H96 MAX X2 Amlogic S905X2 Android 8.1 4/32GB Dual Band WiFi Fast LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by romcrazy View Post

yes beelink is very good firmware, although what launcher problem you are having?

also, i replaced the cable with a costlier one and now no more errors no more disconnects no more no detections. perfect flashings and yes like you said, its now flashing without power cord and without reset button.

Comment

And what problems do you have on other firmwares apart from 4k? Are there enough 4k videos yet?

Comment

The picture is not clear when on 4K TV have 1080p. Just like when you have a 720p on 1080p TV. 4K is a problem on the original firmware and HK1. At GT 1 mini 113 the launcher that not shows the location, android tv youtube 2.02.08 ejected constant message that has stopped working.

Comment

Originally posted by gale View Post
          The picture is not clear when on 4K TV have 1080p. Just like when you have a 720p on 1080p TV. 4K is a problem on the original firmware and HK1. At GT 1 mini 113 the launcher that not shows the location, android tv youtube 2.02.08 ejected constant message that has stopped working.
          Oh yes beelink has the youtube app stopped message too. Can I ask and this is because I really dont know my box experience is just a week old, are many movies coming in 4k now is it time for me to upgrade my tv? and although i used android tv youtube i didnt understand why we need it when regular youtube app is available. about the location, you could use previous version of launcher i think that should work fine, you might be able to replace stock beelink launcher in system apps but it has a whole messed up permission scenario that I have never tried. I myself would just change the launcher i used nova on stock, but later got leanback from xda although its good it doesnt let you see all apps together. Which launcher would you recommend? and how are android tv launcher better than normal mobile launchers?

You could try other roms too if beelink doesn't work for you. Dont use hellish mixture though it has same launcher as beelink and same location issue.

Comment

Oh yes beelink has the youtube app stopped message too. Can I ask and this is because I really dont know my box experience is just a week old, are many movies coming in 4k now is it time for me to upgrade my tv? and although i used android tv youtube i didnt understand why we need it when regular youtube app is available. about the location, you could use previous version of launcher i think that should work fine, you might be able to replace stock beelink launcher in system apps but it has a whole messed up permission scenario that I have never tried. I myself would just change the launcher i used nova on stock, but later got leanback from xda although its good it doesnt let you see all apps together. Which launcher would you recommend? and how are android tv launcher better than normal mobile launchers?

You could try other roms too if beelink doesn't work for you. Dont use hellish mixture though it has same launcher as beelink and same location issue.
            Youtube 2:02:08 for what he is doing 4K and there is an option link with tv code. LightHome launcher has the same problem on all Beelink android devices. The problem is solved by a few days, when for the GT1 mini released a new firmware. Lighthome 1.1.4 apk that I pulled out of the new firmware instaled System / app but still the same problem. 1080p TV is enough.

Comment

Youtube 2:02:08 for what he is doing 4K and there is an option link with tv code. LightHome launcher has the same problem on all Beelink android devices. The problem is solved by a few days, when for the GT1 mini released a new firmware. Lighthome 1.1.4 apk that I pulled out of the new firmware instaled System / app but still the same problem. 1080p TV is enough.
              okay thanks. try other roms though. good luck

Comment

New USB Burning Tool 2.1.7.0 and latest firmware dated 20190114
                https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...t3885871/page4

Comment

New USB Burning Tool 2.1.7.0 and latest firmware dated 20190114
                  https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...t3885871/page4
                  Windows blocked access to this file. You sure it's not a trojan?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Boy View Post

No problems on my computer.

Comment

No problems on my computer.
                      I am using Windows 7 and it won't let me anywhere near the .exe file. If I try to export to another folder from the zip I get an empty receiving folder, and a warning that Windows has blocked access to the file. Not sure which part of Windows is involved, it could be Defender or something else but I do not have an antivirus installed. I don't use Windows I use Linux so I am not very up to date on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Boy View Post

So now it decides to let me use it. I have not got a clue why it blocked me. Maybe it's time for a fresh install. Thanks for the link.

Comment

• trebor
                          trebor commented
                          Editing a comment
                          If it was just an EXE file to RUN and Windows does not know, it can be a little overprotective
                          Its a Windows thing

Can the developers please tell me how to add wifi drivers to custom roms? Most roms seem to boot up fine with working air mouse and keyboard but wifi doesn't work. If I unpack the img and replace vendor/etc/wifi folder from stock rom will it start detecting wifi?

Comment

Can the developers please tell me how to add wifi drivers to custom roms? Most roms seem to boot up fine with working air mouse and keyboard but wifi doesn't work. If I unpack the img and replace vendor/etc/wifi folder from stock rom will it start detecting wifi?
                          You have to build a new kernel with a new wifi driver.
                          Then change the wifi settings in the dtb file.
                          You also need to add the userspace drivers to the system image.
                          Perhaps you also need to make changes to the boot image.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Is there a step by step guide to do it somewhere? I have been looking since morning. The closest I have come is this https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-roms-t3555933 I am in the process of doing this. Not the boot img part. When you scroll to middle of post in bugs and fixes, there is a fix for wifi, involving porting etc/wifi and files in system/bin.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

There are other ported roms on which wifi works, maybe I could takeout their kernel and put it in the rom i want along with the above mentioned fix?

Comment

• mo123
                                mo123 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                If they use exactly the same kernel version.
                            Working...
                            X