NEW - T428 KitKat Finless ROM 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T428 dead

I have a tronsmart t428 with the finless rom 2.0 KK 4.4.2. And Beyond XBMC installed. So far so good.
    But after playing a film 1,5 hour the device got verry hot and stop working, completley dead.
    I think the finlessrom is overclocked and that must be the reason that it stops working.
    I connected the divice to the PC to see if i can restore it but even that want work because my PC dont
    recognise the T428. So it is broken.
    This is my advice, before instal the KK 4.4.2 rom think about the heat, it wil destroi your device.
    For me, the only option is bay a new one, i dont know if it will be a T428 again or an other type, hase annyone suggestions?

With regards,

Oparinus

Comment

Originally posted by oparinus View Post
      I have a tronsmart t428 with the finless rom 2.0 KK 4.4.2. And Beyond XBMC installed. So far so good.
      But after playing a film 1,5 hour the device got verry hot and stop working, completley dead.
      I think the finlessrom is overclocked and that must be the reason that it stops working.
      I connected the divice to the PC to see if i can restore it but even that want work because my PC dont
      This is my advice, before instal the KK 4.4.2 rom think about the heat, it wil destroi your device.
      For me, the only option is bay a new one, i dont know if it will be a T428 again or an other type, hase annyone suggestions?

With regards,

Oparinus

The rom wouldn't do it but a heavily overclocked kernel may if the cooling on the device is bad.

Or it may be as simple as the maker dropped the ball when they installed the heat-sink and it wasn't cooling correctly.

Best i ever got was warm but nothing i would every call uncomfortably hot.
      Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

Sorry for my english.

Hey guys,
        i use this rom now a few weeks.
        I would love to connect several USB Drives with a active usb Hub.
        Some users have in the Directory "/mnt/usb_storage/" several Directorys like "USB_DISK0", "USB_DISK1", etc ...
        If I connect a single or several USB Drives i only got the Folder "/mnt/usb_storage/" and there is no othe Folder only one of the connected USB devices. (First usb device connected is displayed but not in /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK0 the files are directly in /mnt/usb_storage/.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

Comment

Hi ! i've install this ROM witch work perfectly but i'd like to know if it's possible to have a launcher like new tronsmart Vega with several tiles (like on windows 8) ? I'd like to je able to navigate with my keyboard
          Thanks for this ROM, that gives a new life for my stick

Envoyé de mon GT-N7100 en utilisant Tapatalk
          Last edited by florian83260; 05-04-2014, 11:58.

Comment

With regards,

Oparinus
            The ROM is not overclocked unless you flashed one of the supplied overclocked kernels!

Did you read the read me? By default the tool flashes a 3188 kernel that runs at 1.6. If yours is 3188T chip then yes, the 1.6 kernel is over clocking it! I supplied a 3188T 1.4 kernel. Again did you read the read me?

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

installed rom this weekend .....well done finless!!!
              best rom ever ,for my t428 !!

one thing though, i watched a movie with fx player and ones in awhile like every 15 minues or so there was something like a volume icon with a number in the middle of the screen ,just for a split second each time....

was that the rom or the player????

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                The ROM is not overclocked unless you flashed one of the supplied overclocked kernels!

Did you read the read me? By default the tool flashes a 3188 kernel that runs at 1.6. If yours is 3188T chip then yes, the 1.6 kernel is over clocking it! I supplied a 3188T 1.4 kernel. Again did you read the read me?

Bob
                Hoi Bob,
                Thanks for your reaction, yes i did read the file , but maby i make a mistake and that is ofcorse not your fault.
                I took boot720 and KK_RK3188_720_v01.02 i think that was wrong. I didn't realyse that is was overclocked.
                For me the only thing what rest is buy a new one. After buying a new one i wil use your rom again, because it was great.

with regards,

Oparinus

Comment

Isn't there any one you know that has a PC that you could use to reflash the rom ? I'm sure it will still function and all it needs it wiped and re-done with a fresh ROM. I have had mine shut down several times from testing out kernels and it is still kicking. They are tougher than you think.

Comment

Originally posted by glockman4519 View Post
                    Isn't there any one you know that has a PC that you could use to reflash the rom ? I'm sure it will still function and all it needs it wiped and re-done with a fresh ROM. I have had mine shut down several times from testing out kernels and it is still kicking. They are tougher than you think.
                    I can do it with my own pc, bycause i did it before, but this time my pc dont recognice the stick annymore.
                    I think it is compleetly dead, if i connected to the pc as usual, pres the button, connect the power nothing happend.Normal it comes in the flashmode.

Comment

It sounds to to that you just don't have the drivers installed. I'm not saying that you don't, just that this is the way it acts when the drivers aren't installed. I know this is a stupid question but did you try reloading the drivers?

Comment

Originally posted by glockman4519 View Post
                        It sounds to to that you just don't have the drivers installed. I'm not saying that you don't, just that this is the way it acts when the drivers aren't installed. I know this is a stupid question but did you try reloading the drivers?
                        I have checked if the drivers are stil there and they are. The T428 must be dead, bycause if i connect it to the PC it even gifs no sound and that is the first thing what must happen. That hase nothing to do with the drivers. If the drivers are not installed it says, new divice found.
                        Thanks fore the tips, but i am afraid that i have to buy a new one.

Comment

I have checked if the drivers are stil there and they are. The T428 must be dead, bycause if i connect it to the PC it even gifs no sound and that is the first thing what must happen. That hase nothing to do with the drivers. If the drivers are not installed it says, new divice found.
                          Thanks fore the tips, but i am afraid that i have to buy a new one.
                          If you were flashing between KitKat and JellyBean you may have hard bricked! If so the only way to fix it is to short NAND pins and get it into MASK ROM MODE. I bet this is what you have done. There are plenty of posts here showing what to short and how. I don't have one off the top of my head right now but search that and you will find it.

Bob
                          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Would this be of any help?

FLHT = Harley
                            HEMI = 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT
                            Cause I've been asked.

Comment

That's good stuff. Thank you. I hope I never have to use it but at least the link is here for that "just in case" moment.

Comment

Thanks Bob. is a great job
                                I Flashed the kernel at 1080p. using wifi, playing 1.6 GB series is going pretty well, but some timely stops well. films about 10GB and can not be viewed.

I chose to use the usb-ethernet adapter and i can view 22GB movies. I have to try more.
                                works for me now on ethernet perfectly, except one detail

I use the 4GB file for partitioning and here comes the problem. I can not activate the remaining GB in nand flash. I ajust various options on the menu to give me the option to change, but can not.

is there any option to adjust or is this wrong flashed. I have to flash again? or is any settings in the flash that i ignore?

sorry for the english

regards
                                Last edited by divenet; 05-06-2014, 19:06.

Comment

Working...
                                X