This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smic717394 View Post
    They locked the T to 1.4 because aparantly over 1.4 will be unstable.
    That may be Rockchip's intent but I know many users that have overclocked T's without a loss in stability although the cpu tends to run hotter. I've run OC'd kernels for long periods in the past without incident but I run your kernel now. It does everything I need even though it maxes out at 1.4 GHz.
    Ultimately it's a little shady to sell a product stating it will go 1.8 GHz when it won't but that's a whole other issue.
    HK1 Pro Plus
    FlowFon F1
    H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
    MXQ Pro+
    R-TVBOX Mini+
    MK809III

Comment

Right now this rom runs perfect. I can't think of anything I would want to do with it, that it can't do right now. I'm not expecting the next version of Android on RK3188, so I'm happy the current rom is pretty bug-Free more or less.

One question, has anyone used a Webcam on this or any of Smic's roms? I don't think I would ever use one, but I have heard people complain that the image is too dark on most other RK3188 kitkat ROM's.

Comment

Re: MK809III - KitKat 4.4 - SMIC717394 ---- 1080p ROM

Given that an SOC has more than just core processor(s) in it's physical makeup there was surely more to the -t "spec" quality control barrier than just clock speed tolerance. Rockchip throttled the speed to alleviate the big problem of core malfunction and, to the best of my knowledge, also maintain stability with other functions of the SOC plus surrounding pcb components. That being said, Rockchip hasn't indicated what falls into "-T" category. Apparently Intel doesnt mind that sort of nonsense. Sad.

For what it is worth, I cap @ 1.6ghz, not 1.4 and my stick has a non -T RK3188. It cant be only my stick affected.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
        Please post your h/w & s/w as signature to help community with troubleshooting problems.
        Mk802IV / AP6210 (RK3188) - SMIC717394 809III 1080p 4.4 (v2) base & default kernel w/ 4gb parameter.
        uTechsmart (Asix AX88772 chip) USB Ethernet Adapter
        iLuv iAD517 2.1A USB PS + Asus AD83531 2.0A USB PS
        Motorola 89451N BT KB + Logitech K400r 2.4GHz KB

Comment

Originally posted by PolloLoco View Post
          Right now this rom runs perfect. I can't think of anything I would want to do with it, that it can't do right now. I'm not expecting the next version of Android on RK3188, so I'm happy the current rom is pretty bug-Free more or less.

One question, has anyone used a Webcam on this or any of Smic's roms? I don't think I would ever use one, but I have heard people complain that the image is too dark on most other RK3188 kitkat ROM's.
          I don't use a webcam but I hooked one up today to try it. It is an old Microsoft Lifecam VX-500. I didn't think the image was too dark but I was in a well lit room. If I took a photo it turned out black although a panorama was fine. I couldn't get it to save a movie. I think it's a power issue.
          If you press and hold a menu appears that includes an exposure control, a countdown timer, location and picture size.
          HK1 Pro Plus
          FlowFon F1
          MXQ Pro+
          R-TVBOX Mini+
          MK809III

Comment

Originally posted by imaddiced2u View Post
            I don't use a webcam but I hooked one up today to try it. It is an old Microsoft Lifecam VX-500. I didn't think the image was too dark but I was in a well lit room. If I took a photo it turned out black although a panorama was fine. I couldn't get it to save a movie. I think it's a power issue.
            If you press and hold a menu appears that includes an exposure control, a countdown timer, location and picture size.
            Thanks for the feedback! Maybe all the complaints I've seen on other threads don't apply to this ROM, or aren't as bad as reported.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Maybe all the complaints I've seen on other threads don't apply to this ROM, or aren't as bad as reported.
              How does one determine which of the many USB webcams with built in mic out there is compatible?
              I've tried 3, one the cam app wouldn't open, another would take a black pic and wouldn't record a movie, the third would take a pic, wouldn't record video but the cam app would crash after a minute. I tried them all plugged in to a powered USB hub and also tried a few different camera apps.
              HK1 Pro Plus
              FlowFon F1
              MXQ Pro+
              R-TVBOX Mini+
              MK809III

Comment

Originally posted by imaddiced2u View Post
                How does one determine which of the many USB webcams with built in mic out there is compatible?
                I've tried 3, one the cam app wouldn't open, another would take a black pic and wouldn't record a movie, the third would take a pic, wouldn't record video but the cam app would crash after a minute. I tried them all plugged in to a powered USB hub and also tried a few different camera apps.
                Go to the Neomode3.1 thread on this forum and search for "Webcam". The most recent post is a link to a fix by Walter77. Most people have had luck with a Logitech c310, except for the dark image. I just wonder if the dark image fix is already in this rom.

Comment

Go to the Neomode3.1 thread on this forum and search for "Webcam". The most recent post is a link to a fix by Walter77. Most people have had luck with a Logitech c310, except for the dark image. I just wonder if the dark image fix is already in this rom.
                  Two of the cams that I tried don't have dark image. Although there are compatibility issues with cam apps making the cams unusable. Both must be using different drivers because each has a different press and hold menu popup.
                  Is anyone using a webcam successfully? If so what webcam are you using?
                  HK1 Pro Plus
                  FlowFon F1
                  MXQ Pro+
                  R-TVBOX Mini+
                  MK809III

Comment

Hey, im afraid i have the rk3188-t / rtl 8723 cbs cipset in my stick, is it possible to get the wifi and bluetooth working on that with some other drivers maybe?

Comment

smic717394_809III_1080p_V4.4.2_ROM_V3

Just installed this Rom and very impressive with the performance of this Rom everything work!!

Things I don't like:
                      - No recovery CWM / TWRP.. (please add it the next update)
                      - Trebuchet it very messing to change wallpaper and optimization.. (replaced with Nova Launcher it runs faster and better to customize apps, themes and widgets..)

Thanks smic717394 keep the good work and can't wait for your next Work of Art...
                      -Chromecast with Google TV
                      - Android Q Android 10

Comment

First i'd like to say many thanks to smic for this great ROM.

Could you publish the sourcefiles of your ROM, please?

Comment

Hi! I've been testing this ROM and I must say it has what I want: KitKat and 1080p. But I'm having some problems with it.

First my stick:
                          CloudnetGo CR9 (MK802IV) AP6210 - RK3188 non T

I flashed it with the kernel kernel_1.7h_600_667.img -> reboots during boot, sometimes enters the launcher but it reboots... The reboot is not "instantaneous", the image seems to get all messed up and then (maybe 5 seconds) and it reboots.

Same thing happened with kernel_1.6h_600_667.img.

kernel_1.7h_stock_stock.img worked fine but the video performance seems a bit low compared to Neomode 3.1 ROM (but it's 720p and I really want 1080p). Also the stick got very HOT! I run Neomode's ROM with 1.7Ghz kernel (kernel_cpu1704h_gpu798h_ddr667.img) and the stick only gets a little warm, nothing to worry about.

kernel_1.6_full_range.img is my actual kernel but it hasn't 1.6Ghz frequency, only 1.4Ghz and lower. The previous kernel (kernel_1.7h_stock_stock.img) had 1.7Ghz, 1.4Ghz and lower ones... (no 1.6Ghz).

This has been my experience with this ROM so far and I will test some more of your kernels. But I have some questions:
                          - What does "full_range" means?
                          - Do the "full_range" have GPU and DDR overclocked or only the "600_667"?

I think you have a great project here, hope you continue to improve it! Many thanks!

Comment

I've got a request that's only for if you're bored, because it's extremely minor and unimportant. I saw someone post this on the D33 kernel thread, and I know you were looking to add an HDMI out option to the ROM.

How difficult would it be to provide 1366x768 options to the ROM? I'm perfectly happy using 720p for the tv in question, but just curious to see if it would be possible to get a native match.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyback View Post
                              - What does "full_range" means?
                              - Do the "full_range" have GPU and DDR overclocked or only the "600_667"?
                              "Full range" refers to the core clock speeds available from the SOC through specific kernel settings. That being said, the full range kernel should give your stick a clock range from ~315mhz to 1.8ghz.
                              Unless specified as such, the kernels do not have gpu or ram OC.

Please post your h/w & s/w as signature to help community with troubleshooting problems.
                              Mk802IV / AP6210 (RK3188) - SMIC717394 809III 1080p 4.4 (v2) base & default kernel w/ 4gb parameter.
                              uTechsmart (Asix AX88772 chip) USB Ethernet Adapter
                              iLuv iAD517 2.1A USB PS + Asus AD83531 2.0A USB PS
                              Motorola 89451N BT KB + Logitech K400r 2.4GHz KB

Comment

Originally posted by mechaone View Post
                                "Full range" refers to the core clock speeds available from the SOC through specific kernel settings. That being said, the full range kernel should give your stick a clock range from ~315mhz to 1.8ghz.
                                Unless specified as such, the kernels do not have gpu or ram OC.

well explained. the 600_667 is the gpu/ddr speeds. 600 for GPU witch is the stock speed and 667 for ddr. There is no much point to push the gpu too much one since we overclock the ddr the gpu will be in effect be somehow overclocked since the gpu uses the ddr and second ddr is also locked in boot to 400. so you can overclock what you want thw gpu, will still run at 400.
                                For all your computer problems...
                                http://www.salvamipc.es

Comment

Working...
                                X