Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro L TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently VS has a new mecool box now, the kM8. using a lower soc s905, smaller ram, 2GB DDR3.... but yet running android Oreo.

Shit like thst just screams they could have pushed an update for their existing boxes. Anyone knows who or where to ask about such things from them?

Comment

Originally posted by DreamSeason View Post
      Probably not an issue with VS. I saw lots of complaint in the review section of YT for ATV in google play.
      sorted out my youtube issue. I did a factory data reset, was surprised to see nesrly every app disappeared after that including youtube. I couls then install an older version of the tv for youtube app and turn off automatic updates. Now I've got a perfectly working youtube that plays 4k without issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Intrinsic
        Apparently VS has a new mecool box now, the kM8. using a lower soc s905, smaller ram, 2GB DDR3.... but yet running android Oreo.

Shit like thst just screams they could have pushed an update for their existing boxes. Anyone knows who or where to ask about such things from them?
        Almost the same specs as Ms8 pro W. I too wish I could know where to get in touch with them

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 4X utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mymo View Post
          Almost the same specs as Ms8 pro W. I too wish I could know where to get in touch with them

Exactly, that is just blatantly wrong.

I would understand if it were totally new hardware and what not. But its really just recycled hardware tied around oreo. And they expect the thousands of people that own any variant of the M8 to do what? Upgrade? pay for a new box just cause we want a software update?

I'll give them a couple of months. If nothing, then it certainly will be the last time i buy from them. Beginning to feel I should havw just got a shield. And buying, shipping and clesring this box cost me over $150 anyways... thats shield territory right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Intrinsic View Post

Exactly, that is just blatantly wrong.

I would understand if it were totally new hardware and what not. But its really just recycled hardware tied around oreo. And they expect the thousands of people that own any variant of the M8 to do what? Upgrade? pay for a new box just cause we want a software update?

I'll give them a couple of months. If nothing, then it certainly will be the last time i buy from them. Beginning to feel I should havw just got a shield. And buying, shipping and clesring this box cost me over $150 anyways... thats shield territory right there.
            Anyone expecting a reply from VS is not going to get one.. They don't even reply on hardware issues and pretty much do what they want.. And yes if you are in the states, a shield would've cost lesser if you waited till prime day and been way ahead..

Comment

Originally posted by Appys

Anyone expecting a reply from VS is not going to get one.. They don't even reply on hardware issues and pretty much do what they want.. And yes if you are in the states, a shield would've cost lesser if you waited till prime day and been way ahead..
              Yeah, that was quite apparent. It's a waste cause we love this box's specs. Fortunately I paid less than 70$ for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Intrinsic View Post

sorted out my youtube issue. I did a factory data reset, was surprised to see nesrly every app disappeared after that including youtube. I couls then install an older version of the tv for youtube app and turn off automatic updates. Now I've got a perfectly working youtube that plays 4k without issues.
                Yeah. That's a known fix. You don't need to reset your box. Just uninstalling the YT updates would suffice. Really sad no more oreo updates for Pro L and related products.

Comment

They have done you a favour with no Oreo push for the M8s I've seen the YouTube video for the KM8 and I own a shield and trust me Oreo is just so influenced by the firestick layout it's sad Google had the opportunity to make something better all it does is push paid for service in ya face with the channels and any 3ed party services are hidden and you have to buy the sideload Channel app or install Hal launcher to get 3ed party apps on the home screen or use tv app repo
                  ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by DreamSeason View Post

Yeah. That's a known fix. You don't need to reset your box. Just uninstalling the YT updates would suffice. Really sad no more oreo updates for Pro L and related products.
                    I couldn't uninstall systems apps anymore for some reason. Even though my box was rooted. That was what made me do a factory reset.

And to my surprise the box comes pretty clean of any app after that. Not even YouTube was a system app anymore.

And looking at the Oreo UI, I am in agreement that we are lucky we don't have an Oreo update for this box. Would be great if we could go to Oreo but keep the nougat UI.

Comment

Netflix is giving strange errors now

Comment

Originally posted by Appys View Post
                        Netflix is giving strange errors now
                        read this:
                        Well, it appears that it has finally happened, Netflix in HD has stopped working on these Chinese boxes that are NOT Google Certified. Tested my Mecool M8S Pro L

Comment

Are apps able to write to an external NTFS formatted USB HD with this ROM? I'm looking to buy the M8S PRO L to replace my ZIDOO X7 box which does not allow external storage write permissions through any app except the native file manager. I really want to be able to SFTP in the box, I use Solid Explorer which allows me to do this but I can't give it write permission to my USB HD due to com.android.documentsui (Google's file picker) not being installed in the ZIDOO X7 ROM. Wondering if this is the same issue for the Android TV ROMs, this one in particular since I'll be looking to install it when I get the box. Alternatively, has anyone tried successfully to update the permissions.xml to add external write permissions if com.android.documentsui is missing from this ROM too?

Comment

Yes, after I installed this rom I can write any folder and file on the external Hdd with Solid Explorer.

Bear in mind that, even with stock Rom and after installing an Smb server on the box, you can remotely write/delete any folder and file on the external drive.

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegsr View Post

read this:
                              Even basic netflix isnt opening for me since wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by mymo View Post
                                Yes, after I installed this rom I can write any folder and file on the external Hdd with Solid Explorer.

Bear in mind that, even with stock Rom and after installing an Smb server on the box, you can remotely write/delete any folder and file on the external drive.

Thanks for the info mymo.

Comment

Working...
                                X