No announcement yet.

[ROM] Unofficial OpenELEC for MXIII-G & Tronsmart MXIII+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its an M8S......lol I got it for like 25 dollars.

Comment

Hello.
      I wanted to install Openelec 6.0.3e with toothpick install, but after a Wipe and Factory Reset, I got an install error with each file I've downloaded.
      I've tried to install Openelec through SD card and it works ... is there a way to fix the problem?

I've Mx3-G 2Gb and I'm usign TWRP 2.5.0.0 K200 ... thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by hscotty55 View Post

Installing from the toothpick method is not updating. It is doing a fresh install. The update is done by placing the files in the update folder via PC.
        This is how I've been updating all along without losing any data. Seems something changed in more recent builds.

Comment

Originally posted by eprom101 View Post
          Openelec runs like crap on these devices Im going back to android!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          I bet you have a clone box because Openelec runs fast and flawless on these boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by eprom101 View Post
            its an M8S......lol I got it for like 25 dollars.
            ​That is a clone box! That is what you guys get for buying them cheap from Amazon. When will people learn!!

Comment

Would it be possible to add 2 things:
              1. the second phisical lang keyboard selection (like i openelec progrmas) so I can define a second lang
              2. The unoffical addons, so i can install vnc

This is ofcourse for the libreelec 7 version (zip file install on nanad)
              Now I see the openelec version also does not have these 2 things, How can we get access to them?
              Last edited by alon24; 06-15-2016, 18:46. Reason: more info on OE 6.9.5.3 version

Comment

another question:
                If I want to do this:
                http://openelec.tv/forum/105-keyboar...-request#31349

How can I do this with this build???
                be able to support switching between 2 physical keyboards on screen, it need xorg and also
                setxkbmap -display :0 -layout us,ru -option "grp:rctrl_toggle"

I checked this on an intel machine running OE (not amlogic this version) and it changed my keyboard lang.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help
                Last edited by alon24; 06-15-2016, 19:23.

Comment

Wilro,

After going through several variations of the MXIII-G it looks like they are now shipping the MXIII-C board with 202L1 firmware. This board is not compatible with previous firmware and only flashes with M8S+ firmware. I noticed Bruur's post on how he recovered from brick and tried a stock firmware for Acemax M8S+ burn from PC via Amlogic USB Burning Tool. This worked well to recover and is just an FYI for others with this box...

I then flashed via toothpick Openelec from http://amlinux.ru/image/ and Im running OpenELEC-Amlogic.arm-M8SPlus-6.95.1.1 with all hardware recognized and working well. The box is just as fast as the previous MXIII-G but it does run cooler and doesn't get warm to the touch.

I'm not sure if you want to make a version of OpenElec for this version, I just wanted you to know about the differences and that it is a good piece of hardware... IMO

I'm willing to test for you if you are...

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by MinixCrazy View Post
                    I then flashed via toothpick Openelec from http://amlinux.ru/image/ and Im running OpenELEC-Amlogic.arm-M8SPlus-6.95.1.1 with all hardware recognized and working well. The box is just as fast as the previous MXIII-G but it does run cooler and doesn't get warm to the touch.

I'm not sure if you want to make a version of OpenElec for this version, I just wanted you to know about the differences and that it is a good piece of hardware... IMO

I'm willing to test for you if you are...
                    How about powering the box off? Does this work well with this firmware? I'm (still) on OpenELEC 6.0.0 and the box doesn't power off. The red power button on the remote doesn't power the button off. I remapped it to the Kodi shutdown menu. Selecting Power off results in a reboot and suspend sends it into a deep coma. The only way to get it out of suspend is by unplugging the powerplug and putting it back in again. The button on top of the box doesn't work with this firmware, only to power it on right after inserting the powerplug. So, does the OpenELEC 6.9.5.1.1 firmware solve these issues?

Also, I'm also up for testing! New boxes indeed all come with 201L1 firmware and Netxeon MXIII-C_V1.1 written on the mainboards, I even have the newest boxes underway with Netxeon MXIII-C_V1.2 mainboard. It would help to have an updated version of OpenELEC or better: LibreELEC for these newest model MXIII-G 2GB/16GB boxes!

Comment

wilro_6276 any thoughts about adding support for 2 keyboard langs (phisical keyboard) in setting so I can do a script to change phisical layout?

Comment

I'm up and running dual boot with openelec 6.95.2a. Nice and fast and problem free so far. Unfortunately openvpn is not included in the build, although it is included in OE 7.0 official builds. Including openvpn in this build would helpful and very useful for those of us trying to keep things private and secure.
                        wilro 6276, I hope you will consider this in future builds.

Thanks
                        Last edited by Doggyofone; 06-21-2016, 23:20.
                        I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
                        Ron White

Comment

change the extension of the file, should work

Comment

Originally posted by mazsuper View Post
                            change the extension of the file, should work
                            Changing the ext isn't required. I figured this one out.
                            Last edited by Doggyofone; 06-21-2016, 23:21.
                            I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
                            Ron White

Comment

Originally posted by Doggyofone View Post
                              I'm up and running dual boot with openelec 6.95.2a. Nice and fast and problem free so far. Unfortunately openvpn is not included in the build, although it is included in OE 7.0 official builds. Including openvpn in this build would helpful and very useful for those of us trying to keep things private and secure.
                              wilro 6276, I hope you will consider this in future builds.

Thanks
                              In case you were looking for openvpn for OE/LE, I ran the install for LE from here: Index of LibreElec MX3G wilro and this build http://5.189.137.29/Openelec/MX3G/le...-7.0.1c.img.xz
                              I followed the instructions on page 1, booted and LE installed. I checked the build via ssh using putty and found the openvpn bin where it is supposed to be in /usr/sbin. I installed VPN manager from here: http://openelec.tv/forum/unofficial-...n?limitstart=0
                              and setup my service. I now have a working openvpn.
                              As I found, the pre version 7.0 OE/LE builds do not have openvpn pre-loaded, so you have to install 7.0 builds.
                              Ron White

Comment

Originally posted by hscotty55 View Post

Installing from the toothpick method is not updating. It is doing a fresh install. The update is done by placing the files in the update folder via PC.
                                I have installed extfsd to be able to explore the sd card in Windows. However, I don't see the "update" folder. All I see is aml_autoscript, kernel.img, kernel.img.md5, system and system.md5. I can't explore any of them to find sub folders. How/where do I find the "update" folder?
                                Ron White

Comment

Working...
                                X