X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK809III - KitKat 4.4 - SMIC717394 ---- 1080p ROM

Hi guys,

This is my first ROM for the MK809III. I dont even have the MK809III to test it so I had to rely on you. Few members already test it with success.

This ROM is for the 809III with AP6210 wifi and bluetooth boards V2 and V3.

You have 1080p and extra kernels 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8 in stock DDR or overclocked to 667.

The 1080p ROM

• Kitkat 4.2
    • HD resolution (1920x1080) - 1080p
    • 1.8V LCD support (to prevent flickering HDMI on some units especially the RK3188T)
    • Proper root
    • System debload
    • Installed the following apps: AnTuTu Benchmark, Beyond XMBC, MX Player and Codec, Reboot, Text Droider dpi and YouTube
    • VsyncFix - to fix the skipping frames on video playback
    • DTS and 5.1 AC3 pass-through support
    • Busybox and supersu updated
    • Tcp tweaks added
    • No-Frill cpu control

smic717394_809III_1080p_V4.4.02_ROM V2

smic717394_809III_1080p_V4.4.2_ROM_V3

----- New versión ROM: V4----

On the rom side, I fixed few bugs with the daemon and update the supersu and binary to latest version 2.01, install twrp recovery, added few more apps, remove the beyondxbmc as in kitkat the HW acceleration doesn’t work yet, change the default wallpaper to a simple brushed aluminium look, modified the Launher3.

Beside the standard apps, the new apps installed in this rom are:

- Antutu – Benchmark app.
    - Autorun – This app allow you to automatically start one or more apps when the unit starts.
    - No-frills CPU control – Allow you to change the CPU max and minimum, and governors.
    - Reboot by petrus – Updated to v 1.2.2
    - SPMC 13.2 – XBMC for RK3188
    - Terminal Emulator
    - textdroider_dpi – allow you to change the dpi to a smaller or larger one.
    - install TWRP recovery.

On the kernel side, I implemented the video shutter fix, modify the rockchip hdmi drivers so if it doesn’t mute when the HDMI is disconnected or in case the SOC detects your connection as DVI.

The kernels are now compressed, mainly to prevent patching not by you fine people but by company that uses the ROM made by the great devs from Freaktab. We put allot of work and hours into this ROMs and few companies think that if they download than patch the kernel with their brand its theirs, not fairs. So here are my terms for using this rom. As a private user and as a member of this page you can use the rom as you like, without any limitation what so ever, but I would appreciate if you leave my boot animation, it’s all I have to show after all. If you want to use the ROM commercially, you cannot remove any of the branding from the ROM and from the Kernel, you can use it as you wish but as it is, if you want to change it you can get in touch with any dev from this side only.

Now all that been said let’s get back to the kernel. I created 10 versions. The kernels marked h have only high frequency’s.

For example a kernel kernel_1.6_667 will have cpu 312, 504, 816, 1008, 1416 and 1608 and the GPU 664 and DDR 200, 266, 300, 400, 600, because the CPU can drop all the way to 312 when not used allow the unit to run cooler and more stable. The kernel kernel_1.6_667 will have cpu 1200, 1416 and 1608 and the GPU 664 and DDR 200, 266, 300, 400, 600, because the CPU will only drop as 1.2 as min speed the box will run hotter but you get more points on benchmark (not real performance).

As usual, I hope you guys like it, and since next week I´m off in holiday, I may not be able to reply as fast but I hope you enjoy the ROM.
    Note:

You have to rename the parameter before opening the
    RKAndroidTool. Also please note that you can only flash the parameters when you flash the rom and not after so if you want to change the size you will have to flash again so back up your data.

Also When you flash the ROM do a EraseIDB before (dont do it if you just flashing the kernel)

After flashing with a different system partition (parameter) size than your previous ROM - you need to go to System -> Storage and mount SD card. You will get a notification saying something about "Damaged Memory". Open this notification, and format the SD card.

smic717394_809III_1080p_V4
    Last edited by smic717394; 08-03-2014, 23:15. Reason: New ROM
    For all your computer problems...
    http://www.salvamipc.es

you did a great job! do not really know how to thank you! finally kitkat fast and 1080p for mk809III!! for all those who have problems like me with these rare mk809III problem with kernel d33! you really are a great! thank you for your willingness to make this work ..!!!

Comment

Originally posted by play View Post
      you did a great job! do not really know how to thank you! finally kitkat fast and 1080p for mk809III!! for all those who have problems like me with these rare mk809III problem with kernel d33! you really are a great! thank you for your willingness to make this work ..!!!

No problems, glad I can help. Please let me know if the rom and kernels for 809III works. Also If you use it on a nice TV I can add 24Hz resolution so for movies in 24Hz will look better.

Comment

Originally posted by smic717394 View Post
        No problems, glad I can help. Please let me know if the rom and kernels for 809III works. Also If you use it on a nice TV I can add 24Hz resolution so for movies in 24Hz will look better.
        So far this is working remarkably well on my MK809III as well! Besides Neomode's 3.1, this is the only KitKat rom my stick will accept, and it's blazing fast. Great work!

Right now the only thing I would wish for (but don't expect to get) is the option for jellybean sound drivers. Some of us have noticed that with older HDMI TV's or monitors, KitKat sound polls the screen for capability. If no response is given by the older screen, then all sound is muted. Finless was disussing this with D33 on another thread. It would be nice if instead of muting as a default, then stereo sound were output as a minimum. I'm using this stick part of the time with a motorola lapdock, and get no sound unless I use a jellybean rom.

Comment

Originally posted by PolloLoco View Post
          So far this is working remarkably well on my MK809III as well! Besides Neomode's 3.1, this is the only KitKat rom my stick will accept, and it's blazing fast. Great work!

Right now the only thing I would wish for (but don't expect to get) is the option for jellybean sound drivers. Some of us have noticed that with older HDMI TV's or monitors, KitKat sound polls the screen for capability. If no response is given by the older screen, then all sound is muted. Finless was disussing this with D33 on another thread. It would be nice if instead of muting as a default, then stereo sound were output as a minimum. I'm using this stick part of the time with a motorola lapdock, and get no sound unless I use a jellybean rom.

I´ll Have a look, now I´m compiling some 24Hz kernels for this ROM

Comment

I´ll Have a look, now I´m compiling some 24Hz kernels for this ROM
            Great job regardless. It's working fantastic on most of my tv's. Just in case you have time to look at the sound issue, here's the link to the original discussion between d33 and finless:

See posts 1089 to 1097:

Just to be clear, I think this affects all Kitkat kernels. If you have an old TV or monitor, there's a better chance that sound won't work. Since jellybean would send out stereo regardless, it worked with all Tv's.

I'd be happy to test anything you might come up with.
            Last edited by PolloLoco; 06-29-2014, 19:45.

Comment

Less important but probably easier to fix, the home and menu buttons on my air mice don't work with this rom. My Mele F10 worked great with the Quickshot roms. I can't remember if it worked on Neomode's 3.1.

I've been using this for hours, and it's the most stable rom I've used on this stick. I had a couple crashes while installing apps the first time, but it's been rock solid since.

Comment

Less important but probably easier to fix, the home and menu buttons on my air mice don't work with this rom. My Mele F10 worked great with the Quickshot roms. I can't remember if it worked on Neomode's 3.1.

I've been using this for hours, and it's the most stable rom I've used on this stick. I had a couple crashes while installing apps the first time, but it's been rock solid since.
                I´m uploading now a new system.img, with extra drivers, this should fix mele F10 problem. Regarding the sound, the link you sent me it broken, but I´m assuming the problem is not the kernel but your TV.

What happen, the RK3188 send signal to the TV, if TV doesn't respond back then RK3188 assume you connected the TV to a DVI instead of HDMI, therefore no need for sound and it cuts the sound.

I´m assume that's the problem, cant say for sure since I´m not the smartest monkey around here, but I´ll have a look at hdmi-lcd.c and see what I can do.

The new system is coming shortly, still uploading...tick, tack...

System.img with extra drivers
                Last edited by smic717394; 06-29-2014, 17:35.

Comment

I´m uploading now a new system.img, with extra drivers, this should fix mele F10 problem. Regarding the sound, the link you sent me it broken, but I´m assuming the problem is not the kernel but your TV.

What happen, the RK3188 send signal to the TV, if TV doesn't respond back then RK3188 assume you connected the TV to a DVI instead of HDMI, therefore no need for sound and it cuts the sound.

I´m assume that's the problem, cant say for sure since I´m not the smartest monkey around here, but I´ll have a look at hdmi-lcd.c and see what I can do.

The new system is coming shortly, still uploading...tick, tack...

System.img with extra drivers
                  Sorry about the dead link. You understand the situation perfectly however. With jellybean, the sound drivers default to stereo, so it worked for all tv's. I would think adding an option that didn't cut off sound, or defaulted to stereo - would be the best fix. Don't know if it's possible.

When I get home tonight I will try to fix the link.

Edit: I think I fixed the link. Though it mirrors what you said. It would be awesome if you could find a fix.
                  Last edited by PolloLoco; 06-29-2014, 19:46.

Comment

did you checked the system.ini fix for the remote

Comment

did you checked the system.ini fix for the remote
                      Shoot, no. I figured it had to be baked into the rom first. Do I just overwrite the file?

Comment

look at post 8

Comment

look at post 8
                          Got it, and installed it. It works! At least the home button now works, which is the most important thing. I still can't get the menu button on my air mouse to work - but that's not important at all.

Besides that, check your PM. Your sound kernel works! Brilliant. I just don't know if it's only better for those of us with old TV's - or if it's better for everyone to use from now on. Regardless, you should spread the word.

Let me know if you want me to stop providing feedback, because anything else is minor. You've put together an amazing ROM. The best I've tried on this particular stick. Two minor things I've noticed:

1) EXFAT didn't work for USB drives. NTFS works great. Don't know if it helps you potentially incorporate it, but Quickshot 3.1 supports EXFAT cards and drives.

2) If you put an item on the dock immediately to the right of the "apps" button on the right of the screen, it will be lost after a reset. This also happened to me with your jellybean rom - kind of an odd bug.

Besides that - as a heads up to new users, I only had bugs or crashes when doing all my initial app installs. Occasionally the app would repeatedly crash, or the whole system would hang and crash. But a reboot solved any problem I was having. Now that all my main apps are installed - yesterday my wife and I binge watched Netflix for about 6 hours without a single bug. The MK902 jellybean rom was not as stable. So if something doesn't install correctly - keep trying.

Comment

great Smic, I'm using yesterday with kernel 1.8 gpu600 DDR600 and I must say it is fabulous! hd video, emulators, games, internet, youtube! all working and fast .. maybe you could .. push a little more the GPU and DDR in order to have a more AnTuTu score really high but I think it's perfect! Guaranteed 1080p with xbmc 13.1 armebi gotham-V7a! fantastic jobI noticed only the loss of some app from home but otherwise everything is perfect! maybe you can change the build.prop to spoof and a samsung so you have access to more apps on google play! thank you again! do many people happy!

Comment

Re: MK809III - KitKat 4.4 - SMIC717394 ---- 1080p ROM

Got it, and installed it. It works! At least the home button now works, which is the most important thing. I still can't get the menu button on my air mouse to work - but that's not important at all.

Besides that, check your PM. Your sound kernel works! Brilliant. I just don't know if it's only better for those of us with old TV's - or if it's better for everyone to use from now on. Regardless, you should spread the word.

Let me know if you want me to stop providing feedback, because anything else is minor. You've put together an amazing ROM. The best I've tried on this particular stick. Two minor things I've noticed:

1) EXFAT didn't work for USB drives. NTFS works great. Don't know if it helps you potentially incorporate it, but Quickshot 3.1 supports EXFAT cards and drives.

2) If you put an item on the dock immediately to the right of the "apps" button on the right of the screen, it will be lost after a reset. This also happened to me with your jellybean rom - kind of an odd bug.

Besides that - as a heads up to new users, I only had bugs or crashes when doing all my initial app installs. Occasionally the app would repeatedly crash, or the whole system would hang and crash. But a reboot solved any problem I was having. Now that all my main apps are installed - yesterday my wife and I binge watched Netflix for about 6 hours without a single bug. The MK902 jellybean rom was not as stable. So if something doesn't install correctly - keep trying.
                              Hi Pollo, no problem. feedback is always welcome. Ill have a look but i need a break now. I stood yesterday till 5 am to get the sound working...

P.S. the private message you seny me not bob

Comment

Working...
                              X