This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish list for PiPo ROM's

As you can see, I have put together a bunch of ROM's for Pipo tablets. I have the M8 Pro and M5 models to test with.

There have been plenty of views and downloads on all of the individual threads, but not much feedback. They all must be working fine, or.....not, but no comments.

Anyway, I'm assuming the best.

Now, if there is anything special I should include in the ROM that you are having an issue with, please post here, or on the thread for your individual tablet model.

We are a big family here at Freaktab, and I really enjoy helping people out. I learn something new every day doing this stuff, so please challenge me. If I can't do it myself, there is plenty of help available from the rest of the Freaktab team.

So what I am doing now is:

Root
    Debloat
    Google Play Store fixes
    CWM, if available for the specific tablet
    init.d support
    busybox support
    Expanding user app space to 2,4,6 and 8g (let me know which one you prefer)
    Custom bootanimations from Tattman65

I have not gotten into installing drivers and jar files, but if there is demand for a fix please ask away.

For a while, I was tweaking the UI a bit, but everyone seems to want stock only...so I quit doing that.

Remember, you only get THREE WISHES....(just kidding...hahaha).
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Hey Randy;

I'm not sure if any of these are possible without the source code from Rockchip but here's my wish list so far:

1) Battery Icon changed to a number; circle with a number in the middle.
    2) Overclockable CPU and GPU.
    3) Able to modify the quick settings panel at the top right.
    4) All non important apps uninstalled. Ones I wouldn't mind added are ES File Explorer, Titanium Backup, and Go Keyboard for the tablet mode.

If I think of more should I Edit this post or create a new one?

Thanks!

Comment

Wish list for PiPo ROM's

Thanks.

Some of those are doable. I have done the circle battery before, but I stopped because people didn't like it much. I'll look into that on the 4.2.2 system.

I have debloated as much as possible without breaking some functionality. I'll look at other apps to delete.

As far as adding apps, I'm afraid that unless Freaktab gets permission from the developer, we don't add anything to our ROM's

I will also look into the over clocking.

Randy
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Pipo Max M8 3G

Great job on all the custom ROMs, Riley! But is it possible to request a ROM for Max M8 3G (the older version, not M8 Pro)? I'm a user of this tablet and would really appreciate if you can do it. Thank you very much and more power!
        Last edited by ruvins; 06-03-2013, 15:34. Reason: added more info

Comment

Wish list for PiPo ROM's

I'll work on one today for you. I actually got started on one, but got busy with the 3188 tablets.

Randy
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Donate here

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
            I'll work on one today for you. I actually got started on one, but got busy with the 3188 tablets.

Randy

Thanks, Sir Randy! Popcorn mode I'll wait for it and will recommend your works also.. TYVM!

Comment

I just finished uploading the 3G version of the M8 Max 3066 ROM...

Here is the link to the new thread:

Link

Let me know how it works for you.

The wifi version is still uploading, but will be there soon.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

OK, here is MY wish list.

The little Toshiba NB 205 netbook I'm using as my ROM kitchen is wearing out from all of this work, plus my 52 year old eyes are getting tired of trying to read this 10" screen. So I'm needing a new laptop to cook ROMs with. Nothing fancy, just one that dual boots Windows 7 (preferably) and Linux with a big enough hard drive to keep several ROM projects going at once.

And BTW, my birthday is Sunday...so please, If your tablet has been positively improved with one of my ROM's...please feel free to donate. I only post my donate link on my download pages, so I'm not nagging for money all the time, but come on ya'll...I need a little help, here.

Why a laptop? Well, I need something portable to carry between home and the fire station where I work every 3rd day with all of my ROM projects ready to go wherever.

If these ROMs make a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Pipo M9 Wishlist

Hi Riley,

Im using your RileyRom 1.5 for the Wifi Pipo M9. here's my wishlist if possible

1. The whole storage space of 16GB (14GB usable) be added to the parameters. In this way we can utilize the whole Nandflash of the tab as internal and the external SD at the same time. Maybe a 12GB parameter will be perfect

2. The dropdown toggle on the upper right be a real toggle. Because as of now, when you click the icon (i.e Wifi) it opens the settings instead of turning on the wifi immediately.

Thanks Riley! and more power!

Comment

Wish list for PiPo ROM's

Wow, you really want me to dig deep on those two. I'll have to do some research on those.

Randy
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by aquinasramon View Post
                      Hi Riley,

Im using your RileyRom 1.5 for the Wifi Pipo M9. here's my wishlist if possible

1. The whole storage space of 16GB (14GB usable) be added to the parameters. In this way we can utilize the whole Nandflash of the tab as internal and the external SD at the same time. Maybe a 12GB parameter will be perfect

2. The dropdown toggle on the upper right be a real toggle. Because as of now, when you click the icon (i.e Wifi) it opens the settings instead of turning on the wifi immediately.

Thanks Riley! and more power!

Suggestion on #2

On #2, just tap and hold the wifi or bluetooth icon it toggles to on/off state.

On #1 if you make it possible for installing apps in external sd... then it might restrict the use of ntfs format sd card. (Correct me if im wrong)

Comment

Re: Wish list for PiPo ROM's

I'll make a 10 and a 12g parameter file if you like. It seems like a little much, though.

Sent from my M8 pro
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

I just updated the M9 version 1.5....adding a 12 gig parameter file for you to try.

Tell me how it works for you.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

wishlist

hi sir riley! ive heard so many great things about your roms. I tried to search for a custom rom for Pipo s3 but i could not find one. I wish you could create a custom rom for Pipo s3..

Mainly I just want all the internal storage to become internal memory and sd card as phone memory.

Stock UI is good enough

Better battery optimization for longer duration.

Thank you!

Comment

Wish list for PiPo ROM's

Originally posted by acealisangco View Post
                              hi sir riley! ive heard so many great things about your roms. I tried to search for a custom rom for Pipo s3 but i could not find one. I wish you could create a custom rom for Pipo s3..

Mainly I just want all the internal storage to become internal memory and sd card as phone memory.

Stock UI is good enough

Better battery optimization for longer duration.

Thank you!
                              Stay tuned. It will be sometime tomorrow.

Randy
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Working...
                              X