This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by imaddiced2u View Post
    My two 3188T MK809III have a locked clock speed of 1.416 GHz no matter which one of smic's kernel's I use. So I just left the 1.8GHz full range kernel installed. Appartently the code to unlock the 3188T is not built in to smic's kernels. With T unlocked 4.2 JellyBean kernel I was able to push the clock on one of them to 1.6 GHz and got AnTuTu of over 19,000.
    I can't understand why I get such different AnTuTu results, 15,000 versus 17,000 even though they both have the same clock speed.
    What kernel you are running on the V1?
    For all your computer problems...
    http://www.salvamipc.es

Comment

Originally posted by smic717394 View Post
      What kernel you are running on the V1?
      I was running the 1.8 full range kernel that you made for me on V1. Now I'm running V2 with the 1.8 full range kernel on both my MK809III's. In post #77 you can see results of testing all the V2 kernels on the V1 ROM. I didn't really see much of a difference between full range and 1.2-1.4 GHz.
      HK1 Pro Plus
      FlowFon F1
      H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
      MXQ Pro+
      R-TVBOX Mini+
      MK809III

Comment

Re: MK809III - KitKat 4.4 - SMIC717394 ---- 1080p ROM

I was running the 1.8 full range kernel that you made for me on V1. Now I'm running V2 with the 1.8 full range kernel on both my MK809III's. In post #77 you can see results of testing all the V2 kernels on the V1 ROM. I didn't really see much of a difference between full range and 1.2-1.4 GHz.
        Can you try the v2 rom but with the kernel from v1. the problem should be the kernel.

Im sorry guys but everytime i released a kernel somebody wanted something added, i modified the sdk to the point that i cant remember all the changes. And dont forget im doing all the work in total darkness as i dont have the unit to try.

Please try the v1 kernwl on v2 rom and if you happy let me know and Ill start from scratch with a new kernel.

Comment

Can you try the v2 rom but with the kernel from v1. the problem should be the kernel.

Im sorry guys but everytime i released a kernel somebody wanted something added, i modified the sdk to the point that i cant remember all the changes. And dont forget im doing all the work in total darkness as i dont have the unit to try.

Please try the v1 kernwl on v2 rom and if you happy let me know and Ill start from scratch with a new kernel.
          Ok, installed the V1 1.8 GHz full range kernel on the V2 ROM, My 3188T clock range 312MHz-1.416GHz, 3 runs of AnTuTu= 16758, 16391, 16539
          Back to V2 1.8 full range kernel on V2 ROM, 3 runs of AnTuTu= 16359, 17255, 17298
          HK1 Pro Plus
          FlowFon F1
          MXQ Pro+
          R-TVBOX Mini+
          MK809III

Comment

Ok, installed the V1 1.8 GHz full range kernel on the V2 ROM, My 3188T clock range 312MHz-1.416GHz, 3 runs of AnTuTu= 16758, 16391, 16539
            Back to V2 1.8 full range kernel on V2 ROM, 3 runs of AnTuTu= 16359, 17255, 17298
            What about v1 1.8 on the v1 rom?

Comment

What about v1 1.8 on the v1 rom?
              When I was running the V1 1.8 full range kernel on the V1 ROM. A run of AnTuTu returned 16593 .
              HK1 Pro Plus
              FlowFon F1
              MXQ Pro+
              R-TVBOX Mini+
              MK809III

Comment

When I was running the V1 1.8 full range kernel on the V1 ROM. A run of AnTuTu returned 16593 .
                ok. so is the kernel Ill compile a new kernel for you guys
                Last edited by smic717394; 07-08-2014, 09:29.

Comment

ok. so is the kernel Ill compile a new kernel for you guys
                  I thank you for your hard work. I'm good with the kernel as is. I was just curious why one of my MK809III's both 3188T with V2 ROM and 1.8 full range kernel gets an AnTuTu score of 17,000 and the other gets 15,000.
                  I think some users might like a T unlock version of the kernels though. With a warning that it could be unstable and possibly reduce the life of the device.
                  HK1 Pro Plus
                  FlowFon F1
                  MXQ Pro+
                  R-TVBOX Mini+
                  MK809III

Comment

I put the kernel from this link http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l-(well-most!).
                    CPU: 1.6
                    AnTuTu 19000-20000

Comment

Hi, any chance for working firmware for MK809iii with MTK WiFi/Bluetooth ?

Regards,

Benobi

Comment

Originally posted by Benobi View Post

Regards,

Benobi
                        +1
                        I say the same

Comment

Originally posted by Benobi View Post

Regards,

Benobi
                          Ill try buddy... MTK ia really a b**h. If you can send me the gpio for the wifi and bt, will be allot easier.... ill send you tomorrow a rom...

Comment

Originally posted by presto View Post
                            I put the kernel from this link http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l-(well-most!).
                            AnTuTu 19000-20000

Be careful though - that Kernel is less compatible than SMIC717394's. I installed the kernel you linked on several sticks, and it only booted for kitkat on my RK3188T sticks, ironically, not on the true RK3188's.

The kernels that Neomode and SMIC717394 are using for their Kit Kat Roms are the most compatible. Especially when you factor in SMIC's audio out fix for certain TV's. My best friend just called me yesterday, because he got no audio out from the stick I gave him. I had installed Quickshot on his stick - I'll replace it with this ROM, and SMIC's excellent audio-fix kernel. The only concern I have is that the Quickshot kernel had unlocked his RK3188T stick to 1.6ghz+, I'm not 100% positive that SMIC's kernel will do the same. . .

Besides that - some of you folks are focusing too hard on benchmarks as opposed to real life benchmarks. Before this ROM and Kernel - I was using SMIC's MK902 1080P Jellybean ROM. Antutu was only reporting 13000! It was, however, reporting a 1.6ghz clockspeed. But it was obvious that the ROM was much faster than stock, or competing custom ROMs in gaming and video. Since using SMIC's ROM - I've been streaming 1080P videos without a problem (at 1.4ghz, playback was stuttery) and getting excellent video game play. I suggest focusing more on real life benchmarks than Antutu. But if you're getting unsatisfactory performance, then by all means look around for a better option.

Comment

Originally posted by presto View Post
                              AnTuTu 19000-20000

Can you try with the 1.8 kernel and this boot img

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Comment

Ill try buddy... MTK ia really a b**h. If you can send me the gpio for the wifi and bt, will be allot easier.... ill send you tomorrow a rom...
                                Hi,

I found this info:

Downloaded file, unpacked, but see errors (when try insmod command).

Hope you are able to do that

Benobi

Comment

Working...
                                X