external sd-card
        4. After flashing your tablet will be off. Hold volume+ and power and release power when you see the bootscreen.
        5. Now you are in Clockwork-recovery-mode. Install the root_1.1.2.zip in recovery.
        6. Reboot system now.
        7. Start Superuser and do what asked for.
        8. Enjoy your rooted ifive mini 3GS with firmware 1.1.2.

Comment

Originally posted by DiMacho View Post
          Did you open the root.zip? There is a txtfile that tells you what to do!

Code:
          1. Write down your IMEI or do a IMEI-backup with MTKdroidTools
          2. When you first flash the firmware 1.1.2 to your ifive mini 3GS exchange the boot.img and the recovery.img with the ones from this package.
          2. When you upgraded your ifive mini 3GS already to the firmware 1.1.2 flash the boot.img and the recovery.img with the flash-tool: LOAD SCATTER AND ONLY TICK BOOT AND RECOVERY !!!
          3. Copy root_1.1.2.zip on to your external sd-card
          4. After flashing your tablet will be off. Hold volume+ and power and release power when you see the bootscreen.
          5. Now you are in Clockwork-recovery-mode. Install the root_1.1.2.zip in recovery.
          6. Reboot system now.
          7. Start Superuser and do what asked for.
          8. Enjoy your rooted ifive mini 3GS with firmware 1.1.2.

I know this root method, but how you said "standard" i thinked that you had rooted with standard rom and standard recovery (and not with this cwm recovery).

Sorry for this confussion.

Thanks.

Comment

Ok, sorry for the confusion. I thought you were asking about flashing the ROM, not the Root.zip.

You have to be running firmware v1.1.2 in order for this rooting file to work. I never could get it to run from stock recovery from firmware 1.1.0.

However, I have heard that people who flashed the stock 2.0.1 firmware have been able to root with this method using "stock" recovery (a more correct term).
            Randy
            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

iFive Mini 3GS RileyROM 1.5 Root.

Hi rrileypm, and the others!

A little stupide question.
              I have a iFive mini 3GS with all latests iFive updates.
              If I use your rom 1.5 and the iFive Flash Tool I will obtain the iFive rooted or not?
              I don't want to replace recovery with cwm or other.
              I only want to remove all unnecessary chineese soft etc.
              I want to try your rom but now I hesitate.
              Thanks

Comment

My ROM is rooted. If all you want is a rooted stock tablet, there is discussion in this thread on how to just do that.

If you would like to try the features listed in post #1...you can flash this ROM. With root, you can debloat undesired apps yourself. Its your choice.

Sent from my P1
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                Donate here

Comment

Thanks rrileypm, you really quick to answer each time.
                  It's a pleasure,

Cedric.

Comment

Problem with 1.5

Hi,

Error message when flashing with 1.5 after erase 100% message.

I downloaded and installed the 1.4 and it's ok.

I think there is a bug or copy problem in rom file on the 1.5 firmware.

I don't find a file named checksum.ini and I have tried with the 1.4 flash tools...

Regards,

(Windows 8.1 64bits)
                    Last edited by Ced91; 09-10-2014, 21:04.

Comment

Problem with 1.5

Originally posted by Ced91 View Post
                      Hi,

I downloaded and installed the 1.4 and it's ok.

I think there is a bug or copy problem in rom file on the 1.5 firmware.

I don't find a file named checksum.ini and I have tried with the 1.4 flash tools...

Regards,

(Windows 8.1 64bits)
                      Hi rrileypm, did you find time to read me?
                      Regards,

Comment

If you have the 1.4 ROM, did you copy the checksum.ini file over to the 1.5 ROM? See if that works for you. The file is exactly the same.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Problem with 1.5

Hi,

I didn't find this file nor in the 1.4 nor in the 1.5.
                          Where can I find it?

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Ced91 View Post
                            Did you try to "firmware uprade" instead of "download only" ? It worked for me, new partition table was flashed this way, instead of getting this error message.

Comment

I have tested "firmware upgrade" but an error after format 100%, blabla verify scatter file if rom exist...
                              Now reinstalling 1.4 ...
                              Thanks,

Regards,
                              Last edited by Ced91; 09-12-2014, 23:02.

Comment

Hi Riley,

Im getting this tablet and I came across your ROM and I will be keen to try it.

Do you have a list of things that might not be working properly or are known issues with your latest version of ROM? And also to be able to change the internal memory allocation ( increase it for app installs ) should I be doing it prior to your ROM?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X