H96 MAX X2 Amlogic S905X2 Android 8.1 4/32GB Dual Band WiFi Fast LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gatos814 View Post

I also use a USB 3.0 cable without any problem....
    Use the USB 2.0 port of the tv box for flashing!
    Also use the latest burning tool with the licence inside!
    And also push start in the flash tool and then connect the box!
    Good luck!
    This is the error I get whatever I try.
    Code:
    -901f-00c04fb951ed}  0x00000198
    [11:55:29 205][HUB5-1][Inf]--Connect path=Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 2836/P0/P0
    [11:55:29 205][HUB5-1][Inf]--Start burning...
    [11:55:29 267][HUB5-1][Inf]--------------ERASE BOOTLOADER------------
    [11:55:29 376][HUB5-1][Inf]--start SendIdentifyCmd
    [11:55:33 151][HUB5-1][Err]--IOCTL_IDENTIFY_HOST_Handler ret=-5 error_msg=libusb0-dll:err [control_msg] sending control message failed, win error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Boy View Post

This is the error I get whatever I try.
      Code:
      -901f-00c04fb951ed} 0x00000198
      [11:55:29 205][HUB5-1][Inf]--Connect path=Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 2836/P0/P0
      [11:55:29 205][HUB5-1][Inf]--Start burning...
      [11:55:29 267][HUB5-1][Inf]--------------ERASE BOOTLOADER------------
      [11:55:29 376][HUB5-1][Inf]--start SendIdentifyCmd
      [11:55:33 151][HUB5-1][Err]--IOCTL_IDENTIFY_HOST_Handler ret=-5 error_msg=libusb0-dll:err [control_msg] sending control message failed, win error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.
      Hmm...
      It seems you have some windows issues...
      Try to update the drivers , also look here for this ''libusb0-dll:err'' :http://forum.eleksmaker.com/topic/10...usb0-dll-error
      Good luck!

Comment

Successfully rooted 2/16 model using MAGISK!

Working recovery here: recovery u211 thanks Guest

1. Rename recoevery to recovery.img
        2. Put recovery.img to root of micro-sd
        3. Insert micros sd card into device
        4. Keep pushing recovery button insode AV hole and keep pushing while pluggin in power supply
        5. TWRP launches

Comment

Can I flash the firmware img via the modded recovery?

Comment

Originally posted by gatos814 View Post

Hmm...
            It seems you have some windows issues...
            Try to update the drivers , also look here for this ''libusb0-dll:err'' :http://forum.eleksmaker.com/topic/10...usb0-dll-error
            Good luck!
            Tried that mate and I get the exact result. That .dll file is a part of the Amlogic USB software and it goes into that folder, I replaced it but it was exactly the same.

All I can do now is return it to the seller who although is Chinese is based in London so not so much hassle. He sent me a link to the firmware for an entirely different machine so I don't think he will manage to flash it either. I don't want a refund, I like the hardware specs, so if he can provide me with a functional replacement I will be happy. Thanks anyway to everyone that tried.

Comment

Charlie_Boy : Do not understand.

That is what I got: You want to flash bootable twrp through twrp and exchange stock, right?

I did not try that but it is likely to work! But I would not do this since you can bootup TWRP anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
                Charlie_Boy : Do not understand.

That is what I got: You want to flash bootable twrp through twrp and exchange stock, right?

I did not try that but it is likely to work! But I would not do this since you can bootup TWRP anyway...
                Yes. I'd like to flash the device via the recovery just like a phone. I've done so many times in a phone and I wondered whether it could be done via the recovery on an Android TV box. That would mean I wouldn't have to send it back as I could easily upgrade using the recovery.

As far as I know the box is rooted when delivered so I do not need to root it.

Comment

Ok, understand.

Let everything as is!

You can easily bootup CUSTOM RECOVERY this way:

1. Get Magendanz TWRP build img.
                  2. put it on SD card root and insert it into box
                  3. Keep pushing recovery button inside AV hole while plugging power cord to box
                  4. Hold for another like 5 secs
                  5. Box boots into TWRP temporarily!

Box will boot into TWRP and let's you flash anything!

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
                    Ok, understand.

Let everything as is!

You can easily bootup CUSTOM RECOVERY this way:

1. Get Magendanz TWRP build img.
                    2. put it on SD card root and insert it into box
                    3. Keep pushing recovery button inside AV hole while plugging power cord to box
                    4. Hold for another like 5 secs
                    5. Box boots into TWRP temporarily!

Box will boot into TWRP and let's you flash anything!
                    If I remember rightly TWRP requires the update Android image to be in .zip format. I only have the .img update file for the H96 Max X2 box. I could be wrong though as it's been a while since I did my phone. I don't know where to find the correct recovery for this box.

Comment

The only image I have is a raw image. I think I need a recovery and a factory file plus an image to flash using the SD card. So it's being posted back to seller. Thanks anyway but I am defeated.

Comment

You can launch .img recovery by placing it into root of micro sd and bootup while holding recovery button in AV hole. Its common, same with S905x and so on...

.zip recovery can mostly be launched through stock or be flashed

Comment

This is the only link I have to software and video showing how to update firmware.

Code:
                           https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_MC_YaXmv7z2_f9qPpSFyxixhu7JjNBi

Comment

Tried burn card maker with the default recovery but it wouldn't even see the .img file on the SD card. So no chance it is faulty.

Comment

If the installation does not reach 100%, try again but without the power adapter. Only usb.

Comment

XTMOD_GT1MINI_1.0_PUBLIC_to_aml_s905x2_H96MaxX2_4g-Multi-port hellish mixture

https://yadi.sk/d/M2jafH9S8Qup7g

Got it from 4PDA!
                                Enjoy it!

Comment

Working...
                                X