This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ki69 View Post
    Great is good to know, that this is equivalent of B922 Rom version.

If the ethernet bug is a firmware problem from Beelink, and if Onsmart eventualy release a firmware update, i can use it to Gt king. Or better, some of the devs use it as base of costum firmware.
    So it looks like it has been confirmed that it's a hardware issue, and not a firmware issue. You can view the 2 different links down below for some more info, it looks like there might be a fix already. Also If you guys could please start a new thread on this subject for those who have this issue with the ethernet so we don't fill up this thread with things that don't pertain to this ROM, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thank you,

Alvatech

Links:

Comment

Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post

So it looks like it has been confirmed that it's a hardware issue, and not a firmware issue. You can view the 2 different links down below for some more info, it looks like there might be a fix already. Also If you guys could please start a new thread on this subject for those who have this issue with the ethernet so we don't fill up this thread with things that don't pertain to this ROM, I would greatly appreciate it.
      Thank you,

Alvatech

Links:

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=87955256
      Done. Tks

Comment

Those of you who are having problems with the ethernet on board please see this post down below.
        Thank you,

Alvatech

New thread for ethernet issues please post here:
        https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...m-possible-fix

Comment

Hi guys, I am a new user of this GT-King TV Box. I am very confused about the update this box, in fact, I am afraid of leaving it useless if I do something wrong, but on the other hand, I can see that the preloaded firmware is not as good as it should be, so I need to update it to finally get the best of this TV Box. After this introduction and read carefully all the procedure, I have a question, the USB cable to connect the PC and the TV box must have 2 male ends. I already have one, but I don't know if it's right for the job. Is there a number or a way to identify if it is correct?
          Can you Helpme please?

Comment

Originally posted by NitroNipp View Post
            Hi guys, I am a new user of this GT-King TV Box. I am very confused about the update this box, in fact, I am afraid of leaving it useless if I do something wrong, but on the other hand, I can see that the preloaded firmware is not as good as it should be, so I need to update it to finally get the best of this TV Box. After this introduction and read carefully all the procedure, I have a question, the USB cable to connect the PC and the TV box must have 2 male ends. I already have one, but I don't know if it's right for the job. Is there a number or a way to identify if it is correct?
            Can you Helpme please?
            Hello,
            Not much info on cables but if it's a double sided Male 2 Male end you can give it a try it won't hurt. Your box will either be detected or not if it doesn't get detected after so many tries then it could be the cable. If it gets picked up then it will start to flash, of course there is quality cables but I have 2 different ones, one just looks plain and another more higher end but they both work fine for me. First things first, make sure you match your serial number up with the proper ROM on first post and then go from there. Please read the entire first post to get a little more informed. Good Luck!
            Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

I would think any double male cable would work. As Alvatech says if its detected it will work. Make sure you download the correct rom for your SN and then follow flashing instructions on first page. Then your Box is going to be very smooth with the custom ROM-Its very good

Comment

I installed this Rom today, I like it beautiful.
                The changes I make to the home options app, only affect the Square Home 3 launcher right? They have no effect on Android One Launcher.
                I use Android One Launcher I don't use the Square home launcher.

Inviato dal mio MI 8 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

How do I remove the Google search bar widget from Android One Launcher?

Comment

Originally posted by damians View Post
                    ++1 I'd sure like to know this one.
                    I'm running a beautiful rom, that is scared by the mark of that Ugly Beast !
                    ...ya mean yo Can't have everything?
                    ​​​​​

​​​​​
                    Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

I installed this Rom today, I like it beautiful.
                      The changes I make to the home options app, only affect the Square Home 3 launcher right? They have no effect on Android One Launcher.
                      I use Android One Launcher I don't use the Square home launcher.

Correct, the home options app is only for Square Home Launcher options. You can can download other launchers if you like to try something different.
                      I use the Square Launcher personally, I feel this one has better customization options for free.
                      Thank you,

Alvatech

Hello,
                      This is the way this Android One Launcher is made, there is nothing I can do about this launcher. Same as I mentioned above, you're more than welcome to download other launchers from the Play Store if you'd like to try something different.
                      Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Correct, the home options app is only for Square Home Launcher options. You can can download other launchers if you like to try something different.
                        I use the Square Launcher personally, I feel this one has better customization options for free.
                        Thank you,

Alvatech

Hello,
                        This is the way this Android One Launcher is made, there is nothing I can do about this launcher. Same as I mentioned above, you're more than welcome to download other launchers from the Play Store if you'd like to try something different.
                        Thank you,

Alvatech
                        The ADW Launcher works great on your firmware. v2.01.67

Comment

Thank you,

Alvatech

Hello,
                          Thank you,

Alvatech
                          It doesn't matter, android one launcher is fine, how do I install future updates without losing data?
                          Can I flash the img file from recovery twrp to update the firmware?
                          But I can only choose these partitions to flash the img file in the recovery twrp: recovery, boot and logo. So I think it's not possible.
                          Otherwise it is possible to create a zip file to flash via twrp to update the rom, without losing the data?
                          Last edited by damians; 08-20-2019, 08:33.

Comment

Hello everyone,
                          I have requests from users to see if I could release a newer ROM made from the latest Beelink ROM released in August. I've also had been asked to make an ATV version which I'm thinking of doing next, but still not sure. I had already started on the August release for a new Standard Android ROM since its been released. From what I could tell they still haven't fixed the status bar and like I've mentioned in this post here, please respect the time taken to do this from Beelink and us Developers. I hope to release new ROM's very soon.
                          Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

I use Titanium Backup to restore data after a reset or a change rom, which does not give problems. However there is no need to create an OTA update, I was wondering if it is possible to create a flashable zip via recovery twrp so as not to lose the data, I only do Wipe Cache Wipe dalvik Cache and update the ROM.
                            I usually do this to install updates on my smartphone.

Comment

I use Titanium Backup to restore data after a reset or a change rom, which does not give problems. However there is no need to create an OTA update, I was wondering if it is possible to create a flashable zip via recovery twrp so as not to lose the data, I only do Wipe Cache Wipe dalvik Cache and update the ROM.
                              I usually do this to install updates on my smartphone.

Yes, in TWRP you can make a backup of the box's current state. But you can not install a ROM img file through TWRP. Unless you make one from a ROM which is pretty much an OTA zip file. But yes you can make a backup of your box as needed through TWRP or any other means.
                              Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Working...
                              X