Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL KM9 Android TV Voice Remote Amlogic S905X2 A8.1 4/32 Dual Wifi Fast lan BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried that also, no change, stops at 3% everytime, tried 3 Rom's as well, 2 from Magendanz and then tried to put the stock back in, no luck!

Comment

Originally posted by SJMoore View Post
      Tried that also, no change, stops at 3% everytime, tried 3 Rom's as well, 2 from Magendanz and then tried to put the stock back in, no luck!
      You HAVE to use the USB Burning Tool version, 2.1.6.8, otherwise it will not install. I am talking from experience..........
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Thanks Clark, still not working, now stops at 10% '[10:32:50 919][HUB1-3][Err]--[0x30403003]UBOOT/Partition logo/Download buffer/Data tranfer error'. ughh!

Comment

Thanks Clark, still not working, now stops at 10% '[10:32:50 919][HUB1-3][Err]--[0x30403003]UBOOT/Partition logo/Download buffer/Data tranfer error'. ughh!
          Strange, this is one of the easiest boxes that I have for burning new firmware's. I don't use the USB 2 port on my computer, because it does not supply enough power. I use a powered HUB, that is connected to a rear USB port on my computer.

I have swapped multiple firmware's, on this device, the only one that won't install for me is the GT1 mini port from Xannytech.

So, try a different USB port on your computer. Also try a different firmware.
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Progress!! finally after about 10 attempts, got it to install successfully, but the version that worked, isn't compatible with my remote (non voice remote) can't get past the scanning screen.

Comment

Progress!! finally after about 10 attempts, got it to install successfully, but the version that worked, isn't compatible with my remote (non voice remote) can't get past the scanning screen.
              If you have an Android phone, use that to connect to the Bluetooth on your box, it may work. Also, try different IR remotes to see if it works. I have an IR remote for an older box that I have had for years, and it works like a charm.

Comment

No other remote is pairing, out of options, I hate to have to go through the Burning process again.
                I have a Tanix TX9pro, never had a problem with it. this box...ughhh!

Comment

No other remote is pairing, out of options, I hate to have to go through the Burning process again.
                  I have a Tanix TX9pro, never had a problem with it. this box...ughhh!
                  When I search for Bluetooth devices from my LG Android phone, it sees this box right away......... Then use that Android app on your phone to control it.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Then use that Android app on your phone to control it.
                    What app is that?
                    Yes, my phone sees the Km9 via BT, but it doesn't have infrared, I'm unable to use it as a remote.

Comment

What app is that?
                      Yes, my phone sees the Km9 via BT, but it doesn't have infrared, I'm unable to use it as a remote.
                      Try the Android TV app. It will pair with your box.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Try the Android TV app. It will pair with your box.
                        Tried, app couldn't find the device, but it shows up on my phone under BT paired devices.
                        Is there any way to get past that damn screen? anyone have a km9 compatible voice remote they don't need? lol

Comment

Tried, app couldn't find the device, but it shows up on my phone under BT paired devices.
                          Is there any way to get past that damn screen? anyone have a km9 compatible voice remote they don't need? lol
                          When you selected your device on your phone from the Bluetooth selection, on your TV there should have been 4 alphanumeric characters that you type in to your phone Bluetooth setting.

Or order one of those $10 voice remotes with a dongle.

Comment

just insert a mouse or a keyboard and go through the setup then pair your remote through bluetooth(hold vol down and ok i think)

Comment

Thanks for your input, that's actually the first thing I tried when my remote didn't work, I just can't get out of the remote setup screen, the power button and vol works on my remote, but not when I press vol - & OK together, which is what you have to do to pair the remote.
                              My only options are, replace the firmware again with the stock 20181205 update from sd card (really don't want to use usb burner pc method after the hassle I had)
                              or pick up another remote and hope it works, although there's no guarantee in that.

Comment

A question...Are there any hardware differences between the two Km9 versions (regular remote/voice remote) or is it simply different firmware?

Comment

Working...
                                X