CS968 MTK KITKAT ROM 4.4 - Finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pincer View Post
    Here's the link, htc_t018 board v3, v4 and v5 with wifi and bluetooth using MTK chips, downloaded it and using it ..,

Official News from here - the 3rd red bold text contains link to RK Image tool
    download link here 20140424 the link is down
    firedrive link here 20140419

New firmware 20140424 from this thread by andylcm and is not rooted
    New Firmware 20140504download link here 20140504
    Cheers,

here's some noted changes (htc_t018_public_4.4.2_mtk_20140424),
    - it's stock rom so not rooted,
    - kernel is 720p
    - beyond xbmc is pre-installed
    - some chinese 3rd apps
    - free internal memory is 1,9 GB now, (same as 4.2.2 is 1,9GB)
    - nand flash (internal sdcard) 3,9 GB now, (same as 4.2.2 is 3.9GB)
    - HDMI output is by default set to 720p 60Hz
    - "SMART BOX" boot animation
    - Device known as CS968M,
    -
    It wake's up upon tv-on via hdmi, (no need to worry to turn-off the box) just notice it.
    - Auto detect av output (hdmi or av 3.5mm) hence the display menu will give you different submenu except scale

* to root it you need kingoapp
    please follow tech1 and its people who help write the procedures in his thread here
    or
    * using sjroot here, info from jiasheng

- to install driver use RK_Driver Asistant - tutorial from minix forum admin here

Tips : After each flashed please do a "Factory Reset", you can access "Factory Reset" in Setting -> Backup & Reset
    New firmware 20140504 here or here (htc_t018_public_4.4.2_mtk_20140504)
    Last edited by pincer; 05-14-2014, 05:13. Reason: add new link

Comment

Does anyone managed to download this new ROM?
      It´s not a good connection to China or wherever the server is :-(

New firmware 20140504 here (htc_t018_public_4.4.2_mtk_20140504)
      CR11S AP6210 Chipset
      CS968 MTK Chipset MT5981 - MT6622
      HTC-T018-V04

Comment

Downloaded new firmware

Originally posted by pejochto View Post
        Does anyone managed to download this new ROM?
        It´s not a good connection to China or wherever the server is :-(
        I was able to download this using FDM (integrated via Firefox). Was downloaded in around 3-4 minutes, so not bad.
        Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
        CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
        GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

Comment

New firmware 20140504 here (htc_t018_public_4.4.2_mtk_20140504)
          What's new features or benefits are there over the 20140424 version?

Comment

Originally posted by nguy View Post
            What's new features or benefits are there over the 20140424 version?
            besides Chinese apps, the beyond xbmx size is larger then in the previous rom, maybe it more packages and add-ons. I'll stick with 20140424 version. But Tech1 has build KitKat Custom Rom for us.., worthy to check it here.

Comment

CS968 MTK KITKAT ROM 4.4 - Finally

Hi Pincer!
              I just downloaded Tech1:s custom rom and i asked him about Motion Elf Service that starts preinstalled on these Rom:s, what is that?
              Could it be deleted or is it something necessery to keep, and for what?

Pejochto via Tapatalk
              CR11S AP6210 Chipset
              HTC-T018-V04

Comment

Hi Pincer!
                I just downloaded Tech1:s custom rom and i asked him about Motion Elf Service that starts preinstalled on these Rom:s, what is that?
                Could it be deleted or is it something necessery to keep, and for what?
                Pejochto via Tapatalk
                you can't delete it, but you can disable it, as far as i know, motion elf is like rk game controller apps. you can choose what input devices you want to use for playing game (wired and wireless) chinese and input devices dependent I think. too bad, the menus is in Chinese. i haven't try it all though.
                Last edited by pincer; 05-14-2014, 05:11. Reason: add details

Comment

I have a APP that´s called Appmaster, and if you have a rooted system you can use that app to delete system app:s, if you go into system in that app you will find a lot of system apps that can be deleted that even don´t show up as apps in Android:settings:apps.
                  I have deleteted a lot of chinese apps there and a lot of system apps that are more in use if you have KitKat installed on a telephone, for instance there is a app that´s called SIM manager, Messages, Exchange Services (If you don´t want that on your box and a lot more...

Cheers!

you can't delete it, but you can disable it, as far as i know, motion elf is like rk game controller apps. you can choose what input devices you want to use for playing game (wired and wireless) chinese and input devices dependent I think. too bad, the menus is in Chinese. i haven't try it all though.
                  CR11S AP6210 Chipset
                  HTC-T018-V04

Comment

I have a APP that´s called Appmaster, and if you have a rooted system you can use that app to delete system app:s, if you go into system in that app you will find a lot of system apps that can be deleted that even don´t show up as apps in Android:settings:apps.
                    I have deleteted a lot of chinese apps there and a lot of system apps that are more in use if you have KitKat installed on a telephone, for instance there is a app that´s called SIM manager, Messages, Exchange Services (If you don´t want that on your box and a lot more...

Cheers!
                    Unfortunately AppMaster or uninstall master as it is now called won't delete the chinese apps in this build. Tried removing motion elf - said uninstall unsuccessful!

Comment

Unfortunately AppMaster or uninstall master as it is now called won't delete the chinese apps in this build. Tried removing motion elf - said uninstall unsuccessful!
                      Is your CS968 rooted ...?

Comment

Originally posted by Tech1 View Post
                        Is your CS968 rooted ...?
                        It has to be fully rooted.., try installing SuperSU by Chainfire, after install this app, open the app, it will try to install binary files, if success, then your box is fully rooted. if not, you have to re-root your box.

Comment

It has to be fully rooted.., try installing SuperSU by Chainfire, after install this app, open the app, it will try to install binary files, if success, then your box is fully rooted. if not, you have to re-root your box.
                          Thanks, I thought that Kingroot had rooted the device but clearly it hadn't even though I had tried it twice. Working now - apps removed.

Comment

Thanks, I thought that Kingroot had rooted the device but clearly it hadn't even though I had tried it twice. Working now - apps removed.
                            Ok! If you don't mind me telling you, the way you are trying to root your Android TV box may cause you box not to be rooted ...

Do it this way, don't pre- the pre-install the SuperUer app, the Kinggo ROOT app will auto install the SuperUser app for you ...

Run the Kinggo app and click on "RooT Again" if successful, your Android TV box will auto reboot ... Open the SuperUser app and follow prop and the correct binary will auto be installed ...

Comment

Originally posted by Tech1 View Post
                              Ok! If you don't mind me telling you, the way you are trying to root your Android TV box may cause you box not to be rooted ...

Do it this way, don't pre- the pre-install the SuperUer app, the Kinggo ROOT app will auto install the SuperUser app for you ...

Run the Kinggo app and click on "RooT Again" if successful, your Android TV box will auto reboot ... Open the SuperUser app and follow prop and the correct binary will auto be installed ...
                              Thanks. I followed your instructions from your previous post and thought it had been rooted. I now is fully rooted now however.

Comment

New firmware 20140504 here or here (htc_t018_public_4.4.2_mtk_20140504)
                                I am confused now:

Is there an AP6210 version of this "May" firmware? I just received an AP6210 CS968 which came with stock with 4.4.2 dated to 0505 (ie a day after this one) yet all I can find only is this firmware for MTK boxes.

Am I missing something?

Comment

Working...
                                X