Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i do have screen flickering problem too and i am using minix neo x7 i got it two weeks ago from amazon with minix lost fw works ok with sound problems .but with the customs roms screen flickering hfw...finess. i changed kernels 1080p 720p..the lowest resolution the less flickering ..graphic problem .. cpu 1800 .1700.1600 ..i had minix neo x5 was working really good and i downgrade to x7 because the quad core

minix neo x7 HFW 3.2 1.2Ghz-816MHz requested ondemand-noop kernel 1080P
    Last edited by barenosi; 01-22-2014, 03:49.

Comment

are there multiple versions of the cx-919 ? and how do you tell them all apart without opening it up? no flickering for me on 1.6b.

Comment

Purchased January/2014 Tronsmart MK908II RK3188-T Sold by GeekBuying and Fulfilled by Amazon (USA) original ROM no flickering but when I flash with Finless 1.5a ROM 1080p there is flickering so I set to 720p there is no flickering. Using 720p kernel/boot.

I really like this device with Finless 1.5a ROM but after watching a MKV movie audio starts popping once in a while like every minute or so it's really faint. Almost like something is overheating but it can't be since video is near perfect. I really don't want to return this device back to Amazon. Stock ROM MKV video playback was not smooth that's why I used Finless ROM. Also using HDMI passthrough for Dolby Digital / DTS to my receiver.

Picture clearly shows a Rockchip RK3188-T

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00538.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	212.3 KB
ID:	431887

As of 1/21/14 the Amazon / GeekBuying listing shows 1.6GHz is that correct or is it supposed to be 1.4GHz?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00533.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	215.5 KB
ID:	431888

TimingPower RK3188 Amazon listing shows as 1.6GHz so I would say GeekBuying listing is incorrect speed? I really like my TimingPower RK3188 w/ 20131101 firmware but all the firmware to date doesn't support HDMI DD 5.1 / DTS passthrough and there's no 3rd party firmware developers today's last day for returns so it has to go back.
        Last edited by dv8ed; 01-22-2014, 06:17.

Comment

Bob, take a look on the discussion at Minix's forums about their 007FW, they've introduced the screen flickering then, and after a long way of complaining and proving the problem's existence they've finally fixed it by reverting kernel-level HDMI timing changes they've merged from rockchip's crap updates before. The 007e they released with updated kernel didn't suffer from this anymore. May be you could ask them for updated kernel source to see what's gone wrong...

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          Recently there have been a lot of people reporting screen blinking!
          It's become somewhat of a problem all of a sudden.
          It works fine stock but then they flash a ROM made for their stick and have the problem.

I bet it has to do with this -T model and it might be one of 2 things.

1) The custom ROMs allows 1.6mhz. If you have blinking and have a custom ROM installed please go get Antutu CPU master and try reducing the clock from 1.6 to 1.2 and see if the blinking goes away.

2) The kernel is somehow different with possibly relaxed HDMI timing!
          Thus what we need is a kernel DUMP from one of these sticks. I bet it is different.

I had a guy in the beelink forum have a CX-919 with this problem. I took the kernel from the Rescue ROM that they report does not have blinking, and asked them to flash it with my CX-919 ROM. The blinking stopped so we know for sure it's in the kernel. Again that rescue kernel could be clocked lower or there is some other difference. It maybe even the GPU us under clocked which might explain the flashing screen!

I plan to look into this deeper when I have time.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            Recently there have been a lot of people reporting screen blinking!
            It's become somewhat of a problem all of a sudden.
            It works fine stock but then they flash a ROM made for their stick and have the problem.

I bet it has to do with this -T model and it might be one of 2 things.

1) The custom ROMs allows 1.6mhz. If you have blinking and have a custom ROM installed please go get Antutu CPU master and try reducing the clock from 1.6 to 1.2 and see if the blinking goes away.

2) The kernel is somehow different with possibly relaxed HDMI timing!
            Thus what we need is a kernel DUMP from one of these sticks. I bet it is different.

I had a guy in the beelink forum have a CX-919 with this problem. I took the kernel from the Rescue ROM that they report does not have blinking, and asked them to flash it with my CX-919 ROM. The blinking stopped so we know for sure it's in the kernel. Again that rescue kernel could be clocked lower or there is some other difference. It maybe even the GPU us under clocked which might explain the flashing screen!

I plan to look into this deeper when I have time.

Bob
            Exactly! My new CX-919 produced screen blinks and flickering with any kernel 1.6Ghz or higher. The best stable solution for me is the Finless ROM 1.6b flashed over the "latest stock rom for cx-919" from 20131119 (overwriting everything except the stock kernel), this stock kernel runs at 1416Mgz, but no more blinks or flickering, wifi and everything works well.

Comment

Originally posted by dv8ed View Post
              Purchased January/2014 Tronsmart MK908II RK3188-T Sold by GeekBuying and Fulfilled by Amazon (USA) original ROM no flickering but when I flash with Finless 1.5a ROM 1080p there is flickering so I set to 720p there is no flickering. Using 720p kernel/boot.

I really like this device with Finless 1.5a ROM but after watching a MKV movie audio starts popping once in a while like every minute or so it's really faint. Almost like something is overheating but it can't be since video is near perfect. I really don't want to return this device back to Amazon. Stock ROM MKV video playback was not smooth that's why I used Finless ROM. Also using HDMI passthrough for Dolby Digital / DTS to my receiver.

Picture clearly shows a Rockchip RK3188-T

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4858[/ATTACH]

As of 1/21/14 the Amazon / GeekBuying listing shows 1.6GHz is that correct or is it supposed to be 1.4GHz?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4859[/ATTACH]

TimingPower RK3188 Amazon listing shows as 1.6GHz so I would say GeekBuying listing is incorrect speed? I really like my TimingPower RK3188 w/ 20131101 firmware but all the firmware to date doesn't support HDMI DD 5.1 / DTS passthrough and there's no 3rd party firmware developers today's last day for returns so it has to go back.
              Hello!
              You said that you were using HDMI passthrough for DD 5.1 / DTS with your MK908II and Finless 1.5a. Can you please tell me what settings you are using? Does it work with XBMC? I can't get the hdmi passthrough to work with either XBMC, MX player or the stock player..

Comment

Well, I was going to replace my faulty U4K with a rockchip but clearly not now. Guess I sit tight for the RK32xx which appears to be on its way soon
                Last edited by d33; 01-22-2014, 23:03.
                Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by darekmarta1975 View Post
                  Manufacturer of whose I bought the device, said that the processor RK3188T is more stable.
                  That's why I wrote what are the devices on rk3188T and what to rk3188
                  poor excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by darekmarta1975 View Post
                    Rockchip not invented the assembly of mini pc RK3188T only mini PC manufacturers themselves.'s claim only and exclusively to the producer.
                    Little confused manufacturer of processors with the manufacturer mini pc
                    It's not Rockchip's fault at all. Rockchip doesn't ask them to sell 3188T as 3188. They are 2 different chips.
                    It's the manufacturer/reseller responsibility to make a real claim of what they're selling. Manufacturer knows 100% because they are paying a different price for T and non-T.
                    Let's be rational.

Comment

Summary of my problems with new mk902 (blinking, flickering, no 1080p)

I would see 3 different problems with this new device of mine:

1) Blinking (screen totally on/off, lost of signal, monitor menu reapears, 1-10s period) - all linux distros and some custom roms suffer from blinking. The only working rom are android stock and neomode 1.9a 720p (but not 1080p)

2) Flickering or artefacts (horizontal or rectangles) like interferrence on tv signal. But the signal to monitor is not lost. Often this is the start of later reboot or freeze.

3) Not a single custom android rom succesfully boots in 1080p, only 720p variants. Always cycling, restarting during boot animation. I have never seen main screen (launcher) in 1080p. Even stock rom of mk802iv (i thought it's similar to mk902) which has 1080p in its title doesn't boot. Picuntu and ubuntu were both working 1080p (blinking heavily but no flickering). VNC to linux mk902 working 1080p ok. I tried nearly all the roms from this forum with different kernels (until I bricked mk902)

Cpu frequency is up to 1.6GHz both on neomode 1.9a and in picuntu or ubuntu, stock 1.4GHz. Locking freq on the lowest or highest possible value doesn't help from blinking. Ubuntu blinks both on 720p and 1080p kernels.

p.s. I bricked my mk902, i have found nand chip with title S PF450 (spectek says it's micron type) with 48 pins. Shorting pins caused mask loader state, so unbrick was succesful.

p.s. My colleague has another mk902 with totally the same behaviour.
                      Last edited by tobr; 01-23-2014, 08:15.

Comment

I wish I discovered this thread earlier. I ordered a MK802IV 16GB from dx.com only to find out it has the 3188-T chip. I feel ripped off because I thought that since this was a 16GB model it would have the most premium features.

Comment

3188t and 3188 difference in kernel source code

I found this changes in some 3188 kernel on github with at least 4 commits dealing with 3188t diffrence from normal 3188. See https://github.com/linux-rockchip/ro...s/rockchip-3.0
                          It means that during init must be some things inited differently otherwise kernel doesn't boot properly. At least in this kernel they are aware of existence of 3188t and deal with it.
                          But maybe I interpret it in a wrong way.
                          Last edited by tobr; 01-23-2014, 14:49.

Comment

Originally posted by shyguy View Post
                            I wish I discovered this thread earlier. I ordered a MK802IV 16GB from dx.com only to find out it has the 3188-T chip. I feel ripped off because I thought that since this was a 16GB model it would have the most premium features.
                            I feel the same, if I knew that my cx919 would not work at 1.6Ghz as advertised, I would order minix instead (even though it's twice as expensive).

Comment

I searched the internet, not too many information for identify 3188 and 3188T. I read some posts in Chinese forum talk about the different between 3188 and 3188T, but I don’t think that’s truth. The engineer of the manufacturer didn't reply me yet. I think they are very busy before Chinese New Year.
                              As I know, the price for 3188 and 3188T is big different. The manufacturer knows the different but distributors, sellers are not. So, when you buy the TV stick, you have better to ask what chipset is using in the device. Censure the seller cheating sometimes would blame him wrongly.
                              Some guys said the TV stick running in unstable condition. Using cheap components and unqualified skill of the bonding factory would cause the product running unstable. We are not expertise of production and can’t distinguish which stuff is made by good material. If you can post more reports and reviews that would help a lot.
                              I can confirm imito QX II (with external antenna) is using RK3188 chipset. I have taken a circuit board image but can post it on this thread. If you want, please PM me.
                              Last edited by Nicholaswc; 01-23-2014, 15:10.

Comment

Originally posted by in1 View Post
                                I feel the same, if I knew that my cx919 would not work at 1.6Ghz as advertised, I would order minix instead (even though it's twice as expensive).
                                because you have to write it suitable kernel and you will act on the 1.6 GHz
                                if you wrote the works on 1.6 and not 1.8 that is, the works on 1.6
                                MY MINI PC: C4,CS918,M8,M8C

Comment

Working...
                                X