Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been using FTMC without crashes using Confluence Zeitgeist skin (since my last message here complaining about problems). I absolutely recommend that skin, it's an updated and improved version of Confluence that is even smoother than Confluence, and includes krypton icons and nice graphics. Freaking amazing, test it out. Now that FTMC does not crash I can see its perfomance. Amazing job SC, absolutely amazing. Actually it's working better than SPMC, which I have in another box.
    Last edited by kerenmac; 02-28-2017, 08:56.

Comment

FTMC is an excellent bit of gear to be using.
      I dont use Kodi/FTMC much but when I do it seems to work with minimum fuss and bother.
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thanks to you all,

Thus I am going to install the Rom of superceleron on my kb2:

As a replacement of that this:

We have good news, there is a new firmware for YOKA KB2 (update 20161123). This is a big plus for the Videostrong (Videostrong Technology Co., Ltd –

But another doubt, in rc3 (12.2.2016) of superceleron FTMC 16.1 is Build 14 and the last FTMC General/AML Build is 23 !!!

Comment

Originally posted by jeanluc56 View Post
          Hello;

3: And for a yoka kb2 s912 which of these two applications is most accomplished, most reliable?

Thank you in advance
          Yoka kb2 s912 has Kodi 17.0 installed default I mean, you try hard downgrade.....

Comment

Originally posted by kerenmac View Post
            I have been using FTMC without crashes using Confluence Zeitgeist skin (since my last message here complaining about problems). I absolutely recommend that skin, it's an updated and improved version of Confluence that is even smoother than Confluence, and includes krypton icons and nice graphics. Freaking amazing, test it out. Now that FTMC does not crash I can see its perfomance. Amazing job SC, absolutely amazing. Actually it's working better than SPMC, which I have in another box.
            hmm need to try that skin, is in a repo anywhere? or is in the "normal" kodi repo?

Comment

Originally posted by Foolproof View Post

Yoka kb2 s912 has Kodi 17.0 installed default I mean, you try hard downgrade.....
              Hello,

It is not rather a software downgrade, I think ?? no a hardware downgrade !

I already updated my original firmware with the same in date of : 2016.11.23 from here :
              https://androidtvbox.eu/new-firmware...161123-release

I already installed spmc from google-play; kodi 17 on this rom is a beta version not installed with google-play, therefore, I uninstalled it manually to replace it by the final version of kodi 17 (fev 2017) with google play.

On the other hand, I note that for the reading of the same film in h265 with SPMC the soc temperature oscillate between (45° - 50° C); while with kodi for the same film in h265 the soc temperature goes up to oscillate between (58° 65° C) !!! strange ....

Therefore I get information about FTMC and Superceleron rom of which I read much praise, and not only on this forum; it's for this reason, I ask all these questions.

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

hmm need to try that skin, is in a repo anywhere? or is in the "normal" kodi repo?
                It's nice - I like it too

Comment

Originally posted by jeanluc56 View Post

Hello,

It is not rather a software downgrade, I think ?? no a hardware downgrade !

I already updated my original firmware with the same in date of : 2016.11.23 from here :
                  https://androidtvbox.eu/new-firmware...161123-release

I already installed spmc from google-play; kodi 17 on this rom is a beta version not installed with google-play, therefore, I uninstalled it manually to replace it by the final version of kodi 17 (fev 2017) with google play.

On the other hand, I note that for the reading of the same film in h265 with SPMC the soc temperature oscillate between (45° - 50° C); while with kodi for the same film in h265 the soc temperature goes up to oscillate between (58° 65° C) !!! strange ....

Therefore I get information about FTMC and Superceleron rom of which I read much praise, and not only on this forum; it's for this reason, I ask all these questions.
                  You get more heat from the cpu because the implementation of the mediacodec on the amlogic sdk is not complete and it need to use more cpu power, this on kodi 17..
                  Spmc/Ftmc it uses the amlcodec so the cpu usage it way more low and that means less heat of course and smoother playback.

Originally posted by uli-hh View Post
                  Ty

Comment

SuperCeleron days must be 38 hours each!
                    Many thanks to all the developers!

Comment

Build 24 up on the 1º post

Comment

THANKS!!!

Comment

Installed and tested just a little bit the RK version. It seems to have an (even more) smooth playback. Thanks a million!

Comment

Just to be certain these are Jarvis based Correct?

Just need to verify so I no witch no limits build to add-on

and while i'm at it what is the difference between the standard SPMC.apk's and the Launcher_SPMC.apk's

"I'm Waiting ever so patiently for your ATV rom For BB2-Pro"

Thanks in advance,
                            phatboyj

Comment

Originally posted by phatboyj420 View Post

Just to be certain these are Jarvis based Correct?

Just need to verify so I no witch no limits build to add-on

and while i'm at it what is the difference between the standard SPMC.apk's and the Launcher_SPMC.apk's

Thanks in advance,
                              phatboyj
                              Yes it is Jarvis based.

The SPMC differences are explained here

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=212601
                              R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by phatboyj420 View Post

Thanks in advance,
                                phatboyj
                                Did read you the topic? no atv rom for it... i have it done but i dont rls it since that boxes (at least board revision 1.1 and 1.2) dont play VP9... and since youtube on android relies on VP9 to play 80% of its videos... well you know the rest!

Comment

Working...
                                X