X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smic717394 View Post
    Hi,

THis is a full range kernel. CPU 312 - 1800, GPU 133 - 600 and DDR 200 and 667

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fa...kernel_1.8.img

Excellent, No-frills CPU control is now showing max 1.416GHz Min 312MHz.
    Many thanks.
    A run of AnTuTu returns 16593.
    HK1 Pro Plus
    FlowFon F1
    H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
    MXQ Pro+
    R-TVBOX Mini+
    MK809III

Comment

Re: MK809III - KitKat 4.4 - SMIC717394 ---- 1080p ROM

Great "up", Smic! Sounds like youve built a damn fine rom. Enough so that I want to try it, but don't have the time available to do run tests on my stick.
      So here comes the cliche question we have read a million times elsewhere. Will it work in another lucky device? Can anyone please validate whether this will function in an MK802IV no-T AP6210 and if so which kernel might be a good fit with it?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
      Please post your h/w & s/w as signature to help community with troubleshooting problems.
      Mk802IV / AP6210 (RK3188) - SMIC717394 809III 1080p 4.4 (v2) base & default kernel w/ 4gb parameter.
      uTechsmart (Asix AX88772 chip) USB Ethernet Adapter
      iLuv iAD517 2.1A USB PS + Asus AD83531 2.0A USB PS
      Motorola 89451N BT KB + Logitech K400r 2.4GHz KB

Comment

Originally posted by Dzigi.Bau View Post
        I tried this kernel of yours. Could you please consider small change for us, who us it with power up the the stick through television usb port.

With D33's kernel, no gpu no ddr overclock, there was more options for HDMI output:

1080px60
        1080ix60
        1080px50
        1080ix50
        1080px24

It is important for us, this 1080i version, since all others have a problem with picture and sound flickers, which is related with more power needed for 1080p range.

Is it possible to compile kernel which would have 1080i, this i is very important, with no gpu or ddr overclock, just range 312-1608 for cpu, with correct vsync and other stuff of yours.

I use your kernel with Neo's 3.1 version of ROM, which is stable so far.

So you using somebody else rom but you want me to do the kernel for you. Jeje, here you have it

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gff4hpwff89c887/kernel_more_frq.img

Now you should have:

1920 x 1080p 60Hz
        1920 x 1080p 50Hz
        1920 x 1080i 60Hz
        1920 x 1080i 50Hz
        1920 x 1080p 30Hz
        1920 x 1080p 24Hz
        1280 x 720p 60Hz
        1280 x 720p 50Hz
        720 x 576p 50Hz
        720 x 480p 60Hz

Now, not all the resolution will appear in the list unless your TV can support it. So unless you have a TV that supports 24Hz or 30Hz, you will not see it in the list. If you have it in the list then you can select it, but the image will refresh slower about 24 times every second instead of 60 times.

This is great for watching movies in 24Hz, not so great for the UI. The User interface will appear slower, this is normal behavior.
        For all your computer problems...
        http://www.salvamipc.es

Comment

Originally posted by mechaone View Post
          Great "up", Smic! Sounds like youve built a damn fine rom. Enough so that I want to try it, but don't have the time available to do run tests on my stick.
          So here comes the cliche question we have read a million times elsewhere. Will it work in another lucky device? Can anyone please validate whether this will function in an MK802IV no-T AP6210 and if so which kernel might be a good fit with it?

Hi,

The rom should work just fine with the MK802IV. Download the rom from page one and use the kernel from the link bellow, its has evolved a bit since...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gff4hpwff89c887/kernel_more_frq.img

Comment

Hi smic717394,

Can you please add correct drivers for MTK chipset to kernel?

Regards,

Benobi

Comment

Originally posted by Benobi View Post
              Hi smic717394,

Can you please add correct drivers for MTK chipset to kernel?

Regards,

Benobi
              I,ll have a look but the MT7601 it appear to be a external usb card but powered directlly by the board. Is a but of a bitch because I have to change the GPIO of the board configuration withe the pin that powers the card. Ill do my best, but because i dont have the card to test it its a bit harder.

Comment

Thanks for fast reply.

Maybe you could unpack working kernel from this first post and check added drivers for MTK:

Regards,

Benobi

Comment

Thanks for fast reply.

Maybe you could unpack working kernel from this first post and check added drivers for MTK:

Regards,

Benobi
                  I can have a look but you cannot extract a compilled kernel. Do me a try my rom with the kernel from the link you sent me. tell me if wifi works. If it does there is an app hw info run and see what model wifi shows.

Comment

I can have a look but you cannot extract a compilled kernel. Do me a try my rom with the kernel from the link you sent me. tell me if wifi works. If it does there is an app hw info run and see what model wifi shows.
                    So just replace kernels?
                    I will not brick my stick that way (KitKat with 4.2 kernel)?

Regards,

Benobi

Comment

download my rom from page 1 and download the rom from link u sent me.

from the Neomode rom get the kernel img and placed in my rom replacing my kernel. and flash it.

Comment

So just replace kernels?
                        I will not brick my stick that way (KitKat with 4.2 kernel)?

Regards,

Benobi
                        You using kitkat right? and neos kernel is KitKat. ? Then no problem.

Comment

Your firmware is KitKat 4.4.
                          Neo firmware is Android 4.2.

Comment

then u cant do it...

Comment

i see.
                              OK then, so i will wait for your kernel
                              Hope you can do that

Regards,

Benobi

Comment

Hi,

The rom should work just fine with the MK802IV. Download the rom from page one and use the kernel from the link bellow, its has evolved a bit since...
                                Thanks, Smic! Downloaded. I cant wait.... Will post results following an attempt at rom flash after work today.
                                I think you mentioned in your MK902 rom thread that you added drivers to kernel for extended keyboard functionality. I've searched for exactly that on the web and the Play Store, without any positive results. Although I own an RC11 air mouse and a Moto BT keyboard, my primary kb used is the Logitech K400 wireless. Dont really know if the k400 is still a commonly used KB any more in Android circles, but it is in my family. Having the inherent kb media keys functioning is a major contributing factor to whether a certain rom will work right for the household. It's one of the major reasons I had to opt out of Neo's 3.1 rom and go back to Neo 1.9a. Do you know what kb drivers might be necessary for the k400, and whether it has been covered with the f10 driver insertion? Is there a lot of coding required to accomplish this? I'm a programming dunce, but am willing to swing at it with adequate instruction.
                                Is there any way you could refer me to relevant info so I don't have to harass anyone to tailor it for me.

Thank you Smic for your contributions.

Please post your h/w & s/w as signature to help community with troubleshooting problems.
                                Mk802IV / AP6210 (RK3188) - SMIC717394 809III 1080p 4.4 (v2) base & default kernel w/ 4gb parameter.
                                uTechsmart (Asix AX88772 chip) USB Ethernet Adapter
                                iLuv iAD517 2.1A USB PS + Asus AD83531 2.0A USB PS
                                Motorola 89451N BT KB + Logitech K400r 2.4GHz KB

Comment

Working...
                                X