Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to see realtek, ralink or atheros drivers baked in - although I'm not sure it can be done at the moment (?). Would be great to be able to connect an USB-wifi adapter with an external antenna, if needed on the go
    Support your local flasher
    Current devices : Pipo MAX M8 Pro - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Intel NUC

Comment

Wish list for PiPo ROM's

We have started a thread for requesting drivers. Sorry, I don't have a link to it. (iPhone limitations).

Leolas is our driver guy. He needs specific information about the devices you request drivers for.

In a few cases, support is already inside the kernel. You just have to try it and see.

Most external driver requests are for tv sticks. You might see which devices are already supported on the 3188 with 4.2.2.

Since I don't have any of these devices to test, you must be willing to verify whether they work because they don't always do.

Randy
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
        We have started a thread for requesting drivers. Sorry, I don't have a link to it. (iPhone limitations).

Leolas is our driver guy. He needs specific information about the devices you request drivers for.

In a few cases, support is already inside the kernel. You just have to try it and see.

Most external driver requests are for tv sticks. You might see which devices are already supported on the 3188 with 4.2.2.

Since I don't have any of these devices to test, you must be willing to verify whether they work because they don't always do.

Randy
        Ok - I haven't bought a wifi dongle yet - been looking to see if some chipset was already supported first. The more common chipsets are widely available in dongles all shapes and sizes, so if a common realtek/ralink chipset is supported - in theory one whould be able to pick and choose (among simple design ones that use the chipset stock drivers).

Currently my first M8pro is on its way from the seller to Pipo, and the new one was just shipped - so I can't check for myself... could anyone be so kind as to check what modules are already in there? a file list of /system/lib/modules - in 4.2.2 rom preferrably.

Comment

Randy - have you tried CrossBreeder on this tablet? I don't have the new replacement yet, so can't really check myself - but I DID try it out on my Jiayu G3 (MT6577 / 1GB) phone, wich I thought was performing fairly decent... holy cr*p. Apps (especially those that poll data from the internet - but all in general), browsing, anims - the whole user experience changed drastically. Some apps that used to be pretty unstable and slow, are now problem-free (and lightning fast).

It doesn't seem to have had a mentionable impact on AnTuTu scores - but those are pretty much hardware tests, and this is no overclocking or driver modification. This however, seems like most things is just working 5x-10x more efficient. I don't want to go into too much detail, it will probably be better expressed from "the horse's mouth": CrossBreeder .

It does have an optional feature - Frandom support (Here).
          "Frandom is a Linux kernel random number generator, which is 10-50 times faster than what you get from Linux' built-in /dev/urandom"
          It will however, require a kernel module if its not already in there. If possible - I would really like to see this.

I suggest you try it out and see if it can add to the experience of the M8pro - It just made me change my mind about getting a new phone

Comment

Wish list for PiPo ROM's

Very interesting. I'll have to check it out.

Thanks.

Randy
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

RK3188 SDK 2.0 is out - hopefully we'll see some nice optimizations and improvements soon

Did you get to try the CrossBreeder?

Comment

Re: Wish list for PiPo ROM's

I just put out an update for the M6 that was released yesterday. I hope it is from the new SDK. But I'm not sure. No change logs in English.

Sent from my M8 pro
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

I just put out an update for the M6 that was released yesterday. I hope it is from the new SDK. But I'm not sure. No change logs in English.

Sent from my M8 pro
                  I've got the SDK 2.0 if needed. Athough, its "bundled" with a U30TG2 ROM, so a little work unpacking, extracting and possibly adatation might be needed. I'm no coder or ROM cooker, so my knowledge on this is scarce.

Comment

The problem is that I don't do kernels. That is where all the magic is. So I am just hoping for new official firmware from Pipo.

Sent from my M8 pro
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

The problem is that I don't do kernels. That is where all the magic is. So I am just hoping for new official firmware from Pipo.

Sent from my M8 pro
                      Optimized kernel is the thing I mostly want, hope somebody can help us to build it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by hoilai View Post
                        Optimized kernel is the thing I mostly want, hope somebody can help us to build it soon.
                        +1

Comment

Although a new SDK is out...tablets are very hard to customize a kernel for unless you have the exact same sources for that specific device. You have to make sure touch screen...wifi...Bluetooth...gyros...all work right with their specific drivers. We may have a generic framework to start out with...but no sources from the factory. The TV sticks may have custom kernels available...but they generally have a lot less to go wrong.

Sent from my M8 pro
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

Tweaks

Sorry for my english, what about the tweaks like @Huawei Mediapad 10 FHD@ ... customize @power mode@ (energy save, normal speed, maximum speed) ... I mean customize CPU freq directly from menu ...

PS - maybe include sound tweaks in menu (i see many programs like Viper4android FX, or any other software with Dolby or BeatsAudio effects)

Comment

We will see what the new SDK has in it.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

I wish for a tutorial

Hi Riley, excellent work, thank you. I am a Pipo M9 owner...it arrived today and I am already trying to root it - without success. So hence my request - would it be possible for you to please do a tutorial for rooting and then flashing your ROMs? I have tried three different tutorials, and have managed to install both the USB and ADB drivers. The problem is that the flashing software does not seem to be able to communicate with my device (I believe it is a question of the software not being able to find the ROM, even though I pointed it to the loader).
                                Also my M9 is already updated with the latest firmware from Pipo - 4.2.2, and came with no bloat, so all I really want to do is obtain root and flash CWM then get on with reinstalling my apps.
                                It must be said that there is a great deal of room for confusion in the existing tutorials, especially as they differ so much from the methods Pipo advocate for upgrading. And as the intention of their tutorial is not to teach us how to obtain root it is not much help to me either.

Please, if this post would be better placed elsewhere, feel free to move it wherever it would be best for you.

Thank you for your support,

David

As you can see, I have put together a bunch of ROM's for Pipo tablets. I have the M8 Pro and M5 models to test with.

There have been plenty of views and downloads on all of the individual threads, but not much feedback. They all must be working fine, or.....not, but no comments.

Anyway, I'm assuming the best.

Now, if there is anything special I should include in the ROM that you are having an issue with, please post here, or on the thread for your individual tablet model.

We are a big family here at Freaktab, and I really enjoy helping people out. I learn something new every day doing this stuff, so please challenge me. If I can't do it myself, there is plenty of help available from the rest of the Freaktab team.

So what I am doing now is:

Root
                                Debloat
                                Google Play Store fixes
                                CWM, if available for the specific tablet
                                init.d support
                                busybox support
                                Expanding user app space to 2,4,6 and 8g (let me know which one you prefer)
                                Custom bootanimations from Tattman65

I have not gotten into installing drivers and jar files, but if there is demand for a fix please ask away.

For a while, I was tweaking the UI a bit, but everyone seems to want stock only...so I quit doing that.

Remember, you only get THREE WISHES....(just kidding...hahaha).

Comment

Working...
                                X