[Firmware Stock] OTA MECOOL M8S PRO L ANDROID 7.1 AMLOGIC S912

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doktor-X View Post
    Is launcher mecool or androidtv on latest firmware and how do you get this latest releases?
    Android TV http://freaktab.org/4c6101e17e68e78c

Comment

I did not ask wheare is link to firmware i wanted to ask Magendanz how is he getting this files

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        That last one came directly from VideoStrong, but we usually get them from the online retailers like everyone else.

Originally posted by Iosub View Post
      Hi guys,

I just got my Mecool M8S PRO L out of the box. Having trouble with the wifi OTA didn't work.

I have it stock and I would like to keep it like that for a while. This update you just shared can (and should?) I use it for a manual update of the box or should I go for the nexus?

I've read a bunch of comments on how much the nexus kicks ass regarding the stock rom but does it really? Downside and upsides?

Thanks.
      Last edited by paposeco; 01-11-2018, 17:14.

Comment

I have seen that amlogic started to release oreo kernel for S905 and 805x so lets hope for 912 and that videostrong build oreo rom

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
          Here's a link to the full burn package for the 20171216.102705.V0928 OEM firmware: http://freaktab.org/581ac9d6b390e622

Note that I've confirmed that the wake from sleep works now...but it's taking about 28 seconds. I'm not sure what they're doing, but it should take only 2-3 seconds.
          Oh my... i will wait till they fix that 28 seconds...

Also if we have a dialog with VideoStrong now, please tell them to include working live wallpaper as the live picker is not present or working on oem, but it is quite simple to add it.

Originally posted by Doktor-X View Post
          I have seen that amlogic started to release oreo kernel for S905 and 805x so lets hope for 912 and that videostrong build oreo rom
          http://openlinux.amlogic.com/Android/Mbox
          Is there any real advantage over 7.x roms? I think not.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Can you even use the LiveWallpapersPicker with the Android TV Launcher? I didn't think you could.

Nope, ATV launcher don't support live wallpaper, to be honest, it doesn't support anything really and is the single most pathetic choice google ever made, but still you need live wallpaper picker to use it if you change the launcher, so if it was there, there would be no need to install it every time you update rom. And the funny fact is, oreo ATV launcher is even worse than the 7.x, i just dont get it, why the made it so bad.

If only we could have normal play store on ATV, another bad google decision, that would be a perfect box, tried to do it, but detect non atv i guess or crashes, maybe it can be done, but i would need to know if the play store app checks if the box is ATV and then wont run.

Comment

Originally posted by Iosub View Post
            Bluetooth does not work on this

Comment

I'm still on this firmware:

M8S_PRO_L-ota-20171109.180937.V0928

I've noticed the bluetooth doesn't work on this one, either (doesn't work with my Rii mini keyboard remote).

Is there any version of stock firmware for this box that the bluetooth works on?

Comment

Bluetooth works on my Magendanz ATV and other OEMs

To get devices to Pair you have to use the More Settings > Bluetooth Menu (thanks to clarkss12 )
                The main Remote and Accessories Menu can be used to delete / forget devices.

My Rii KBDs pair OK, but one of them only has the mouse pad - the KBD and cursor arrows don't work ??
                The other one works fully, but when it wakes or sleeps it disconnects the stream in ALL4 and UKTVPlay (maybe other catchups as well)

Comment

My Bluetooth Gamepad G910 will not pair on any of my Mecool Pro or L boxes. The Bluetooth module used in these boxes are different from other boxes I have, and my gamepad pairs easily with them.
                  MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Hi Magendanz,

If possible, with your connections to VS, can you get them to supply the latest OEM
                    20180205.111652.V0928
                    as there seem to be some changes for the BT Voice Remote and probably other things (they seem to have broken HW Acceleration for SPMC ???).

They have also made everything really BIG and I do prefer your more laid back design

Thanks,
                    Pete

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      trebor got a raw snapshot of this for me from the M8S PRO L he was sent. I've converted it to a burn package and copied it here: http://freaktab.org/3cf0bbd6ddb21c8e

Note that this is not exactly what will be in the OEM release, because I have to repack the raw images and trim the bootloader image by hand. However, we're not getting anything out of VS or the online retailers until after the Chinese New Year.

Unfortunatly i'm not capable to upgrade using img, so please someone can create an OTA ZIP ?
                    Is possible?
                    thanks

Comment

1 comment
                      • Magendanz
                        #146.1

Magendanz commented
                        03-02-2018, 01:54

trebor got a raw snapshot of this for me from the M8S PRO L he was sent. I've converted it to a burn package and copied it here: http://freaktab.org/3cf0bbd6ddb21c8e

Note that this is not exactly what will be in the OEM release, because I have to repack the raw images and trim the bootloader image by hand. However, we're not getting anything out of VS or the online retailers until after the Chinese New Year.
                      Thanks.
                      No idea how to repack raw, trim a bootloader, or anything else you manage to do so miraculously !!!

Will you be doing an ATV from this one ?

Comment

Just to verify are rom's for new and old pro l compatible?
                        Last edited by Doktor-X; 03-02-2018, 19:55.

Comment

Guest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You mean M8S PRO vs. M8S PRO L? The kernel and system images are compatible, but the bootloader isn't.

Originally posted by Deanff3 View Post

Bluetooth does not work on this

Strange is that in Sixaxis-Controller it works.

Comment

Working...
                        X