No announcement yet.

Tanix TX6 TV Box - Allwinner H6 4/32GB Dual WiFi BT4.1 or 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a TX6, 4G/64G Android 9, rooted; and I am new to this TV box. I accidentally deleted /bin/su, so now I am no longer rooted. Can someone please help to advise on to get back to 'root"?

Comment

Originally posted by tonygts View Post
      I have a TX6, 4G/64G Android 9, rooted; and I am new to this TV box. I accidentally deleted /bin/su, so now I am no longer rooted. Can someone please help to advise on to get back to 'root"?
      it is better to install Magic immediately

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmi View Post
        it is better to install Magic immediately
        Thanks for the response. As I said I'm new to this box, can u let me know more about Magic, and where is the link to it?

Comment

Hello guys,
          I have a TX6 4G/32G Android 9 box with a very weird issue, hoping you can help me fix it.
          The box works well in general, but when connected to WiFi, either 2.4G or 5G, the speed link is stuck in 65 Mbps (description at the end).
          I've reset it, reflashed it, connected it to other networks, and the problem persist. I have other box of same model and the WiFi data link is good (174 Mbps for 2.4G and 867 Mbps for 5G).
          Please your help on this.

AIDA64 / Network / Link Speed - 65 Mbps

Thanks.

Comment

I got a TX6 4G/64G Android 9. Can someone tell how to use TWRP to do backup?
            1). Please can someone advise me on how to get "TX6 4G/64G's latest correct stock Android 9 firmware file for updating using the pre-installed "Update App" or via USB memory method or connection to PC?

2). Before doing 1) above, I actually wanted to backup the TX6 whole system using TWRP which I had requested for help in my post #807 above. Would really appreciate that some can help. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Thanks for the response. As I said I'm new to this box, can u let me know more about Magic, and where is the link to it?
              Hi guys, so after quite a bit of looking around for firmware after bricking my box with no success, I managed to get the original android 9 firmware for this box from the supplier. I hope it might be of use for someone else in the same situation as me. As is the usual story with these cheap clones it is virtually impossible

Comment

Originally posted by Bertonumber1 View Post
                How does this spamming answer any questions in an android TV box forum?... , I've experience malware in some of the unlock tools from xdarom website.

Freaktab users avoid this website

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
                It won't. Imei tools are basically for cell phone problems that's using a sim card for the connection , and even then you really shouldn't mess with them.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

These boxes aren't the best TV boxes on the market, but for a budget tv box that are not total trash. The CPU gets hot, 1. because of its 28nm build process not efficiently handling the power, 2. the inability of Allwinner to release a quality SDK for Programmers to make a firmware that is not boiling the CPU, 3. the stupid design for the TX6 of installing the board upside down and using a heatsink that has fins to make contact with a thermal-pad and large heatsink at bottom of device. The chip is rated for 1.8 GHz and all the Allwinner H6 devices running Android made by all the TVbox manufactures have to under-clocked the CPU at 1.5 GHz because Allwinner doesn't debug their Android SDK. Any advancements that Allwinner includes in there coding is all stolen from Sunxi Project.

A better chip to own is the Amlogic S905x2, like in the Mecool KM3 and Beelink GT1-mini, but most S905x2 devices cost more then the TX6. And if you want the best firmware and support you should try the Ugoos X2 Cube for a reasonable price at Gearbest.com or Geekbuying.com
                  Hi RiCkLaR_atvX

Browsing thru' your posts in this forum, I am expressed by your depth of knowledge and hope that you can help me on the following:

1). In my previous post #811, I mentioned about my deletion of the Super User binary file /System/bin/su, and then I am no longer rooted now. I would be most grateful for your help on how I can get back to root; fyi in the /System/xbin directory, the "su" and "sud' files are still there and so, is there a way to copy the "su' to /bin now without a root permission?

2). If you had a choice to choose between TX6 4/64GB and TX6S 4/64GB, which would you prefer?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Comment

Hi RiCkLaR_atvX
                    Browsing thru' your posts in this forum, I am expressed by your depth of knowledge and hope that you can help me on the following:
                    1). In my previous post #811, I mentioned about my deletion of the Super User binary file /System/bin/su, and then I am no longer rooted now. I would be most grateful for your help on how I can get back to root; fyi in the /System/xbin directory, the "su" and "sud' files are still there and so, is there a way to copy the "su' to /bin now without a root permission?
                    2). If you had a choice to choose between TX6 4/64GB and TX6S 4/64GB, which would you prefer?
                    Your help will be much appreciated.
                    1) Easiest way to return ROOT is to Install a New Firmware or Reinstall the current Firmware that had ROOT.

2) Both Allwinner devices TX6 and TX6S do NOT have DOLBY-DIGITAL or DTS audio codecs', so if you don't care that every thing is in stereo, these boxes are low-budget and best used only for KODI or IPTV only. Between the two, I have both and I prefer the older TX6 (H6 cpu). And side-note I have never needed more than 32 GB on a TVbox, so if you absolutely know that you need that much space go ahead and get the 64gb but for me 32gb is more than enough.

3) If you want these boxes to be a substitute for an SBC like the RaspberryPi3B and Run a Linux OS, then the ALLWINNER_H6 is almost fully supported in Mainline Linux which is great, so you will get very decent performance running the mainline kernel and Armbian.

Comment

1) Easiest way to return ROOT is to Install a New Firmware or Reinstall the current Firmware that had ROOT.
                      Thanks for your response.
                      I am not able to find the right firmware version that comes with my box, TX6 4/64GB, which has a kernel build version 2020.0515, so I have to be cautious with installing the firmware of old version 20190722 , which is almost one year old and which is what I can find in this forum; I am afraid that I might not be able to get back to my currrent 2020.0515 version; unfortunately, the seller said that they don't do flashing (only OTA update), so they also don't have the firmware. Here is a link to the screenshot of my box's kernel build version:

2) Both Allwinner devices TX6 and TX6S do NOT have DOLBY-DIGITAL or DTS audio codecs', so if you don't care that every thing is in stereo, these boxes are low-budget and best used only for KODI or IPTV only. Between the two, I have both and I prefer the older TX6 (H6 cpu). And side-note I have never needed more than 32 GB on a TVbox, so if you absolutely know that you need that much space go ahead and get the 64gb but for me 32gb is more than enough.
                      - Why do you prefer the old TX6?
                      - What advantages the old one has over the new's? CPU-Z app shows that the temperature of the old one can still reach 75% without a cooling fan.
                      - Does the new one also have the same heating problem?

3) If you want these boxes to be a substitute for an SBC like the RaspberryPi3B and Run a Linux OS, then the ALLWINNER_H6 is almost fully supported in Mainline Linux which is great, so you will get very decent performance running the mainline kernel and Armbian.
                      Is there a way to install or burn Linux on the external bootable SDcard using Windows PhoenixCard app, and then use Linux's shell terminal emulator to access the internal SDcard and execute the shell command "su - cp /system/xbin/su /system/bin" to get back to root or the "su" file to /bin.
                      Last edited by tonygts; 09-21-2020, 06:58.

Comment

I faced problem when uploading an image.jpg of size less than 2MB using the "Upload Attachments" button below; always got an error message : "Error Uploading Image"
                        Last edited by tonygts; 09-21-2020, 06:46.

Comment

I faced problem when uploading an image.jpg of size less than 2MB using the "Upload Attachments"...
                          use postimage or imgbb for posting images ...

Comment

If you have a good image manipulation software, then format the picture .jpeg to .png -- that usually works for me to upload the images to this forum.

Comment

- Why do you prefer the old TX6?
                              - What advantages the old one has over the new's? CPU-Z app shows that the temperature of the old one can still reach 75% without a cooling fan.
                              - Does the new one also have the same heating problem?
                              The new TX6S has worst heating problem than the old TX6, even with a fan On the New Chip it will go into thermal Redzone. The new chip has just as many bugs in Android 10 OS as the Android 9 OS on the old TX6. So if you are going to update newer TVbox, abandon Allwinner CPU boxes and get Amlogic S922X or S905X3.

Is there a way to install or burn Linux on the external bootable SDcard using Windows PhoenixCard app, and then use Linux's shell terminal emulator to access the internal SDcard and execute the shell command "su - cp /system/xbin/su /system/bin" to get back to root or the "su" file to /bin.
                              Yes, you should be able to access the eMMC as a secondary drive in Linux and that cmd should work, don't forget to set file permissions, and maybe possibly running over ADB this cmd$ ./system/bin/su install
                              Worth a shot. And YES Armbian can be installed and ran from an SDcard for the TX6, never tried editing the eMMC form Armbian myself but good luck!

Comment

The new TX6S has worst heating problem than the old TX6, even with a fan On the New Chip it will go into thermal Redzone. The new chip has just as many bugs in Android 10 OS as the Android 9 OS on the old TX6. So if you are going to update newer TVbox, abandon Allwinner CPU boxes and get Amlogic S922X or S905X3.

Yes, you should be able to access the eMMC as a secondary drive in Linux and that cmd should work, don't forget to set file permissions, and maybe possibly running over ADB this cmd$ ./system/bin/su install
                                Worth a shot. And YES Armbian can be installed and ran from an SDcard for the TX6, never tried editing the eMMC form Armbian myself but good luck!

Would appreciate your further advice on Installing Armbian .
                                1. Where can I get the Armbian images?
                                2. Can Windows PhoenixCard app be used to burn on SDvard or USB pendrive? If not which Windows app can then be used?
                                3. What cautious steps shoud I look out when installing Armbian?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X