No announcement yet.

H96 MAX X2 Amlogic S905X2 Android 8.1 4/32GB Dual Band WiFi Fast LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried, but sometimes the box is restarted. The problem is with the Google play sign in. Good things are youtube 4k, navigation bar and the enter button on the keyboard work.

Comment

Sold my box...

Comment

Returned my box to the dealer, was refunded, and an X96 Max is on its way to me. I hope for better luck with this model.

Comment

I think the above 2 posts are a great help in me deciding if i should buy this box, though not sure if any of the alternatives are much better.

Think I gonna avoid the S905X2 boxes for another few months at least

Comment

The Box ja Not that bad, I sold it Because I am Looking for wide range compatible box suppprted by an Android TV rom.
            Magisk root works in h96 max!

Comment

Ethernet is very good but wifi is terrible. I am thinking whether opening the box and adjusting the antenna will solve my problem or will i need to add external antenna? if latter, will it work with usb antenna because it already has an internal antenna why will it shift to usb antenna on its own? which makes me think i will have to remove internal one and solder new coaxial antenna.

Comment

yes...my h96pro by far better wifi

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Boy View Post
                  Returned my box to the dealer, was refunded, and an X96 Max is on its way to me. I hope for better luck with this model.
                  Sad that you sold it. You were just supposed to press reset button to get it to flash. I spent 8 hours doing all sorts of mistakes getting all sorts of errors yellow exclamation driver issues.
                  When you connect the box successfully, press the reset button and then hit start then you can let go of the reset button and it will flash 100% successfully.

Comment

Originally posted by romcrazy View Post

Sad that you sold it. You were just supposed to press reset button to get it to flash. I spent 8 hours doing all sorts of mistakes getting all sorts of errors yellow exclamation driver issues.
                    When you connect the box successfully, press the reset button and then hit start then you can let go of the reset button and it will flash 100% successfully.
                    It is sad as I liked the box and I went through the hassle of returning it. I wish I could try that for myself.

Comment

It is sad as I liked the box and I went through the hassle of returning it. I wish I could try that for myself.
                      Yes yesterday was 3rd day of me having the box and I decided to flash new firmware but being a newb i messed up from the word go. I did lots of mistakes and bricked it nicely, began worrying I had wasted my money cursing myself. Then I tried on another pc and it got detected and i found some hope but it was not flashing. I system restored my own pc 3 times because everytime error came, my device manager lost the ability to correctly identify it, foolish me realized after 3 restores that i should try once to press reset, and it got immediately detected and flashed the whole thing and i was left happy and embarrassed as I have always considered myself a pro at flashing phones. and then irony struck at me, and I remembered Trebor's advice to me back when i had opened my first thread on freaktab. I had asked people opinions about buying box, and Trebor said and I quote "With these boxes its not the destination but the journey that matters". So true and I laughed at myself because my journey had just begun. I dont think I have even scratched the surface yet. Its worth it. The madness, the rush, eureka moment is all true.

Comment

Yes yesterday was 3rd day of me having the box and I decided to flash new firmware but being a newb i messed up from the word go. I did lots of mistakes and bricked it nicely, began worrying I had wasted my money cursing myself. Then I tried on another pc and it got detected and i found some hope but it was not flashing. I system restored my own pc 3 times because everytime error came, my device manager lost the ability to correctly identify it, foolish me realized after 3 restores that i should try once to press reset, and it got immediately detected and flashed the whole thing and i was left happy and embarrassed as I have always considered myself a pro at flashing phones. and then irony struck at me, and I remembered Trebor's advice to me back when i had opened my first thread on freaktab. I had asked people opinions about buying box, and Trebor said and I quote "With these boxes its not the destination but the journey that matters". So true and I laughed at myself because my journey had just begun. I dont think I have even scratched the surface yet. Its worth it. The madness, the rush, eureka moment is all true.
                        Mine was detected but the burning program would just not even start burning. I thought it was cables but it was not after buying a new one and failing with the same error. I almost feel like buying another to try it again. Reset was the one thing I did not do as the device was detected. My unit only had one error, one, the same one over and over and over again. I felt like I had hit a brick wall so returned it. And the flashing process lasted 0.1 seconds. The only time that I have used the reset button when flashing a unit was when powering on which then initiated the flash as in the Minix X8H Plus and the M8 when you first get it and OTA is unavailable. I think that is known as the SD method.

Comment

Yes that happened to me also. The box threw random errors at me. enum error, initialize ddr error, a bootloader erase error, the famous usb control error. it had too many errors for me at one point i even felt the box was taking its anger out on me then after 5 errors, it got stuck at 9 % and i did a mistake of pulling the cord, that where my pc stopped detecting, showing exclamation yellow device description failed error. i used different machine and it detected correctly, so i proceeded to restore my machine and it got detected but on flashing, it errored at 2 % and then the exclamation yellow returned to haunt me, and i got into a loop, trying different options after every restore and getting errors followed by non detection. then i found a comment on xda about the reset thing and it worked. i got so happy i repeated the flash two times with all boxes checked to make sure it was not a one time fluke. i have made an account on 4pda now and 12 pages worth of advices and roms are there. beelink poison hellish mixture i will download tonight and tomorrow sunday will be a feast day with all the roms and my box.

Fyi : your latest reply to my comment is unapproved so i quoted this previous reply. And also, latest firmware is worse than first, flickers and air mouse drag problem which was not there in original stock are present in this. i will go back to original one i have that too but first i will try all the different roms and i will keep an eye on 4pda because there those crazy guys keep churning out ports. far ahead of xda who dont even know this box exists yet. thank

Comment

Yes that happened to me also. The box threw random errors at me. enum error, initialize ddr error, a bootloader erase error, the famous usb control error. it had too many errors for me at one point i even felt the box was taking its anger out on me then after 5 errors, it got stuck at 9 % and i did a mistake of pulling the cord, that where my pc stopped detecting, showing exclamation yellow device description failed error. i used different machine and it detected correctly, so i proceeded to restore my machine and it got detected but on flashing, it errored at 2 % and then the exclamation yellow returned to haunt me, and i got into a loop, trying different options after every restore and getting errors followed by non detection. then i found a comment on xda about the reset thing and it worked. i got so happy i repeated the flash two times with all boxes checked to make sure it was not a one time fluke. i have made an account on 4pda now and 12 pages worth of advices and roms are there. beelink poison hellish mixture i will download tonight and tomorrow sunday will be a feast day with all the roms and my box.

Fyi : your latest reply to my comment is unapproved so i quoted this previous reply. And also, latest firmware is worse than first, flickers and air mouse drag problem which was not there in original stock are present in this. i will go back to original one i have that too but first i will try all the different roms and i will keep an eye on 4pda because there those crazy guys keep churning out ports. far ahead of xda who dont even know this box exists yet. thank
                            They think I am a spammer. Not so I have no connection with droidbox beyond being an old customer. Most of my purchases are made via Aliexpress or ****. Ah so I would've been left with further frustration due to more buggy firmware had I successfully upgraded. My main problem via the default firmware was that it lost mounts intermittently and everything was slow to open. When it did work though I was impressed, this wasn't often enough to keep.

Comment

They think I am a spammer. Not so I have no connection with droidbox beyond being an old customer. Most of my purchases are made via Aliexpress or ****. Ah so I would've been left with further frustration due to more buggy firmware had I successfully upgraded. My main problem via the default firmware was that it lost mounts intermittently and everything was slow to open. When it did work though I was impressed, this wasn't often enough to keep.
                              I guess you did get a bad box because my box on original 17 november formware was very solid and stable even with tk668m air mouse remote with back keyboard and voice control in 2.0 usb and 1tb hdd in 3.0 hdd. even now mounts are stable but air mouse drags a lot it was very responsive on original firmware. besides on successful upgradation, now the software is buggy so i will just downgrade. you can always downgrade a bad firmware. i dont see how a bad upgrade will be a permanent problem. but since your stock firmware had mount problem, i guess you are better off without faulty box. i am scared to shop on aliexpress, i heard they downprice stuff and my country is tightening custom norms if they suspect downpricing they open the parcel, and penalize so i wanted correct invoice, and banggood had direct mail which made sure no duty was imposed.

If I may ask, what is droidbox? a company? i have heard this word thrown around on 4pda a lot.

Comment

Yes droidbox are a company that I bought an M8 from a few years ago. I think they split to form two separate companies and one became know as entertainment box or something. I have had no problems with customs but I am waiting for a torch baton which is late and may have been intercepted. I think some sellers do declare items as cheaper than they actually are or use gift but as I say, never had a problem. My box was a real bitch, the only advice the seller would give was do a system restore, which did nothing whatsoever.

I haven't used 4PDA but will in future, thanks for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X