iFive Mini 3GS RileyROM 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chris1 View Post
    and i can use riley 1.5.1, no need to flash stock first?
    Originally posted by pix64 View Post
    Maybe charging a little and flashing back to stock ROM first is not necessary at all, but that's what i did.

Comment

Re: iFive Mini 3GS RileyROM 1.5

I have a lot of times this error while trying to play videos from YouTube.

Any solution for this?

Sent from my ifive_mini_3GS using Tapatalk

Comment

Re : iFive Mini 3GS RileyROM 1.5

ok, how to make it empty?
        48 hours and mine still dont work cause battery not empty?
        Isn't it OK... yet ?

I read on a forum (here or xda) about a guy who had given up and was packing the tablet for RMA and who tried one last time...and it worked ! So don't give up too soon and keep trying.

You might see if your tablet has shutdown or if it's still stuck by plugging it to your charger and see if led turns on.

Hopeful thoughts

Comment

i tried other way and i left the tablet charged all night, still nothing, now when i connect tablet via USB to windows 7, no more sound either
          No charging led turn on either
          Now i have to wait weeks when battery empty again...

Originally posted by pix64 View Post
          Isn't it OK... yet ?

I read on a forum (here or xda) about a guy who had given up and was packing the tablet for RMA and who tried one last time...and it worked ! So don't give up too soon and keep trying.

You might see if your tablet has shutdown or if it's still stuck by plugging it to your charger and see if led turns on.

Hopeful thoughts

Comment

i tried 3 different computers and 3 different usb cables, nothing, tablet is dead
            any thoughts? or do i send it back...

Comment

iFive Mini 3GS RileyROM 1.5

i tried other way and i left the tablet charged all night...
              Now i have to wait weeks when battery empty again...
              good summary, you'll indeed have to wait as you did not follow the instructions that revived my tablet, and many other tablets on xda forum. your call :-)

Comment

I've updated this to v1.5.2.

Just go to post #1 of this thread for v1.5.2 with Koush Superuser, instead of SuperSU which fixes the ability to run Titanium Backups.

I've fought sd card permissions for weeks and I ran across a post on another site that noted that MTK devices can't run Titanium with SuperSU. I've tested this extensively, and no more "insufficient space" errors when creating a backup.

I mainly did this for me...but I'm sharing my new version with everyone.

You only need to flash the system.img and boot.img in download only mode, if you like. If you do it that way, you won't have to reinstall all of your apps/data.

When you run Titanium, though...you will get a warning window saying that you may have problems with this version of Superuser...but just ignore it. There's a box you can check that makes the message go away for good.
                Randy
                Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                Read my BIO Here
                Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                Donate here

Comment

Hi,
                  I am going to flash with the 1.5.1 now, just confused if I have to use download or Format all +download ( per instruction)? I made a backup of NVRAM/IMEI via the toolkit.
                  If I use format and download would be able to easily restore the backup via mkt toolkit again?
                  Last edited by benzz; 10-03-2014, 07:34.

Comment

Just use download only. If you choose a different set of EBR files, you need to do a wipe/factory reset in recovery. Its a good idea to backup your NVRAM data just in case.

Sent from my P9
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                    Donate here

Comment

Yeah I tried it that way.
                      Although i had to flash with 1.4 first as flashing with 1.5 first time corrupted the flash same way as it did for another user in this thread. but using download only from 1.4 to 1.5 did work

Is there a way to make your logo portrait than landscape as how it is now?
                      Or remove the second logo ( i quite like the first one but not fond of second one)

Comment

Maybe next time. I usually use my tablets in landscape. That first logo is in the logo.bin file...maybe I can do one in portrait as an option.

Sent from my P9
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

I Just thought would be cool to have them in portrait when loading
                          Is it possible to remove or replace the second logo (animated one)? I know it is your flagship for your ROM but thought to ask anyways

Comment

The boot animation is located in system/media.

Don't just delete it...cut and paste it somewhere on your sdcard. Otherwise, it might corrupt your system.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Oh okay, so could I replace the boot animation with something else?
                              I saw a video about downloading boot animation files in zip and install from SD , and it will replace the existing one. would it work with your ROM?

Comment

Yes, it will work. As long as the screen resolution is correct, and the proper permissions are set for the new animation.
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X