Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro L TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitalycool View Post
    Hi everyone, my first post, just registered.
    I'm here because i'm very new to the TV box's world with my brand new MeCool M8S Pro L (LB version) from Gearbest.
    Like others have said, we (LB owners) have to do our part now to help Guest to help us with this new Mecool version.
    I think that we can easily afford a little donation to a Paypal account he prefers to make him buy the box.
    We are more and more everyday that are just asking for free, now it's time to give something back for his hard and valuable work.
    Just 1$ or 1€ or a little more it's not so much for everyone but is far enough than 0.
    Consider me of the group, let's make it.
    Hi,
    I agree with you and I Think the other M8S Pro "LB version" Owners will do the same.It not a matter of 1€ or 1$ .
    But, Does Magendanz is able and ready to Build a ROM for LB version ? this is the question !!!

Comment

Some posts ago he stated that he isn't allowed to purchase another TV box "since I have dozens already littering my office floor", so he is clearly facing the most difficult and delicate problem of the universe for a man : an angry wife...
      Very tricky business.
      So he deserves our help! Since others LB owners have flashed his previous rom losing only bluetooth and wifi, i don't think that merging the related drivers would be such an issue at all.
      And maybe, if we are lucky enough, now he is dying to get his hands on it, to win another challenge with the new toy.
      Come on guys, spread the word!
      Last edited by Mitalycool; 09-29-2018, 17:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitalycool View Post
        Some posts ago he stated that he isn't allowed to purchase another TV box "since I have dozens already littering my office floor", so he is clearly facing the most difficult and delicate problem of the universe for a man : an angry wife...
        Very tricky business.
        So he deserves our help! Since others LB owners have flashed his previous rom losing only bluetooth and wifi, i don't think that merging the related drivers would be such an issue at all.
        And maybe, if we are lucky enough, now he is dying to get his hands on it, to win another challange with the new toy.
        Come on guys, spread the word!
        Agree! Let's make it!

Comment

Originally posted by Snakx View Post
          You can just put twrp.Img (rename recovery.img) in sdcard with magisk.zip.
          You can use twrp in live mode without install
          After You can use the magisk manager for install module and update magisk.

Envoyé de mon XT1562 en utilisant Tapatalk
          This can work on m8s pro L LB version?

Comment

Hi,
            I had the same issue on my box (LB box with BT voice remote ) : the last update 20180803.173707.V0213 failed with status 7 error message. I'm not a geek or (Code Man) but I'm engineer so I've tried to understand and find a solution .
            Fortunately , After many test , I Succed and my box is Updated Now .I share my solution .Hope it can help you and works .
            Please let me know and others members if it works for you!!

1- Step 1:
            Download ROM 20180316.143701.V0213 here : http://freaktab.org/a28c3f52268572bb . This is the stock rom for LB boxes with BT voice remote, ATV version .
            And Flash the ROM With Amlogic USB Burning

2- Step 2 :
            Download OTA 20180417.150752.V0213 here : https://mega.nz/#F!YNw1HarI!6KT6bK34cEzxte0htOmFdA .
            Copy the Zip File to a Blanck USB device.
            Insert the USB device in the box
            Do a "Local Update"
            If done right, you should see your Zip file. So click and go ahead.

3- Step 3 :
            If done right (Step 1 & 2) , your box is Properly updated .
            You have just to perform the update OTA 20180803.173707.V0213

4- Step 4
            That's it
            Enjoy
            Tried the above again using burn tool instead of SD. Took a few tries with the burn tool using terminal app to reboot to update. Finally succeeded. now back to latest update. Thanks for the advice. Now to hide root from local TV on demand apps.

Comment

Can the SPDIF out transmit surround? if yes what is a good cable to use?

Comment

Originally posted by Darwin View Post

Agree! Let's make it!
                Agreed

Comment

Is anyone with overheating issues? i want to know if theres a way i could downcycle the cpu and gpu (SoC) so it wouldnt get hot that much... sometimes the hardware "halts" to protect the components (in kodi, eveything "pauses", i get black screen and no sound for a few seconds) and i already have the top part of the box open so the dissipator on SoC dissipates more heat than if it was top covered... anyone with the same issues? (my motherboard could also not be in good conditions, so im trying to exclude that hypotesis).

I used to let the box on all day (and night), but i'm obligated to take off the power cable now.

Ah.. my HW version is LQ.
                  Last edited by TiagoDM; 10-13-2018, 13:15. Reason: added two last paragraphs

Comment

The overheating is a known issue with this box . I also leave mine on every single day and night and the hottest my box has been is around 50C. But that's cause I bought a USB powered CPU fan and my box sits on it . I'll advice u do the same. They cost around $5 - $10

Comment

Originally posted by newkind View Post
                      After modifying my cooling I got rid of the "No Signal" issue after couple hours, however even with latest rom from Guest the issue with self shutdown is still there. I noticed that it always happens when you rapidly push buttons on the remote ie. when you are quickly jumping through the letters on the screen keyboard suddenly "Shutdown..." popup appears and box turns off itself in next couple of seconds.
                      Had this issue before (just catching up on the thread so apologies if this has already been said).
                      Edit - Just read this has been said - sorry for repeat !

It is a faulty remote issue - a different remote will fix it. I was lucky and had a spare to confirm.
                      The $10 TikiGoGo 2.4G Air Mouse Remote with mic should work and is a big upgrade over std. IR and std. BTVoice remotes.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwin View Post

Agree! Let's make it!

Agree! Let's make it too!

Comment

My LB version came with non working wifi/bt so I installed the latest Magendanz rom since I would be the same after it.. Now ethernet works fine and chrome cast built in shows up on my mobile etc but I can't cast to it.. Is this normal?

Comment

No more issues with the latest YouTube version and this Rom (and the stock rom on the LQ model, for that matter)

Comment

Anyone able to use chromecast?

Comment

Originally posted by Intrinsic View Post
                                The overheating is a known issue with this box . I also leave mine on every single day and night and the hottest my box has been is around 50C. But that's cause I bought a USB powered CPU fan and my box sits on it . I'll advice u do the same. They cost around $5 - $10
                                will search for those on e b a y or a m a z o n , thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X