Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any clues in the Himedia addon that may help modifying the other one?
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
      Are there any clues in the Himedia addon that may help modifying the other one?
      I think Mafarricos is the only one that can make it compatible as he was the one that ported it originally from the Amlogic addon to be compatible with RK3066, RK3188 devices.
      He will only be able to look at it next month he said.
      But newer devices have had Lollipop and Marshmallow firmwares with completely different HDMI drivers and it's also too complicated for me to understand how the addon works to fix it myself

Comment

I have included all the changes from the most recent version of GItHub as carefully as possible into de RK version.
        I have tried it with my RKM MK68 and FTMC, it has installed correctly and service seems to be running as well as notifications, but I don't know where can I see if it really works. I'm using the ROM from superceleron V1.3C (which has over a year) and it does only have 60 [Hz] modes available. When playing a video it has asked me for root permissions the first time, so I think that at least it mods something.
        I have also included the non-conventional "mode" path, so if "/sys/class/display/display0.HDMI/mode" does not exist then it uses "/sys/class/display/HDMI/mode", and i can confirm that this mod works because I have that problem with the path and the file is being modified when playback starts and stops (and maybe during playback, i don't know).
        I leave here the zips for Krypton and others (Note that i have only tested in FTMC. I have made the Krypton version because Kodi wiki says that "icon.png" should go inside "resources" folder and changelog now has to go in "<news></news>" inside addon.xml file, I have not tried to install Krypton version because I can't)

PS: zips can be directly installed from Kodi
        PS2: I have included the path to the SPMC log too, I hope to be enough to get it working there.
        PS3: I haven't got much knowledge coding so I have just done this to help a little bit.
        script.video.fswitchRK.zip
        script.video.fswitchRK_krypton.zip

Comment

I have rk3188 on wasser lollipop 5.1 so i will give it a try

Comment

is There a way to use the Voice Search feature if so how on a BB2-Pro?

Comment

It's quite surprising that nobody has even said if it works or not. I'm not a former developer, but I'm used to work with Kodi addons and it took me a lot of hours to compare each file, add new thing, debug it, clean it and reorder some things, I even adapted everything to PEP8 manually. It would be nice to receive any type of reply, even if it does not work at all.

Comment

Originally posted by kerenmac View Post
                It's quite surprising that nobody has even said if it works or not. I'm not a former developer, but I'm used to work with Kodi addons and it took me a lot of hours to compare each file, add new thing, debug it, clean it and reorder some things, I even adapted everything to PEP8 manually. It would be nice to receive any type of reply, even if it does not work at all.
                Well i cant try it now since i dont have any rk at hand... i should get one later or tomorrow and i will test it on ftmc

Comment

The addon service can now start in Marshmallow, Kodi 17.
                  But the screen doesn't flash to change the resolution on RK3229, RK3368 unfortunately.

Here is Rockchip's Kodi auto frame-rate code

I don't know if some of it can be integrated into the addon, but not sure where and how to modify it?

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

The addon service can now start in Marshmallow, Kodi 17.
                    But the screen doesn't flash to change the resolution on RK3229, RK3368 unfortunately.

Here is Rockchip's Kodi auto frame-rate code

I don't know if some of it can be integrated into the addon, but not sure where and how to modify it?
                    You need to make "/sys/class/display/display0.HDMI/mode" and "/sys/class/display/HDMI/mode" RW... chmod time in the boot.img...?

Comment

...just came across this; downloaded it and ran it. My firmware has rw permissons and the appropriate nodes.

RK3368 with Kodi Leia - supported; but the frequency doesn't switch. It loads the notification that the switch was successful, but it's not.

It does read the video frequency correctly in most cases. In cases where the video freq has a fallback - ffmpeg 420p10le, for example - it gets confused and doesn't catch the fallback freq and errors out.

...might want to add support for other resolutions. I changed it to a supported res, of course.

...doesn't handle fallbacks.

Last edited by Shomari; 03-13-2017, 22:21.

Comment

well this is not to this topic, but if you guys change by hand the res in the "mode" does it change?

Comment

https://github.com/jeff2900/Kodi.AmL...tcher/releases this is for amlogic

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
                            well this is not to this topic, but if you guys change by hand the res in the "mode" does it change?
                            .... you can't manually change 'mode' in RK on the fly, and definitely not with another app. At least not in current up to date versions.

That's actually what the public (display.mode) standard calls for, which RK continually flouts. RK should implement the display mode api, but it doesn't want to, because it wants to focus on its private rkcodec and its 'improvements over mediacodec' - nothing more than an arrogant pipe dream from RK. (for those that don't know, RKcodec uses different nodes and pathways that are incompatible with the public methods for refresh rate switching, thus the conflict)

Honestly, and this is not to be negative but some may perceive it that way, none of this should exist - because it incentivizes RK to continue dismissing public standards in favor of their own terribly shoddy, poorly supported and outdated private apis.

The more they can release broken firmware and have users patch it for the masses where possible, they'll continue to do so. If instead their broken firmware is left broken until they decide to abide by public standards (mediacodec not the garbage rkcodec, display.mode, iec 61937, etc.) they'd have to end their arrogant stance as no one would buy devices with completely broken firmware after a short while.

Comment

Well since i dont touch in a RK in long time i cant really tell...
                              But i tell you i still puzzled why RK insists on continue by this path i really dont, aml already learn and is moving in the right direction but this guys at rk are stubborn "mules"....

Comment

Thanks for testing. I have been doing some research, but I have not found anything too interesting, and RKMC code would work, but it is integrated with Kodi, who makes everything work. The easy solution might be to write somewhere a big note that says "Do not buy anything with RockChip!".
                                A week ago I contacted with RikoMagic to ask them if they were planing to release a new firmware and their answer was "Does our last firmware from October have any problems?". If Superceleron hadn't done the (incredibly stable) ROM my MK68 would have been in the trash a long time ago. PS: I would pay for an update

Comment

Working...
                                X