Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW - T428 KitKat Finless ROM 2.0

OK folks sorry for the LONG delay.
    Here is the KitKat ROM made for the T428.
    I could not test everything but I did test a lot of stuff. Remember KitKat is still in development so your mileage may vary.

I have supplied 4 kernels made by D33. Two are for the 3188 and for those that recently got a 3188T those are also supplied.

Hey! TWRP recovery! Abdul did 99.9% of the work on this and I just modified it so it could be flashed with a ROM and also so it then did not mess up when doing a factory reset from Android.

As always READ MY README for more information.

Features and release notes for my 2.0 ROM:

1) Properly rooted using SuperSU. What does properly mean?
    Android 4.4.2 requires SU to be running as a deamon now. There are many ways to run this as a damon.
    Most roots so far are using a install-recovery.sh script or if init.d is enabled, a init.d script.
    This means you could lose root if messing with these scripts which some rooted apps do!
    What I have done is started the damon in init.rc thus eliminating the need for boot scripts!
    This took me a while to learn to do! Enjoy a BETTER ROOT!

2) Stock ROM was only 1 Gig of APP space.
    BUT you also have parameter file options!
    There are also 1gb, 2gb, 4gb and 6gb options.
    Read below for how to change that in the flash tool.
    I made the default 2GB

3) Debloated of junk APPs and Google Apps you can get from Google Play.
    There was quite a few useless hidden apps in this kitkat release! Some of them did not even work.
    I also updated Google Play and required Google APPs to the latest versions.

4) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!
    This time around due to updated security in 4.4, init.d was a lot harder to get working.
    Again I had to figure it out!

5) I dumped the crappy modified kitkat launcher that was in this and used the AOSP stock kitkat launcher.
    This gives you the transparent status bars back.

6) Rotation is now locked in this ROM No APP needed.

7) Calendar app was not working. I replaced it with the AOSP Google Calendar APP.

8) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
    I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
    Your device will show up in google play as Samsung device not a T428 or RKSDK! Understand this please.
    I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
    If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
    Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
    Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
    Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a 908.
    WARNING if you do this, you need to be using the 1080 kernel or your screen will be oversized!

9) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).

10) A working TWRP recovery!
    Special thanks to Freaktab developer Abdul_pt for working on this. He did all the hard work!
    I had to modify it to work fully on this TV stick so it could be flashed with a ROM.

11) Kernel choices:
    Special thanks to Freaktab user D33 for making this awesome kernels.
    There is a 720 and 1080 3188 kernel OC'ed to 1.8mhz
    There are also 720 and 1080 kernels for the 3188T clocked to 1.4mhz
    The 720 3188 kernel is the default.

12) Boot choices!
    There is a boot720 that is to be used with 720 kernels
    OPTIONAL boot1080 that you can use with a 1080 kernel if you want large 720 style desktop icons!
    If you use the boot720 with a 1080 kernel you will have smaller icons
    DO NOT use the boot1080 with a 720 kernel or your desktop icons will be messed up!!!!

13) Other little fixes here and there.

OK on with the ROM.

Here is the link to T428 Finless 2.0 KK ROM

ROM -> Tronsmart T428 Finless 2.0 KitKat ROM (305 megs)

Enjoy,
    Bob
    Last edited by Finless; 03-02-2014, 16:03.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

link broken thanks

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    OK folks sorry for the LONG delay.
    Here is the KitKat ROM made for the T428.
    I could not test everything but I did test a lot of stuff. Remember KitKat is still in development so your mileage may vary.

I have supplied 4 kernels made by D33. Two are for the 3188 and for those that recently got a 3188T those are also supplied.

Hey! TWRP recovery! Abdul did 99.9% of the work on this and I just modified it so it could be flashed with a ROM and also so it then did not mess up when doing a factory reset from Android.

As always READ MY README for more information.

Features and release notes for my 2.0 ROM:

1) Properly rooted using SuperSU. What does properly mean?
    Android 4.4.2 requires SU to be running as a deamon now. There are many ways to run this as a damon.
    Most roots so far are using a install-recovery.sh script or if init.d is enabled, a init.d script.
    This means you could lose root if messing with these scripts which some rooted apps do!
    What I have done is started the damon in init.rc thus eliminating the need for boot scripts!
    This took me a while to learn to do! Enjoy a BETTER ROOT!

2) Stock ROM was only 1 Gig of APP space.
    BUT you also have parameter file options!
    There are also 1gb, 2gb, 4gb and 6gb options.
    Read below for how to change that in the flash tool.
    I made the default 2GB

3) Debloated of junk APPs and Google Apps you can get from Google Play.
    There was quite a few useless hidden apps in this kitkat release! Some of them did not even work.
    I also updated Google Play and required Google APPs to the latest versions.

4) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!
    This time around due to updated security in 4.4, init.d was a lot harder to get working.
    Again I had to figure it out!

5) I dumped the crappy modified kitkat launcher that was in this and used the AOSP stock kitkat launcher.
    This gives you the transparent status bars back.

6) Rotation is now locked in this ROM No APP needed.

7) Calendar app was not working. I replaced it with the AOSP Google Calendar APP.

8) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
    I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
    Your device will show up in google play as Samsung device not a T428 or RKSDK! Understand this please.
    I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
    If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
    Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
    Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
    Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a 908.
    WARNING if you do this, you need to be using the 1080 kernel or your screen will be oversized!

9) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).

10) A working TWRP recovery!
    Special thanks to Freaktab developer Abdul_pt for working on this. He did all the hard work!
    I had to modify it to work fully on this TV stick so it could be flashed with a ROM.

11) Kernel choices:
    Special thanks to Freaktab user D33 for making this awesome kernels.
    There is a 720 and 1080 3188 kernel OC'ed to 1.8mhz
    There are also 720 and 1080 kernels for the 3188T clocked to 1.4mhz
    The 720 3188 kernel is the default.

12) Boot choices!
    There is a boot720 that is to be used with 720 kernels
    OPTIONAL boot1080 that you can use with a 1080 kernel if you want large 720 style desktop icons!
    If you use the boot720 with a 1080 kernel you will have smaller icons
    DO NOT use the boot1080 with a 720 kernel or your desktop icons will be messed up!!!!

13) Other little fixes here and there.

OK on with the ROM.

Here is the link to T428 Finless 2.0 KK ROM

ROM -> Tronsmart T428 Finless 2.0 KitKat ROM (305 megs)

Enjoy,
    Bob
    Link broken also does this one have full camera support for logitech c270 other roms have picture but no mic thanks
    thanks
    Last edited by kslmgd; 03-02-2014, 16:07.

Comment

Originally posted by kslmgd View Post
      link broken
      thanks
      Fixed!

Bob

Comment

thanks bob

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        Fixed!

Bob
        thank you

Comment

Thank you! No problem encounter so far, fluid video via network.
          T428 ,Radxa Rock (RR), cs918s v1.0, waiting for my X7...

Comment

Can't wait to finish work to try this, thanks in advance Bob for taking the time to do this. Will let you know how things go.

Comment

I did not manage to flash the 1080p kernel and 1080 boot.img(non T), I got a download error. This could also be a ROMflashtool problem(did not use this toolversion before). Default 720p kernel flashed OK. The by me and others previously mentioned volume problem (also in the CX-919ROM) is still there(Mute,0%and100%, nothing in between). Don't know if its a kernel or ROM problem. That's all by now, the rest seems to be working fine. Thanks for this Beautiful ROM.

Comment

Not sure why your getting a download error. I tested and 1080 all kernels and boot1080 and it worked fine for me many times.
                Make sure to erase memory using the lower format button.

Bob

Comment

FYI the volume problem is a known KK issue. Darrell thinks it is the kernel but I am going to see if it a settings problem writing to sys areas.

Bob

Comment

flashed t428 3188 with 1080p image and no issues at all, works great and was quick to load. I noticed XMBC 12.3 will play 720p no issues but still struggles on 1080p.

Also silly question, how do you get the task bar to hide and also is there a power button that we can enable to shut down the stick.

Thanks for the hard work and will keep testing out this room but THE BEST ROM yet to try.
                    Last edited by AccordXTC; 03-03-2014, 03:15.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordXTC View Post
                      flashed t428 3188 with 1080p image and no issues at all, works great and was quick to load. I noticed XMBC 12.3 will play 720p no issues but still struggles on 1080p.

Also silly question, how do you get the task bar to hide and also is there a power button that we can enable to shut down the stick.

Thanks for the hard work and will keep testing out this room but THE BEST ROM yet to try.
                      The reboot APP I added should shut it down but dang it... I did test that for sure.

Search in the play store for "Hide softkeys" or hide "soft buttons". Also fill!screen (yes spelled that way) works too to hide the bottom bar.

Bob

Comment

first of all thx for your work again, much appreciated!

wasnt the volume problem already fixed in wassers kk-rom? not quite sure which kk-rom fixed it, but i know already been testing one with fixed volume slider.
                        will test load this rom soon, guess it has the sound skips now and then like all the other kk-roms?

Comment

awesome ROM!

Finless - thank you so much for this great ROM. Here are my observations
                          1. Netflix works great. Full HD. First ROM I ever tested with perfect netflix
                          2. Youtube is perfect
                          3. Rom is fast. No shutdowns yet.
                          4. All my apps are working great except for USA now app. The voice synch is off. It might just be the app.

Here are a few hiccups
                          1. When I tested on my 52 inch TV, the HDMI signal goes blank every few mins. I switched the ROM to 720p and the issue went away. Luckily my video quality did not degrade. I tested on my 24 inch monitor and every thing was perfect. It might be my TV..not sure.

Comment

Tanks Bob.

The Netflix sometimes plays, sometimes buffering and not play again, sometimes crash, and sometimes says "Unable to connect to Netflix"
                            When the Ethernet USB is connected during the boot, the T428 stay in animation loop. when I disconnect the usb, the boot continue "normally". When this happen do not mount the sd cards (internal and external). The Crackle APP shows me "Inconpatible with your device". May be area thing?

Comment

1080p works OK now to, flashed it with a windows 8.1 machine. Never got that working, but now it did. Very satisfied with this ROM so far. No hdmi blackouts, Netflix connection problems or other anomalies. Still with slow panning shots there are always very small hickups, I have never seen an android stick that plays 1080p video smoother than my 4 years old 400MHz!!!!!Singlecore playonHD. Having said that, this ROM plays the smoothest of all of the ROMs I have tried(quite a lot).

Comment

Working...
                              X