CS968 MTK KITKAT ROM 4.4 - Finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry my mistake...

i read it from my phone yesterday and thougt that this was a download link and not to another thread.
    I will check it out.

Originally posted by d33 View Post
    There are 43 pages in that thread, how much info do you need!
    CR11S AP6210 Chipset
    CS968 MTK Chipset MT5981 - MT6622
    HTC-T018-V04

Comment

PROBLEM WITH SOFTWARE

This firmware is stuck on box setting up after 15mins....? i have v3 board.. anyone having this issue

Comment

hi

i want to check if anyone has the same problem with me
        i have installed this rom , and root it using kingoapp

but i have a problem , i can't save some settings
        for example i change the screen frame (from settings -> screen and i reduce the frame because i use the box on an old tv with the av output) and when a reboot it the screen changes back to default

also , (somehow the same) i can't save settings on beyond xbmc , after restart (or even if i close the app and re run it) it's somehow with the default settings

Comment

Originally posted by kodorevi8ulis View Post
          hi

i want to check if anyone has the same problem with me
          i have installed this rom , and root it using kingoapp

but i have a problem , i can't save some settings
          for example i change the screen frame (from settings -> screen and i reduce the frame because i use the box on an old tv with the av output) and when a reboot it the screen changes back to default

also , (somehow the same) i can't save settings on beyond xbmc , after restart (or even if i close the app and re run it) it's somehow with the default settings
          try factory reset it. I recomend to always do factory reset after flashing and rooting.
          cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by ghanashyaml View Post
            There is an ON/OFF switch on the top right, when you go to Dev options. Until that is turned ON, the options USB options will be grayed out.

that's what happens when you decide to have a nerdy evening in company of a beer to celebrate wife's absence...sorry I overlooked that. Thank you for the hint.
            Still, it did't work either: followed the order described in the instructions an tried different combinations...nothing, windows kept on ignoring the device.
            What finally worked for me was the following: I removed the AC adapter and powered the stick through his OTG port directly from pc. Bang! Windows popup, device connected, drivers installed, rooted with kingoroot.

Comment

Originally posted by pincer View Post
              try factory reset it. I recomend to always do factory reset after flashing and rooting.
              cheers,

i thought that using the rk tools factory reset wasn't necessary

Comment

Did Factory reset solved the problem that you had?

I am not sure how to do the factory reset?
                Do you do that in "settings" ? or do you use the resetbutton ?

CR11S AP6210 Chipset
                HTC-T018-V04

Comment

A quick explaination - Factory reset

How you do the factory reset on a cs968 ?
                  I flashed the new rom here and everything works fine, but as you recommend to do a factory reset I was going to do that but I haven´t figure it out, how?

cheers,
                  CR11S AP6210 Chipset
                  HTC-T018-V04

Comment

Originally posted by pejochto View Post
                    I am not sure how to do the factory reset?
                    Do you do that in "settings" ? or do you use the resetbutton ?
                    How you do the factory reset on a cs968 ?
                    I flashed the new rom here and everything works fine, but as you recommend to do a factory reset I was going to do that but I haven´t figure it out, how?
                    Yes, the Factory Reset I mentioned after you flashed your firmware is in "Setting -> Backup & Restore -> Factory Reset". I dont know how to do hard reset button in this box yet.

Sometimes, after you upgrade or downgrade there's still files "left over" maybe in one of partition like in smartphone. IMHO

Comment

Ok, Thank´s

I´ll do that.

Yes, the Factory Reset I mentioned after you flashed your firmware is in "Setting -> Backup & Restore -> Factory Reset". I dont know how to do hard reset button in this box yet.

Sometimes, after you upgrade or downgrade there's still files "left over" maybe in one of partition like in smartphone. IMHO
                      CR11S AP6210 Chipset
                      HTC-T018-V04

Comment

I´ll do that.
                        Ok. Please do report here to inform us if the factory reset solve your problem.

Comment

well i did a factory reset

screen -> after restart the frame is still big , if i go to screen scale and press only once an arrow (for example left arrow to reduce the screen) then the frame goes to previous setting (previous as before the restart )

beyond xbmc -> well i didn't manage to update the library locally , but i used the advancedsettings.xml with my remote mysql db and it was ok (the problem now is that it can't download and display the thumbnails from the movies/shows)

Comment

New KitKat dated April 23 for the ap6210 for the CS968

Here is the new Kitkat rom for the CS968 dated April 23. It is rooted, but can't install busybox or Superuser. It is still 720P. It has Frumpster Beyond XBMC installed, but does not give multichannel passthrough via HDMI. Have not tried Gotham XBMC yet. One thing to note, it took about 20 minutes to set up, so be patient. Other than being rooted out of the box, it seems the same as the April 11 version.

4shared is a perfect place to store your pictures, documents, videos and files, so you can share them with friends, family, and the world. Claim your free 15GB now!
                            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Screen settings

Everything works for me, only thing tough is that when you change the settings you won't be able to press the OK button in the middle, but settings stays as you set it to.

QUOTE=pincer;172954]Ok. Please do report here to inform us if the factory reset solve your problem.[/QUOTE]
                              CR11S AP6210 Chipset
                              HTC-T018-V04

Comment

Originally posted by bigbow64 View Post
                                This firmware is stuck on box setting up after 15mins....? i have v3 board.. anyone having this issue
                                well i did a factory reset

screen -> after restart the frame is still big , if i go to screen scale and press only once an arrow (for example left arrow to reduce the screen) then the frame goes to previous setting (previous as before the restart )

beyond xbmc -> well i didn't manage to update the library locally , but i used the advancedsettings.xml with my remote mysql db and it was ok (the problem now is that it can't download and display the thumbnails from the movies/shows)
                                @bigbow64, try to reflash your firmware, and choose restore in Batch Tool. Btw, v3 with mtk right?
                                @kodorevi8ulis, sorry to inform you, that scale setting doesnt save with av output. only hdmi. As for beyond xbmc setting, I dont have experience in changing setting on it. But, maybe you can reinstall beyond xbmc.

Comment

Working...
                                X