iFive Mini 3GS RileyROM 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iFive Mini 3GS RileyROM 1.5

This ROM is based on official iFive firmware dated 8/28/14 with the number 2.0.1.

I'm not really sure what has changed in this version, but my testing does seem to reveal a faster tablet.

This ROM contains the official iFive version of the SP Flash Tool configured for this device. I've tested it and by default it will format your tablet as it installs. So be sure to make backups of your apps, data, and IMEI number before flashing.

RileyROM features:

Rooted
    Init.d/Busybox added
    Autoinstall from External SD "autoinstall" folder on first boot.
    Google Play Store fixes added to all greater compatibility with apps.
    English as default language
    Debloated of all Chinese apps

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: This is now v1.5.1 with the generic SP Flash Tool, instead of the one downloaded from the iFive web site. People have had better luck at flashing with the original flash tool.

EDIT AGAIN: This is now v1.5.2 with Koush Superuser, instead of SuperSU which fixes the ability to run Titanium Backups. I've fought sd card permissions for weeks and ran across a post on another site that noted that MTK devices can't run Titanium with SuperSU. I've tested this extensively, and no more "insufficient space" errors when creating a backup. I mainly did this for me...but I'm sharing my new version with everyone. You only need to flash the system.img and boot.img in download only mode, if you like.

Download

Please remember to donate if you can.
    Last edited by rrileypm; 09-28-2014, 22:47.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Awesome as always

I will try flashing later today, there's just one thing that's bothering me and that is shuttering/low FPS/FPS cap/FPS limit. There are many names for one issue - the tablet is not as fluid as the other ones.

It can be tested easily with FPS Meter app. I do not get more than 38 FPS no matter what.

Did you notice any change in this area? Thanks!

Comment

help

Help! I'm getting an errror when trying to flash

"usrdata: pmt changed for the rom; it must be downloaded"

And now the tablet won't start...?

Also, in the Flashtool I don't get any option to select Donwload + Format? There is only 1 tab at the top called download?
      Last edited by palexr; 09-03-2014, 11:36.

Comment

I come from the original v2.0.0 with root. And got an error during install of this ROM in the flashtool.

Will try to flash the original one?! But the iFive can't boot now!

Edit: I flashed the official one now and rooted with the 1.1.2root.! Working again!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by DiMacho; 09-03-2014, 12:11.

Comment

I didn't experience the error in testing. You can try the flash tool from the previous ROM and see if it works. The default in the iFive flash tool is set to download/format by default.

Look for a file named checksum.ini. Set the checksum check value to 0 instead of 1 and see it it fixes the error.

Also make sure you have a good USB connection.

Sent from my P1 using Tapatalk
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

@Rilley, I had the same with the 1.4 Rom.

It is not a big deal, but I find it strange that I can flash with the standard chinese tool the original firmware and not yours.

Luckely I can root the standard 2.0.1 with the 1.1.2 root!

Comment

sorry, I'm a newbie. Does this mean that I download the ROM to my external SD card then reboot the tablet and the ROM will autoinstall?

If not wuld you mind posting a fool proof step by step instruction?

Thanks

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
              This ROM is based on official iFive firmware dated 8/28/14 with the number 2.0.1.

I'm not really sure what has changed in this version, but my testing does seem to reveal a faster tablet.

This ROM contains the official iFive version of the SP Flash Tool configured for this device. I've tested it and by default it will format your tablet as it installs. So be sure to make backups of your apps, data, and IMEI number before flashing.

RileyROM features:

Rooted
              Init.d/Busybox added
              Autoinstall from External SD "autoinstall" folder on first boot.
              Google Play Store fixes added to all greater compatibility with apps.
              English as default language
              Debloated of all Chinese apps

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

Download

Please remember to donate if you can.

Comment

Is a factory reset necessary?

Comment

Originally posted by DiMacho View Post

It is not a big deal, but I find it strange that I can flash with the standard chinese tool the original firmware and not yours.

This time, I was thinking that flashing would go smoother with the tool supplied by iFive, instead of the one I normally use. It worked well in my testing. Since other people were having trouble flashing with that other tool, I was hoping for better results.

If you have trouble with the supplied tool, just flash with the tool provided in v1.4. There is a pdf file with step by step instructions in the v1.4 ROM kit.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

Re: iFive Mini 3GS RileyROM 1.5

Originally posted by DiMacho View Post

When you said 'standard' it means you rooted the 2.0.1 stock rom without mod cwm?

Thanks.

Comment

Yes, that zip file was designed to be installed via stock recovery.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Yep!

Used to motorola and safestrap, but getting to know mtk!

Comment

My TAB still 1.1.1 can I upgrade with this file?

Thanks

Comment

Yes, you don't have to do it in incremental steps. Just follow the instructions.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Where can i download that root 1.1.2 zip file?

I have one but when i try to install on stock rom 2.0.1 on recovery appears "Installation aborted".

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X