No announcement yet.

Tanix TX6 TV Box - Allwinner H6 4/32GB Dual WiFi BT4.1 or 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hikvision Thx for walking me trough it using baby steps. English is not my native tongue so I guess there was an added language barrier on top that complicated things for me.
    Now I understand.

So I just swap in now installed svc1 and update tanix to run svc2. That update will put front panel to sleep, but that is ok. I can live just fine with loosing top USB port as well.
    To ensure remote control works correct I replace the customer_ir_4040.kl with 644 properties and things are golden. Great.

Looking forward to get spdif enabled.

Comment

Video instruction - PhoenixSuit

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

Comment

Originally posted by Hikvision View Post
        Aaaahaha
        Who told you that the configuration file of the remote control has a relation to digital sound ??? !!!! ))))
        everything, I have no strength
        During this time you could install software 10 times and evaluate it
        How the heck does anyone even confuse the two? What am I saying? This is exactly how Gnome 3 came about.

Comment

I recently bought this tv box and i've got some issues

- This box SUCKS in Iptv...the image constantly freezes with IPTV EXTREME. I previously had a Beelink GT1 Ultimate and had no such issues with the same iptv link and same app

- I have a Mele F10 Deluxe and the home button doesn't work. Again...it worked ok on the Beelink box i had before

- Box came with Netflix working...after a update it just doesn't start and i've tried to install a different apk but it just exits without even showing me the netflix start screen

I opted for this one cause on paper it looked like a cool box and my Beelink GT1 Ultimate was lost in Android 6 and i haven't been able to update it. This one came with android 9 but these issues i mentioned are annoying me and i can't understand how a 4GB RAM box has them.

Can you guys help ?

Comment

Paulo Saraiva

A few posts before yours, someone did a downgrade firmware on the tanix tx6. From android 9 to android 7 custom ROM from superceleron.
            Maybe that helps in your situation also.
            There are also custom roms android 7 for the GT1 ultimate.

As for Netflix before uninstalling do a "clear data" or "limpar dados". and then re-install. If it works but you can't get HD in Netflix. Try Version 4.16, you can download it from apkmirror.com

Enviado do meu POCOPHONE F1 atrav?s do Tapatalk

Comment

My Tanix TX6 4GB/32GB, Android 9 (last update 04-2019) has lot of issues:

- Audio 5.1 by HDMI goes only in stock video player. Is not possible to set 5.1 sound in Youtube, Kodi, MX player... There it plays only 2.0 sound. (I tried android 7, but there with vidieo files with 5.1 sound was no sound). I tried SPDIF, no help. (My previous box TX3pro works with audio 5.1 fine)
              - 5.1 audio has horrible quality.
              - Notifications is not possiple pull down. If I used application to show notifications, is not possible to interact them (not clickable)
              - if box is turned off, USB sending power to external HDD and it is pernamently working
              - od 8th May 2019 was released OTA update (presented on FB page), but my device still shows in pre-installed update app: "Undiscover new version" (Can someote post link to download update.zip file?)
              - WiFi randomly disconnecting
              - Is not possible to set main home launcher. If I want to use different launcher, box boots in Alice

Comment

Originally posted by blackholesun View Post

Great video.
                When I downgraded to Android 7 I am positive I skipped one step - the Format to Normal I didn't do.
                I just clicked Burn directly and the result was a working update.

What does Format To Normal actually do in the process? My sdmicro was formatted to fat32 prior to using PhoenixCard so maybe that is why it still worked?
                It basically makes to sd card bootable to the TX6.  I suspect it writes a  MBR and so forth  to the sdcard.

Comment

Originally posted by blackholesun View Post

Great video.
                  When I downgraded to Android 7 I am positive I skipped one step - the Format to Normal I didn't do.
                  I just clicked Burn directly and the result was a working update.

What does Format To Normal actually do in the process? My sdmicro was formatted to fat32 prior to using PhoenixCard so maybe that is why it still worked?
                  It basically makes the sd card bootable to the TX6. I suspect it writes a MBR and so forth to the sdcard.

Comment

Originally posted by c,lei View Post

It basically makes to sd card bootable to the TX6.?* I suspect it writes a?* MBR and so forth?* to the sdcard.
                    ?*

Ok, makes sense. I guess things went well because I did use Rufus to format Sdmicro card before using Phoenix. So card was already formatted with MBR.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190609_122606.jpg
Views:	1946
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	775234Click image for larger version  Name:	20190609_121338.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.6 KB ID:	775232 Just sharing my experience :
                      - both android 7 and 9 are not good. Cpu is too hot so box is hang after a few minutes
                      - for Android 9, only 20190320 supports wifi but cpu also is too hot with this version.
                      - first flashing 20190218 from the website, then use the update application to get the latest version 20190508. This version is usable because cpu is cool, applications can respond to my requests quickly. This version doesn't support Wi-Fi because Wi-Fi MAC address is 02:00:00:00:00. Hope this issue is fixed in the near future .
                      - to flashing, just download and install the Phoenix suite frome Tanix' website. On the website, click tab firmware, then choose your .img file. Remember click the checkbox "download... then click all items to install all partitions. Then remove all attached cable from your TX6 box. While you're holding the power button, insert the USB cable into TX6, then firmware is flashed automatically. The phoenix software will ask you that you want to "incremental upgrade " or "format upgrade", I always choose "format upgrade".
                      - After the Phoenix finished, remove the USB cable from TX6 because the cable cannot supply enough power for TX6. Now you have to insert the power cable into TX6.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	20190609_122110.jpg Views:	0 Size:	31.2 KB ID:	775233
                      Last edited by thuongshoo; 06-09-2019, 06:27.

Comment

Thuongshoo
                        you have boxing option 2G+16?
                        install the 20190506 or 20190507 firmware - the wai file will work

Comment

Thuongshoo
                          you have boxing option 2G+16?
                          install the 20190506 or 20190507 firmware - the wai file will work
                          No My one is 4GB+32GB

Comment

The Phoenix suite is good at basic feature: flashing. The rest thing is very bad and unable to understand. For example while it is flashing then click the home tab it still says no attached devices.. If you click the upgrade button before you plug USB cable it will show a guide panel and it's quite old and unuseful. No need to tick any button for 10 times. For flashing, TX6 can draw power from the USB cable, no need to use the main power. It's pretty. After finishing flashing firmware, TX6 can be in booting but it never can work properly with my experience. Just remove the USB cable then use the main power cable then everything should work.
                            Until android 9 the spdif still doesn't work It waste a lot of my money I bought a cheap spdif DAC then another expensive DAC but still not work. Then I suspected that it's a 3.5mm toslink rather than a 3.5mm coaxial spdif. It was 1 week from the day I bought the box. So I payed much for express delivery. It still didn't work. Then I bought a HDMI splitter then I can get sound from my DAC. I only use LCD monitor instead of smart TV.

Comment

new software for TX6 option 2*16 - Tanix-TX6_H6_9_4Gddr_20190507 - from May 7

https://mega.nz/#!YqZk2SZL!oCzgTeXBq...C1j6eefPJqVVaY
                              Is this only for the 2GB/16GB version? What does this
                              new software for TX6 option 2*16
                              mean, it works only in 2GB/16GB ???

I have the 4GB/32GB TX6, and like somebody else posted they are stuck on the 20190419 as their last OTA version. The May OTA update never signals available through the Update app, I've also tried changing the web address and firmware date for OTA in build.prop but Update app still says I have newest version installed, which is incorrect. This title "Tanix-TX6_H6_9_4Gddr_20190507" looks to be the correct version for the may update for 4GB ram devices, even though the Facebook page said v20190508 as last update to look for. So my next question is does this firmware link you posted also work in the 4GB ram devices without problems? What is the most recent Date Code for the firmware we should be running?

Comment

yes, the software for 2 + 16 works well for 4 + 32. The last 2 + 16 20190506 or 0507, only the boot animation is different

Comment

Working...
                                X