Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Randy. In mass storage mode I can access my files in Windows, and if I then select debugging mode without disconnecting the USB cable Windows will immediately recognize it and load the correct drivers - I have checked this with USB Deview...
    The device does indeed have a pin sized reset button, and I did manage to get it into download mode once, but I think we need to try the manual method, and yes it was a pain to get to that point.
    What I fail to understand is that Shuame informs me that the device is rooted, yet there is no SU on the device and I cannot install any Root dependent apps such as Titanium Backup Pro, and although I am a paid user on the same Google account Playstore acts as though that were not the case.

I also have a problem getting Windows 7 x64 to install the JDK software, although the Android SDK did install with no issues.

I think I am going to have to start again from scratch using my other laptop, because this laptop was configured as a music workstation and as such has many USB device drivers which are a pain to reinstall, so I am loath to use USB deview to remove them and it is too confusing to be able to see which drivers belong to what device...

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    I'm afraid that in your attempts to install drivers for many different flash methods, you might have a driver conflict. I have seen that error before...and each time it was either a driver issue...or simply that I didn't have a good USB connection.

Try connecting your device as a mass storage and look and see if you can view the files on it in Windows explorer. Then, eject the device and close out the USB connection from the tablet. With it still connected try and see if you can reboot to flash mode from the flash tool.

Otherwise, you will need to follow the convoluted way to get into flash mode manually.

If there is a reset hole on the back of the device (I haven't seen an M9 in person to know for sure), I can tell you how to manually get in to flash mode....it's kind of a pain to do.

Comment

Originally posted by spectra9 View Post
      Hmm, that's odd. Maybe try this, run the batch file in a command window instead of double clicking on it in Windows Explorer. Just run cmd.exe, change the folder to where the TPSparkyRoot.bat file is located and run it from there. If you're using Windows 8 you can just navigate to the folder via Windows Explorer and then type "cmd" in the address bar and press Enter.

My laptop has Win7 x64....could you please be more precise with these instructions? When you talk about 'changing the folder where the .bat file is located' are you talking about using the CD command within the command window?
      Another problem is that my files are way deep within subfolders, rather than on the desktop - a different way of working, due to having to use external USB drives plus having only a very small laptop screen to work from - this is another reason I am going to switch to the other laptop which is connected to my Smart TV - that will allow me to see everything on the HD screen, which will be much better for multi-tasking, even though it means having to disconnect all my external HDs and screw up my XBMC setup...

Incidentally that is part of the reason I am trying to get my Pipo M9 rooted and set up properly - I want to use it to run XBMC and try to replace the laptop, as it also has HDMI out to connect directly to the HD TV - but that is another story....

The easiest method I've found to get the M9 into flash mode is this:
      1. Turn off the tablet
      2. Connect the USB cable
      3. Start the flash tool, in this case, RKAndroidTool.exe.
      4. Press and hold the ESC button on the tablet and then while still holding the button down, press the Power button
      5. The tablet should enter flash mode immediately and you can release both buttons. In RKAndroidTool you should see the status changed to "Found RKAndroid Loader Rock Usb". In RKBatchTool, you should see the box turn green.

Hope that helps.
      Thank you, I will try this once I manage to get all the drivers re-installed on the other laptop.
      BTW, another issue - once I manage to get CWM installed, aside from installing an app that allows me to boot directly to recovery - how can recovery be accessed using the external buttons?

Comment

Originally posted by DSCB57 View Post
        My laptop has Win7 x64....could you please be more precise with these instructions? When you talk about 'changing the folder where the .bat file is located' are you talking about using the CD command within the command window?
        Another problem is that my files are way deep within subfolders, rather than on the desktop...
        Yes use the CD command to change directory in a CMD window. Maybe that's also the problem it doesn't work in the first place, your subfolders level maybe too deep and confuse the batch file. Just extract the zip to somewhere easy like C:\ or D:\, you can always delete it afterwards. You can also hold the SHIFT key while right-clicking the folder in Windows Explorer and choose the "Open Command window here" menu. Choose whichever method is most comfortable for you.

Comment

It should probably boot into cwm if you boot by holding down power and one of the other buttons. Either it goes into flash mode or cwm. If it goes into flash mode and that wasn't what you wanted - I've found it works to give it a minutes rest, connect to charger, wait for charging animation and then power on.

I read someone booted to cwm this way - but haven't tried myself yet.

On another note - maybe this discussion belongs in another thread.

Sent from my M8 pro using Tapatalk 4 Beta
          Support your local flasher
          Current devices : Pipo MAX M8 Pro - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Intel NUC

Comment

Originally posted by DSCB57 View Post
            Thank you Randy. In mass storage mode I can access my files in Windows, and if I then select debugging mode without disconnecting the USB cable Windows will immediately recognize it and load the correct drivers - I have checked this with USB Deview...
            The device does indeed have a pin sized reset button, and I did manage to get it into download mode once, but I think we need to try the manual method, and yes it was a pain to get to that point.
            What I fail to understand is that Shuame informs me that the device is rooted, yet there is no SU on the device and I cannot install any Root dependent apps such as Titanium Backup Pro, and although I am a paid user on the same Google account Playstore acts as though that were not the case.

I also have a problem getting Windows 7 x64 to install the JDK software, although the Android SDK did install with no issues.

I think I am going to have to start again from scratch using my other laptop, because this laptop was configured as a music workstation and as such has many USB device drivers which are a pain to reinstall, so I am loath to use USB deview to remove them and it is too confusing to be able to see which drivers belong to what device...
            For months...almost a year, I was simply not able to flash any Android device from my Windows 7 64bit desktop PC. I just gave up on it. It always works fine from my little Windows 7 Starter Netbook, so I have been using it to flash. The other day, I tried again on my desktop and it started working. There are just some grimlins within that 64 bit Windows 7 that makes things difficult. I've heard that people have the most consistent good luck with good ole Windows XP.
            Randy
            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

Re: Wish list for PiPo ROM's

I've not had any problems with my win7 starter netbook either probably flashed 20 differen phones with it. My GFs Win7 64bit though - no go. I believe either its the 64bit platform that is the culprit or improper/badly coded drivers.

Important note! RockShip USB drivers come in 32 an 64 bit versions (folders usually labeled x86 for 32bit, x64 for 64bit. If your cpu is 64 bit - MAKE SURE YOU INSTALL THE 64BIT DRIVERS!

Comment

Using Windows 8 x64 here and works just fine. I installed the ADB driver via PDANet+ installation package. I haven't tried any other OSes though

Comment

PDANet+ is usually a pretty safe way to go. But it can be a hassle if you have drivers for multiple SoC's and manufaturers. I have 3 different Mediatek, RockShip and Broadcom in there so had to go manual.

Comment

M9 3G modem switch off

Awesome ROM. So much better than the stock.
                    I have 1.6 installed on my m9 3g.
                    The modem turns itself off after about 10 minutes of no use. I initially thought it was a loose connection when picked up the tablet, but it does it when the tablet hasnt moved. Once you start using the tablet again it turns back on, but it would be nice if it could stay on permanently.
                    Possible?

Comment

Wish list for PiPo ROM's

Are you talking about wifi or 3G?

Randy
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                      Donate here

Comment

3G

Comment

Wish list for PiPo ROM's

Look in settings and see if you can keep the modem on during sleep mode.

You can increase the time by changing display settings.

You can also go into developer settings and check keep on during charging.

Those are the only options I'm aware of.

Randy
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

I don't know if it was mentioned earlier in the Wish List - but I'd love to see the "Pull Down" on the status bar, acutually able to toggle the things it displays, instead of just being shortcuts.

I really love the status bar/pulldown (up) on the Tab2/note 10.1 - is this a integral part of TouchWiz - or is it something that could be applied to our tablets?

Comment

Originally posted by pr0xZen View Post
                              I don't know if it was mentioned earlier in the Wish List - but I'd love to see the "Pull Down" on the status bar, acutually able to toggle the things it displays, instead of just being shortcuts.

I really love the status bar/pulldown (up) on the Tab2/note 10.1 - is this a integral part of TouchWiz - or is it something that could be applied to our tablets?
                              Hi, if you're talking about the buttons like WiFi etc, I know that you can turn WiFi on by holding the button instead of tapping on it. I haven't tried it with the other buttons.

Comment

Oh jebus, Now don't I feel silly *blush*
                                Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X