Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X96 MAX TV Box BLACK 4/64GB Amlogic S905X2, Android 8.1, Dual WiFi, Gig Lan,USB3.0, BT4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just thinking loud. As it is obvious that all S905X2 boxes have issues somehow, could it be the Android 8 is the real reason for all these problems?

Comment

Originally posted by omaramiromo View Post

What do you mean by not recognize?? My box 4/64 have no problem at all using ethernet port since I purchase it 2 month ago
      As I booted the box the very first time, Ethernat was detected and IP adress has been assigned. However, the performance was poor (i.e. I had internet access but it failed to connect to my home server. Then I tried WLAN and everthing worked fine. But since then, I never had Ethernet anymore - even not after a full reset...

I read that I am not alone - may be there are different HW versions around ?

Comment

Originally posted by laola View Post

As I booted the box the very first time, Ethernat was detected and IP adress has been assigned. However, the performance was poor (i.e. I had internet access but it failed to connect to my home server. Then I tried WLAN and everthing worked fine. But since then, I never had Ethernet anymore - even not after a full reset...

I read that I am not alone - may be there are different HW versions around ?
        That sounds more like an issue with the Ethernet port.

I have see other Ethernet issues reported, like low speed or not able to performcertain tasks, but nowhere that they couldn't connect at all

Comment

I received my X96 Max this morning and Ethernet seems to work perfectly as does WiFi. However, FTMC will not work with this device and Kodi reports "detected problems with app native libraries" which I believe is an Android problem. Only 2 of my 4 external drives are recognised. These drives do work as they should though.

I tried alternative firmware but it would not install from SD card or from USB Burning Tool, I received the same error as I did from my H96 in fact.

In conclusion I will keep the box this time as most of it works. I must await a firmware update that will allow more USB external mounts. I recall this mount problem in my Minix X8H Plus box but it was corrected in an update.

EDIT: SPMC doesn't work either while Krypton throws up an error "detected problems with app native libraries" on start but does play my external media.

I wonder who I would report errors to in this case? The box is unbranded.
          Last edited by Charlie_Boy; 01-21-2019, 17:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post
            Just thinking loud. As it is obvious that all S905X2 boxes have issues somehow, could it be the Android 8 is the real reason for all these problems?
            I think all of them have issues as you say but who do we report errors to? The sellers know less than us about it in most cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Boy View Post

I think all of them have issues as you say but who do we report errors to? The sellers know less than us about it in most cases.
              You can't report to anyone as i think all these boxes, except Beelink and Mecool, are manufactured by a myriad of Chinese factories.

The only thing you can do is waiting until Amlogic or Android fixes something.

For the time being I don't touch any of those S905X2 boxes, however I think they are promising once things get sorted, we only don't know how long it will take.

Remember the S912 boxes also had loads of issues first 6 months after release.

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post

You can't report to anyone as i think all these boxes, except Beelink and Mecool, are manufactured by a myriad of Chinese factories.

The only thing you can do is waiting until Amlogic or Android fixes something.

For the time being I don't touch any of those S905X2 boxes, however I think they are promising once things get sorted, we only don't know how long it will take.

Remember the S912 boxes also had loads of issues first 6 months after release.
                If we can't report errors they may never be fixed.

Comment

Thats the problem with these resellers (not helpful) while conveniently the manufacturers escape from being held accountable as they are mostly never publicized as to who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Venusflytrap View Post
                    Thats the problem with these resellers (not helpful) while conveniently the manufacturers escape from being held accountable as they are mostly never publicized as to who they are.
                    I can live with mine 'as is' but need the mounts working,only 2 isn't enough.

Comment

Not cool that they ship these things out before doing the beta testing first. Unfortunately, the consumers get stuck with these not-ready-for-primetime boxes.

Comment

Not cool that they ship these things out before doing the beta testing first. Unfortunately, the consumers get stuck with these not-ready-for-primetime boxes.
                        I think they operate on a shoestring and use the money brought in from sales to work on the firmware. So we get essentially just the hardware and a promise of more to come.

Comment

On a positive note, since receiving my X96 MAX in late December there have been 3 updates. So at least it looks like the manufacturer is trying to sort things out. Compared to my execrable Tanix TX28 (still in beta since last July and gathering dust in the loft), I'm pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by glaven View Post
                            On a positive note, since receiving my X96 MAX in late December there have been 3 updates. So at least it looks like the manufacturer is trying to sort things out. Compared to my execrable Tanix TX28 (still in beta since last July and gathering dust in the loft), I'm pleasantly surprised.
                            Yes agreed I updated completely unexpectedly this morning. It was only optimisations though. My problem with mounts remains. Hoping for more updates soon.

Comment

Do you notice any changes or improvements with this "system optimization update"?

Comment

Do you notice any changes or improvements with this "system optimization update"?
                                No not at all. I only use the box for viewing movies from external drives via USB though. It was pretty fast before optimisation to be fair. It starts quick and shuts down quick.

Comment

Working...
                                X