Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO L SCV2 ATV - Android 7.1.2 ( Android Tv Version )

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rlghplay View Post

You may find TWRP Recovery IMG in my post.
    First, search for Supersu and Rashr in Google Playstore and then use RASHR to recover TWRP Recovery IMG.
    One caution is to keep original Recovery IMG backed up before installing TWRP.
    The DRM info app is recommended to clean up the cache and the rest of the files and try installing them again.
    I wish you success.
    If you are talking about your 2018-05-03--17-32-32_M8S_PRO_L-userdebug_7.1.2_NHG47L_20180417.1-ORIGINAL.rar that your shared, this .rar doesn't contain a recovery.img. Please provide me the link to the TWRP recovery.img

Comment

Originally posted by LoKin View Post
      I do not have a USB A male to USB A male cable, so the usb burning tool is not an option. I'm hoping I can do this using only the SD card method. Can you provide me a link to the M8S_PRO-20170707.094011.V0321.IMG? I greatly appreciate it
      It's in post #157 of this thread.

Comment

Thank you. It appears that this .rar doesn't have the TWRP recovery.img that I need. I am still trying to find the TWRP recovery.img for my M8S Pro L. Do you have the link to the TWRP recovery.img?

Comment

Originally posted by rlghplay View Post

You may find TWRP Recovery IMG in my post.
          First, search for Supersu and Rashr in Google Playstore and then use RASHR to recover TWRP Recovery IMG.
          One caution is to keep original Recovery IMG backed up before installing TWRP.
          The DRM info app is recommended to clean up the cache and the rest of the files and try installing them again.
          I wish you success.
          I couldn't find your post that has the download link for the TWRP recovery.img

Comment

Originally posted by supermal View Post
            https://mega.nz/#!lJ4GXabD!DDHIu0xLW...evs5dmsP0KTVHs try this link?this is a twrp back up of my mecool m8s pro l box.it is for those who have sticker on the back of the box with LB on the end only!it may not be compatible with boxes with older firmware.use at your own risk.
            For LoKin

Comment

Thank you for trying to help. I appreciate everyone's input. I think my problem now is I dont know what I am doing. I used TWRP recovery tool and flashed the reboot to TWRP stock image, and now my M8S pro L box will only boot up into recovery. Again, I don't have a USB male A to USB male A cable. I am trying to do everything with SD cards, but I feel I am failing. Please help.

Comment

Originally posted by LoKin View Post
                Thank you for trying to help. I appreciate everyone's input. I think my problem now is I dont know what I am doing. I used TWRP recovery tool and flashed the reboot to TWRP stock image, and now my M8S pro L box will only boot up into recovery. Again, I don't have a USB male A to USB male A cable. I am trying to do everything with SD cards, but I feel I am failing. Please help.
                Take two spare USB cords that you are not using and cut the ends off. Strip the wires and twist the wire together and tape them, black to black, white to white, etc.. Should only need 4 pairs of wires. Look for the fattest USB cables to use. That is what I have been using for a long time and it never failed me. I had a store bought male to male USB cable and it was not dependable, I junked it......
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

http://freaktab.org/folder/28/q20x
                  Originally posted by suoermal View Post
                  use usb burning tool and install this.M8S_PRO-20170707.094011.V0321.IMG.it will put you back to stock firmware then you can take it from there.you can download from freaktab download service or there are a few other links if you search.good luck.
                  I have great news for everybody! I did exactly what supermal told me to do, and I am back to the TV stock image with everything back to normal again.
                  I guess I am so new to this, that I discovered http://freaktab.org/folder/28/q20x that had everything I need. Thank you everybody.

Comment

Its a great pity that we LB version users cannot flash this rom.So would SC do us a favour to make a firmware for LB version of the newly build m8s pro L box when he has time to do so? That would be great thing! I am really looking forward to this.

Comment

anyone know which key activates voice search?
                      Please take the time visit my fundraising page for an accessible wheelchair van.

Click here to support my wheelchair accessible van fundraiser.

https://i.imgur.com/pldcvD6.jpg?1https://i.imgur.com/PaM4GAy.png?1

Comment

Originally posted by supermal View Post
                        https://mega.nz/#!lJ4GXabD!DDHIu0xLW...evs5dmsP0KTVHs try this link?this is a twrp back up of my mecool m8s pro l box.it is for those who have sticker on the back of the box with LB on the end only!it may not be compatible with boxes with older firmware.use at your own risk.
                        Hi supermal
                        Received my box yesterday - Mecool M8S PRO L

How can I see if I can use this ROM without losing wireless and neither BT?

Comment

Originally posted by p lopes View Post

Hi supermal
                          Received my box yesterday - Mecool M8S PRO L

How can I see if I can use this ROM without losing wireless and neither BT?
                          what rom do you want to use?if your box has LB at the end of the sticker on the back of the box you can only use stock rom.there is no custom firmware for that variant at the moment.

Comment

yes... says LB in the end

so, I can’t use

Comment

Anyway mine have the LB but came allready with android tv firmware.

so far so good

Comment

Originally posted by p lopes View Post
                                Anyway mine have the LB but came allready with android tv firmware.

so far so good
                                yes.stock firmware is not too bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X