NEW - T428 KitKat Finless ROM 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AccordXTC View Post
    Finless KK 2.0 T428 rom by far the best I've used, running 1080p XBMC Gotham over wifi I have no issues and unit gets warm, does not overheat or lock up. It's a nice welcome to finally have a good rom and version of XBMC for this T428

Next to try will be PS3 controller with this stick tonight
    Thanks for the answer . I'll do the next step.

Comment

Originally posted by vnishimoto View Post
      He stop on animation, when I unplug the usb, he continues the boot and I can plug again.
      I use without hub, with original ups.
      I discovered this happen only when I use fixed IP over ethernet. This not occours in WI-FI

Comment

NFS client

Does this rom have NFS client installed ? I prefer NFS over samba due to speed so not having nfs would be a disadvantage for me....

Comment

Thank you very much Bob for your new ROM. I have just downloaded it, however would it be possible to also include a md5 check sum in the first post. I always like to see if something happened during the download before I flash something.

Regardless as soon as I try it I will post here some feedback .

Many thanks once again and enjoy the weeked :P

Comment

Originally posted by vnishimoto View Post
            I discovered this happen only when I use fixed IP over ethernet. This not occours in WI-FI
            Yup, I saw this as well and just as you say, if it gets the IP via DHCP it boots fine. If you need a fixed address some routers will let you assign it from the router side, which is what I did and it's booting fine. I have a powered USB hub and the same Tronsmart USB 2.0 ethernet adapter

I installed the KK Finless last night. Bob's instructions in the zip file are perfect and if followed to the "T" will get even a n00b like myself an excellent OS on their T428! One thing to note if you already installed the Finless 1.5a and IF you left the drivers installed on your PC, you do not need to install them again and you can go right to flashing (Bob if this is wrong let us know). You'll know they are there if you hear the USB tone when you put the 428 in flash mode, open device manager and see NO errors reported. Then when you run the flash tool you'll see at the bottom (as per instructions) it was recognized. If you don't see that then install the drivers anyway. I got a little panicky, I was using a Vizio PC monitor with HDMI to watch things and wait for the 1st boot. When the 1st boot came the screen was flashing on/off as if the HDMI hand shaking wasn't going well. So I just waited and saw the setup screen flash on/off the screen a couple times and figured it made it to boot. I moved the 428 to a TV re-booted and there she was!

It is way better than the Finless 1.5a and that was damn good!

Do need volume control fixed but I understand and still think it's WELL worth installing.
            Would also be great to see the static IP bug fixed but can live with the work around.

Oh, what if I wanted to use the 1080 (larger icons?) now that I've already flashed the 720? Can I just install it over the 720 and not loose any data on the device or do I need to start all over again?

Now....in KitKat how do they power off the 428? I can't find a power off button other than what Bob has supplied us with (there's an app for that!) and now I'm just being curious. I'm supposing you would use the physical power button on the device (we don't have one on the 428).

Many, many thanks Mr. Finless for fixing my T428 and making it work like you would think it should!
            Last edited by flhthemi; 03-08-2014, 13:46.
            FLHT = Harley
            HEMI = 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT
            Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Originally posted by flhthemi View Post
              Oh, what if I wanted to use the 1080 (larger icons?) now that I've already flashed the 720? Can I just install it over the 720 and not loose any data on the device or do I need to start all over again?
              Run the flash tool and uncheck everything except boot.img line. Change that to the 1080 boot and flash it. This will replace boot with larger icons and not erase anything.

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Am I right in thinking that roms cannot be installed using windows 8.1?

Comment

New kernels click here

Compiled for T / non-T and with optional 1.8V lcd setting to stop flickering
                  Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                  Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                  Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                  Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                  CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                  Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                  RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

I have my 428 in flash mode on my USB port. When I run the Android tool and it opens is it displaying the current boot info for the 428 or defaults from the config file?

Can I change BOTH kernel and boot image and loose no data?

How do I get out of flash mode if I don't flash anything? Just pull the plug?

That's where I am right now and I want to make sure I don't brick this thing with the wrong combination.

Old fart can't remember which kernal img I flashed. I need to change it so I can see the bigger icons I'm going blind trying to read the stuff on the screen god I hate getting old.....
                    FLHT = Harley
                    Cause I've been asked.

Comment

When you run the flash tool the line represent what's in the config file not whats in the ROM.
                      Yes you can flash kernel and boot and not loose data.

Bob
                      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        When you run the flash tool the line represent what's in the config file not whats in the ROM.
                        Yes you can flash kernel and boot and not loose data.

Bob
                        Done! Thanks Bob! 720 is much better for a 55 inch screen 15 feet away with 63 year old eyes!
                        FLHT = Harley
                        Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Changing rom's kernel with an AP6210 kernel from here will make this rom compatible to my mk908ii?

Comment

Has anyone or know if its possible to get 5.1 off the HDMI. Everything is great with this firmware if only could get 5.1 I'd be perfect.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by AccordXTC View Post
                              Has anyone or know if its possible to get 5.1 off the HDMI. Everything is great with this firmware if only could get 5.1 I'd be perfect.

Thanks
                              My home theatre detect surround sound but I have to set it to multi chanel since it will not be 5.1. I think HDMI send signal as PCM.
                              T428 ,Radxa Rock (RR), cs918s v1.0, waiting for my X7...

Comment

Hey, I just noticed the remote control app we had for our phones with 1.5a doesnt work in 2.0. Any way I can add this no my own? It worked good with XBMC.
                                FLHT = Harley
                                Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Working...
                                X